Heroes of Might and Magic 5

Narga_Rocks

I am a fan. I think it has issues in comparison to other Heroes games:

-Anemic single player with not many scenarios to pick from.

-Lame campaign with too many cutscenes and too linear (if you're wondering, 4 had six campaigns that could be done in any order and 3 had even more campaigns iirc). Plus a forced tutorial! I'm also pretty sure that the Stronghold campaign is broken.

-Many spelling mistakes.

That being said, I think the graphics, music, and combat system are all amazing, as are the hero-building choices. Going back to other Heroes games where you can't view turn order or how much damage you'll deal is really difficult!

Edited by Anouleth

-Lame campaign with too many cutscenes and too linear (if you're wondering, 4 had six campaigns that could be done in any order and 3 had even more campaigns iirc). Plus a forced tutorial! I'm also pretty sure that the Stronghold campaign is broken.

3 had, I think, roughly 24 campaigns between Restoration of Erathia, Armageddon's Blade, and Shadow of Death. That's part of why Heroes 3 was the best.

oh I should ask what your favourite town is! I do like how the town themes were a bit more flavourful and fleshed out than in previous games, especially for Dungeon.

uh yeah if you beat the entire game on heroic you're probably a lot better at it then I am since I mainly just fucked around in the campaigns.

Edited by Anouleth

oh I should ask what your favourite town is! I do like how the town themes were a bit more flavourful and fleshed out than in previous games, especially for Dungeon.

uh yeah if you beat the entire game on heroic you're probably a lot better at it then I am since I mainly just fucked around in the campaigns.

Try it on heroic. Good times. But definitely play with at least a map of each scenario. The walkthroughs at celestial heavens are decent enough and I partly followed them sometimes, but I had more fun when I just looked at the map at the top of the walkthrough page and decided what to do on my own. Not using a map can cost precious days of travel or whatever, so it can be pretty helpful if you don't know the maps from playing on lower difficulties.

I played on a lower difficulty until the second part of Raelag's scenario, got pissed about failing the secondary objective and then restarted the whole thing on heroic. So everything after Raelag's second map I did on heroic first playthrough.

I like Academy. The mini-artifacts are just too much fun. Without enough resources to play with them, though, I'd have to say my favourite town is either the Orcs or Sylvan. Not that playing with Orcs against dark magic isn't a major pain or anything, it's not that I think they are the best they are just so much fun to use.