Salutations, Serenites!

Mr. Sinister

Hello folks! I've lurked on these forums for a long time, but I decided this morning that it was time to finally get a proper profile and introduce myself. So, uh, hi. :D

It's possible that you might know me already, if only because I'm an indie game developer who's released a few turn-based fantasy tactics titles before. If you're super curious to know more about me for whatever reason, I posted in the "Your Profile" thread over here.

Aside from the fact that I love playing Fire Emblem games, I'm deeply interested in game mechanics and design, and I find myself consistently impressed with the depth and elegance of the design in Fire Emblem titles. I'm also quite impressed by the scrappy ROM hacking community here. I'm hoping I can learn some useful stuff by talking to some of you guys. :)

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Thanks, Macho! Not yet, but I've been itching to try Geneology of the Holy War. I just haven't found any ROMs with a complete English translation yet.

Bolded: They don't come prepatched. If you have the unpatched, original ROM (don't ask where you can get one), just go get the translation patch from the Serenes Forest mainsite and apply it to the ROM using LunarIPS. Also, the FE4 ROM must have a header (google this stuff if you really want to know, although I can't fathom why anyone would want a header on an SNES ROM).

Also, welcome.

Edited by BLS

Hey guys!

While you probably didn't intend to, your username got this song stuck in my head

Ha! Nice; I'd never heard that song before.

One of my interests has always been game design. How is the business treating you anyways?

I love game design! It's amazing fun, and even though it can be brutally hard at times, it's also intensely satisfying. Telepath Tactics, in particular, has been a real joy to develop. I'm dying to get it out the door so people can start playing it and developing their own custom campaigns.

Bolded: They don't come prepatched. If you have the unpatched, original ROM (don't ask where you can get one), just go get the translation patch from the Serenes Forest mainsite and apply it to the ROM using LunarIPS. Also, the FE4 ROM must have a header (google this stuff if you really want to know, although I can't fathom why anyone would want a header on an SNES ROM).

Also, welcome, try drafting and SNES FEs.

Something was bugging me about this, so I went back and checked: some months ago, I actually did do all of that stuff, and actually did start playing Genealogy of the Holy War. I remember beating the first battle, and then something or other made me stop. I think it was that I ran across some weird GUI bugs, then checked and saw that the translation wasn't finished (it still isn't, according to this page).

I usually enjoy the writing in Fire Emblem games, and I think I decided that I'd rather wait for that completion marker to hit 100% before continuing. That's just off the top of my head. If you think it won't ruin my enjoyment to go in with the translation not quite finished, though, I can always give it another go!

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Mr. Sinister