[FE4] Everybody hates Gen 1

Kiriane

I know, right, I'm so stupid.

Let's see. SP already has Nanna, so I should hope he doesn't pick Janne...but I can't exactly guarantee anything about that, considering the above posts. Yeah. Would be interested in hearing your reasoning for the second pick though, as you already have Lana and Corple...a case of "more is always better"?

EDIT: get on ip chat so we don't have to converse on the thread?

Edited by Kiriane

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S'okay.

But I really can't think of another answer to why he's not bothered or haven't realized it for so long. It'd be nice if he posted more than one-liners.

Edited by Xinnidy

Fair enough. So SP picks Lester, Baldrick picks Janne and Hawk, SP picks Lakche. This is the final version and I will not be entertaining any changes to it.

This means I get Delmud. Why'd you have to take Janne anyway, I wanted her?

I picked her to Return Celice after Edda (Holy holepunch!) because I want Femina to do other stuff and none of my other staff-users can afford the detour.

But I just realised I should've picked Delmud for a Charismabot :(:Is it too late to switch units with you

In other news, I found an old draft playthrough so I skipped doing chapters P-3! I'm on chapter 5 now, just waiting to see if I should pair Ayra or not.

Edited by Kamekameha

Well the only reason I wanted Janne was to do the exact same thing that you wanted

Hats off to Xinn for choosing Altenna without having Leaf drafted! I can already see the C9 log. :awesome: Since I wasn't around before you edited it, what was your original choice?

Now I'm going to do the exact same thing and say I want Faval. There should be enough time to recruit him, as long as Cel doesn't actually kill him first.

And oh yeah, I realised (with the Delmud pick) that I really should make Nanna free in C7, in addition to Janne. Same rules apply, meaning whatever Lachesis passed down to her is not allowed to be sold, ever. Even though it's technically possible to keep her completely out of combat because Fin, but then the same applies to Janne, so let's just do this the easy way.

Edited by Kiriane

You know, I actually forgot she returned to Thracia and yadda yadda until my refresher run not long ago, I blame not playing this game in months. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Can I re-rethink and get my Amid instead? XD;; I'm expecting a no anyways.

For my part, I think you're very brave for choosing Faval, even if he has a legendary weapon and there is time to recruit him.

I can finish off chapter 5, because Skasaha is no longer in my sights anyway.

Haha, why would that be considered brave? And why is Ska out of your sights? SP might make another highly unusual pick, which would work in your favour. Pretty sure Ska's out of my sights though, since you'll snap him up if SP doesn't...right?

Well, Celice won't be able to outrun him, so you'll have to hope you can tempt him away, because in my experience he does serious damage to Celice. And if you can, he's got a reasonable chance of killing anyone without good defenses or bad speed.

As for Skasaha, I'm leaning towards choosing Radney instead, because she makes recruiting Johalva easier, which I want to do to give Julia staff exp. The fact she becomes a Hero and I like her haircut has nothing to do with it. Skasaha's extra power may not be necessary.

Do you mean his AI is set to chase Cel around instead of heading for len* or al* castles to sack them? Cel can bypass Faval while taking only 1 EP of Ichival's fairly inaccurate attacks, if the movement lines up right. Never going to actually outrun him and take 0 attacks, though. And I know it's possible to recruit him without his ever being able to get in range on an EP, with good positioning of Patty. Assuming he runs in that direction to begin with. And Ichival HURTS, and Cel still has to run the Thunderstorm gauntlet, and so forth. Thank goodness for map saves, eh?

Now I'm just thinking who I should pair Brigid with. Jamuka to stack continue-skills, but he's got terrible skl, or Holyn for skl, but he's got no continue-skills, or someone else? I really, really want to get Continue on Faval, but he has very iffy str when I use Levin, and equally iffy skl when I use Jamuka, and nobody else passes that down. Charge is an option too, I suppose, and Critical, but maybe I shouldn't stack Ichival to 100 kills in gen 1 in the interests of Celice's survival.

Your pick, Baldrick. (See, SP went with a not-Ska pick. Told you so. Hey, that means I have halfway decent odds of actually getting him.)

Hey, Baldrick. We (Shin and I, in IP chat) were talking about how many turns, exactly, rescue Lana saves. Would you mind giving us a whole lot of detail on that? It was missing from your last draft log. The specific point of discussion was that stretch of desert post-Yied where Cel is just going straight down. I'm thinking he can be rescued over the desert. Can he?

Firstly, I'm taking Radney (dat hair) and Altenna. I reckon I can recruit her if her AI cooperates!

In my experience, Asaello goes in for Celice even if I ignore him, so I assumed Faval does the same unless you offer him a more enticing target. (I've only had Brigid once, and I can't remember what happened then) And yes, Celice needs every hit point he can get, but without Leg Ring he may have some support, so it might not be so bad.

Jamka, definitely. I think Critical and high skill is pretty unnecessary, (if he needs one of them, there's always the Killer Bow) and Jamka gives him good Strength.

Chapter 7 is Claude!Lana's time to shine, and I think she can turboboost Celice like a dancer does. Celice moves his 9, and Warped Lana moves 8. Then Lana moves 8 and Rescues. It's a bit less reliable, since Lana goes further and so needs to backtrack more to get back to the Warper in time to do it again at the next castle, but it should make up for my dancerlessness in ch. 8 and 9.

Incidentally, this is why I thought Leaf should be draftable. The first three players would pick up the dancers and the pseudo-dancer, and without a solo claim on Leaf, player 4 would be at even more of a disadvantage.

Well, that means I get Johalva. I am okay with this.

Also, I was specifically asking about this scenario: Cel runs past Faval and stops within range. Faval backtracks a little and attacks him - but he's currently closer to Len* than Cel is. Next turn, Cel runs completely out of his range and keeps on going as per normal. Does Faval keep on chasing after this, do I need to give him a more tempting target or will he naturally go for Len* once Cel's out of range?

The trouble with Jamuka is that Faval ends up with really crappy skl. And there's a significant difference between 12 and 27 skl when we're looking at Julius and his warlords.

Oh, and I think you're very brave for choosing Altenna! (Why is Tristan a last round pick?)

Edited by Kiriane

In that case, Faval would head to Len*. Pulling it off is the tricky part.

Jamka!Faval has 14 skl, +2 on promotion, and 25% growth. He'll probably have around 21 skill at Endgame, which is 6 off his cap. I think 12% hit for Continue is a reasonable trade-off.

I'm betting that a quick kill of Trabant (hopefully Femina can pull it off) will give Altenna enough time to reach Celice if she heads straight west.

Yeah SP should have picked him by now

Edited by Kamekameha