[Joke] Nintendo has sold the Fire Emblem franchise to CBS Interactive.

So I got these pictures and a rant from my friend the Illiterate Scholar. He's the guy who does the Fire Emblem Retrospective. Says part 9 is coming soon. But what I want to share with you is that CBS now owns the rights to Fire Emblem.

qNzEh.jpg

kTsKk.jpg

Yeah that's right, the Illiterate Scholar got in trouble with copyright from CBS because of the Fire Emblem Awakening FMV video.

...I hope this is a joke. IS doesn't need to give up the series to someone else. If they don't think they're doing a good enough job with it, then they need to keep trying harder to step it up, not give up!

...I hope this is a joke. IS doesn't need to give up the series to someone else. If they don't think they're doing a good enough job with it, then they need to keep trying harder to step it up, not give up!

I dunno. Fallout improved quite a bit after Bethesda bought the rights to the series from Interplay/Black Isle Studios.

Maybe this is a good thing. Lot of Japanese game sequels just re-hash a lot. Maybe this will give the next FE a more modern flavor.

THEY ARE THE HARBINGER OF FIRE EMBLEM'S PERFECTION!

Edited by Harbinger

I dunno. Fallout improved quite a bit after Bethesda bought the rights to the series from Interplay/Black Isle Studios.

Maybe this is a good thing. Lot of Japanese game sequels just re-hash a lot. Maybe this will give the next FE a more modern flavor.

THEY ARE THE HARBINGER OF FIRE EMBLEM'S PERFECTION!

To my knowledge, the Nintendo companies rarely, if ever, sell the rights to their franchises. Also, IS isn't Interplay/Black Isle Studios. xP

Also, from what I know, CBS isn't even a gaming company. They're an old filming studio. I'm guessing they just owned the video, not the series.

Edited by Anacybele

And ATLUS sold SMT to Victor Entertainment.

YHogI.png

Guys this is a nonissue. Even if this isn't Youtube's content matching service being taken advantage of by third parties, it could very well be that some portion of either the audio of the video has input from, and hence some rights to, by other companies.

I find it highly doubtful, though.

It's a joke, but it's true that CBS claimed copyright on that video. You can see him rant about it on facebook. Since I have no clue how CBS work, here's a link to his facebook. The rant was posted yesterday. It's actually a rant about companies using sneaky tactics to take over other people's content and youtube not notifying the owner and not checking their facts. The video is 100% Fire Emblem. All of it came from the game.

http://www.facebook.com/DinosaurNewsCenter

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ

I posted a video and 4 different companies, all unrelated to the video, all claimed copyright through their bots the minute the video was posted. Funny this is, it was an extended version of a video with zero matches. This is a complete farce of an automated detection system for copyright and 100% BS. The best thing you can do is dispute the copyright claim and blast the company while you do it. My video went back to being ad-free by disputing the claim, with two of the companies dropping their copyright and the other two simply not responding to the claims dispute.

YouTube really ought to ditch this system...

If they do, they'll have lawsuits up the ass from all the other companies whose intellectual property is riding on that system.

I'm not saying I approve of the system, but considering how it just content ID matches and isn't BLOCKING your video... what's so bad about it?

If they do, they'll have lawsuits up the ass from all the other companies whose intellectual property is riding on that system.

I'm not saying I approve of the system, but considering how it just content ID matches and isn't BLOCKING your video... what's so bad about it?

Well, if you don't dispute the claim, you'll have ads on your video with the revenue going to a false copyright holder. I think that is a gross abuse of the system.

[spoiler=uh huh]copyrights.png

This video consists of literally nothing but footage of me playing Myth overlaid with audio of me talking. It doesn't even have game sound. I don't even beatbox at any point during the video.

but damn I hope this thread was just trolling by all of you

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

Well, if you don't dispute the claim, you'll have ads on your video with the revenue going to a false copyright holder. I think that is a gross abuse of the system.

Yup, that's exactly why he's pissed. I'd like him speak for himself, but he can't get his account to work here. Not that he even knows I made this post here. I think.

Or not, given that the lawyers quite clearly haven't SEEN this videos or else they wouldn't need this thing.

And they don't need it, not even a little. They have the manual copyright stuff for that shit.