all grandmaster play through =D

Dark Nocturne

so iv beaten the game a few times and decided that im gonna tackle lunatic mode with an all spotpass team and have them all be grandmasters, with a few minor exceptions of course, as in, a manditory healing unit and having my unit be a sorceress (for access to dark magic cuz i want at least 1 unit who can use it) now i do see the obvious downsides to this, suck as not having any unit with really great stats in a particular area, and a lack of lance or axe users, but i see this as a challenge i could possibly beat. (and if i cant ill try it on hard mode first) good part is since my team will be all made up of spotpass and other my units they usually have the skills of other classes already. well this should be fun! gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Good luck. Though actually, I can imagine using the same class for everyone getting a little bit boring. I like the idea of using Spotpass only, but I'd rather have them in whichever classes give them their original weapon sets.

I thought Grandmasters were immensely overpowered, anyway (or as far as I've heard; I don't actually have the game), what with their final skill being a ridiculous stat booster, so I shouldn't think you'll have too much trouble - at least in the last few chapters.

Are you going to make sure that your mandatory healing unit is a magic-or-sword-only class (a.k.a. Sage or Valkyrie), so that you're not using any axes or lances?

Good luck, you will need it. Though if you're going to use Staff-users for obvious reasons such as healing and whatnot, I have an idea for you to try.

14 Grandmasters

1 Battle Monk / Cleric

1 Valkyrie

1 Falcon Knight

1 Bride

1 Trickster

1 Sage

Make sure you're using Inverse, DLC Micaiah, and an Inverse-mothered Mark. Micaiah could be a Sage, therefore allowing for Staves, Tomes, and Dark Tomes. So long as Mark is mothered by Inverse, she can be a Grandmaster with access to Swords, Tomes, and Dark Tomes. Inverse is, unfortunately, no longer needed after that, though you could change her into a Dark Knight, give her Life Absorb, and a Nosferatu tome, and she can heal herself. (Too bad she doesn't get Weapon Saver XD)

Just something to think about.

EDIT: I only listed 20 units because I'm pretty sure that's all you're allotted for Spotpass characters. Not sure if it's less than that on maps, but hey, you'll find out.

Edited by Karaszure

Make sure you're using Inverse, DLC Micaiah, and an Inverse-mothered Mark.

You know that you can't get Inverse and therefore Inverse!Mark until the game is pretty much over, right? Mark will be gone for about 99% of the game...

This looks pretty interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on this play through

You must not have seen spotpass L'Arachel or Ashnard.

Personally, I don't plan on using either of them, so it doesn't bother me if their weapon sets no longer match their classes. However, Nephenee and Amelia, two of my favourites, kind of bug me in that although they can easily be Generals for lance-wielding, the Halberdier and Super Recruit classes are unavailable, so they'll be slow and sluggish unless I make them Brides, or Amelia a Paladin.

Personally, I don't plan on using either of them, so it doesn't bother me if their weapon sets no longer match their classes. However, Nephenee and Amelia, two of my favourites, kind of bug me in that although they can easily be Generals for lance-wielding, the Halberdier and Super Recruit classes are unavailable, so they'll be slow and sluggish unless I make them Brides, or Amelia a Paladin.

Amelia, yes, but not Nephenee: looking at base stats, her Spd is higher than her Str and equal to her Def. And odds are, it's her best growth.

Amelia, yes, but not Nephenee: looking at base stats, her Spd is higher than her Str and equal to her Def. And odds are, it's her best growth.

actually skill is her best growth, i used her in my last playthrough as a mercenary-hero strategist- grandmaster and skill capped very fast and her speed str and mag were all high 30s. she is still awsome lol

as for my grandmaster play-through, i believe ill start on hard mode first and im planning on having16 grandmasters(eventually) and 4 healers, most likely Valkyries as they have better mobility than sages, tho i may change 2 of them to falcon knights later, and maybe one trickster. found it waaay easier to use old my units if you add them to the unit list as soon as possible so they are relatively cheap. and to make it as easy as i can, im gonna try and put at least most of them through mercenary so they get weapon saver.

Edited by Dark Nocturne

actually skill is her best growth, i used her in my last playthrough as a mercenary-hero strategist- grandmaster and skill capped very fast and her speed str and mag were all high 30s. she is still awsome lol

as for my grandmaster play-through, i believe ill start on hard mode first and im planning on having16 grandmasters(eventually) and 4 healers, most likely Valkyries as they have better mobility than sages, tho i may change 2 of them to falcon knights later, and maybe one trickster. found it waaay easier to use old my units if you add them to the unit list as soon as possible so they are relatively cheap. and to make it as easy as i can, im gonna try and put at least most of them through mercenary so they get weapon saver.

Are these just the healers whom you're going to put through the mercenary line? I assume so, since I don't think it'd be fair to your challenge to class change your Strategists. :P

no i meant that im going to put as many of my spotpass units through mercenary as i can, not all of them as that'd be a huge amount of time grinding and thats not really fun for me. the only story units im using are krom and lucina with my unit as her mother so she can be a grandmaster too. so far im on chapter 7 and i was VERY lucky in that i got several change seals already, so my spotpass team is mostly strategists already

they consist of clea(gaiden) nephenee, athena, shakshar and salem

at chapter 12 now

oook so far its turning out good, got most of my units to strategists except malice who i dont have a change seal for yet. suprising turn of events is that nephenee is gaining mag way faster than str right now mag 20 str 16, which shocked me a little bit. i used 2 change seals on shakshar that i got from merchants to train him as a thief then got him back to strat cuz i needed at least 1 unit with lockpick for lvls with chests. clea is however becoming my best magic using unit (besides my unit: best stat mag worst stat str). so far so good!

im at chapter 14 now, and i got lucina from a krom mu pairing and turned her into a strat too. her krom and my unit are the only units from the story im using, and krom is the only unit who is not a grandmaster (thought id try him as a cavelier-archer-bowmaster)recruited sanaki this chapter, was pretty hard with er falkon knights but i used mu on a fortress with holsety lol.

and im sorry in not recording :( this is mostly a silly play through and i figured noone would wanna lol