DMC(Devil May Cry Reboot)

Gold Vanguard

Too bad it happens rather often. Look at Majora's Mask for instance.

Release date : WHERE'S MY OOT WAH

Few years later : OOT WHAT OOT

You mean "Nintendo is catering to The Casuals, we need to praise the least popular and least selling games, especially the ones of popular series, to show how Hardcore Nintendo was back in the day!"

Yeah, it's even more aggraviating when people started doing it with Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Also smart people know that Zelda has been sucking after Aonuma had become producer.

Edited by Ike-Mike

You mean "Nintendo is catering to The Casuals, we need to praise the least popular and least selling games, especially the ones of popular series, to show how Hardcore Nintendo was back in the day!"

Yeah, it's even more aggraviating when people started doing it with Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Also smart people know that Zelda has been sucking after Aonuma had become producer.

That's just your opinion don't try to class yourself up by making your opinion "smart" or classifying it as such. It makes you look arrogant

Actually that's what DMC2 is shaping up to be, now that Capcpom is acknowledging it by including it in the HD collection.

I don't like this trend with "a once hated game is suddenly the hottest shit" anyway...

They are including it because it was part of the series, that is all.

Other than very close friends I have never met a single person online that found the game worthwhile aside from me. I'm honestly surprised.

I love how Ninja Theory looked at DmC and thought "It needs to be more serious cause what DmC needs is a grit", then proceeds to make it obnoxious in a not funny way. But hey, no one plays DmC for story anyways, so if the gameplay is good...Yeah, that I bet's gong to be terrible too, cause as far as I know, Ninja Theory's only made things that bombed.

I mean, I guess kudos kinda to stage design, but it sure is wrapped in a really ugly-ass package. Ignoring it's title and series, this game is unappealing anyways. Like I don't care to play the role of a disheveled cracker in a wife beater because "he's not a media whore". I don't care about his Captain America look-alike supposed twin. I don't care about "female that spurs male hero into action".

It's never made something as awesome as devil slaying appear so generic.

I watched a video of one of the bosses, and I was pretty unimpressed. The basic idea of the fight seemed neat (grappling around to avoid the bosses more dangerous attacks) but I just hated the back and forth dialogue, and the actual Dante VS Boss parts seemed kinda lame. Also, the city setting makes me think of DMC2 (even if it is more modern'y).

However, I'll pay more attention to the gameplay when it comes out, and maybe even get it at some point if it looks fun. I can always mute the game or something.

We all liked DMC because the series knew its own story was a giant sack of poo and so it just had fun with the whole thing

In terms of the overall story, ya, it sucked, but I still thought that certain moments in the game were pretty awesome. I mean, I love some of those quotes...

"A man with guts and honor...it's too bad you serve Mundus."

"[blah blah blah] fitting that it will end in the same way."

And of course.

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIGHT!!!!

[/i] I don't get how DMC1 was so great. >_>

It was rather dull combat wise. >___>

Although I never got very good at the game so that may be why. >_____>

I dunno how to explain it...I personally like that it's a little longer to switch weapons unless you use the menu. I didn't feel like I had to memorize a list of combos in order to have fun with the enemies. It might have been interesting if the enemies had intermingled a little more, though (maybe they do later on, but in my experience, while you might see 3 shadows or 3 frosts, you're not gonna see a shadow and a frost together). Shadows are probably one of my favorite video game enemies, by the by.

Edited by L1049