[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

I have to say, Garion is like a good mix of Geese and Gonzales. Good Strength, skill and fair speed. Definitely going to be my go to when it comes to axe attacks. And as far as Menmus is concerned, I'm pretty pleased. Menmus doesnt have to be fast, as long as he got defense and attack, he can definitely pull his own weight, you also got to consider the Canto ability units have in this hack. Dont go askin' for too much as far as those units are concerned. I say canto on fliers and horseback unit can justify certain stats being mediocre such as speed. I certainly ain't complaining. Props to you Alfred. Bringing back FE9 and FE10 spirit into the game.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I just scripted his animation wrong. I'll fix it and the other animations that need fixing soon.

You made a new pupil animation? Why? It looks identical to the normal one.

Edited by Brendor the Barbarian

WTF @ Rya saying Christoph is not memorable towards the very end. He's 10x more memorable than you, Rya. XD

But Rya is so cool aha , she's like that strong silent type and her eyes are sooo cool o.o

Welp. After some difficulty of NOT overusing Hellios, I killed Tirado on the VERY last turn. Cattleya showed up and sounded the retreat after enemy phase ended, and I still got her. She didn't even say her joining battle phrases. Also, still loling at the forced misses with 100 hit ratio

Also, didn't you buff Cattleya's SPD/SKL? All you gave her was a sword with the bonus, you didn't adjust her number in nightmare.

I'm dumb

Edit: Oh!

I always wondered why chapter 3 had 7 available slots but only 8 characters.

You crafty bastard, this entire thing was planned?

Edited by Fateborn

Did all the endings and I am impressed with the detail.

[spoiler=Read at your own risk.]Ending 1: The Trio all live: Menmus joins and Tirado and Cattleya discuss how they are all fools.

Ending 2: All Corporals Dead: As it states.

Ending 3: Tirado and Menmus die but Cattleya Lives: Cattleya challenges Faratrass and gets killed in battle.

Ending 4: Cattleya and Tirado die but Menmus lives: Menmus will join.

I got the rest with screenshots too, but kind of difficult to post.

Any chance of version 1.3 or something containing some support conversations?

MODEDIT: Don't double post, yo!

Edited by eclipse

That's intended. She's also bulkier than any other Myrmidon, check the growth rates of myrmidons. ;o

She's slightly slower (she'll cap 20 Spd most of the times anyway) but she has bulk. And that kinda suits one of the classes she can promote into (Spellfencer).

How did I manage to miss this.

I am correct to assume this new class will replace the Assassin branch?

Wonder Pupil - Pupil on drugs

Q: Is that confirmed to be anything similar to afa drop (not sure if correct name) to increase overall stats growth or even growth for seperate stats?

^ Rainbow use spoiler tags, please.

Also, that's inaccurate.

[spoiler=chapter 2 recruitments]Menmus must be alive too for Cattleya to be recruited.

And you can also recruit Menmus in a cutscene if he survives chapter 2.

So basically, if you have both Cattleya and Menmus as enemies roaming the map at the end of the chapter, you'll get both.

I have to say, Garion is like a good mix of Geese and Gonzales. Good Strength, skill and fair speed. Definitely going to be my go to when it comes to axe attacks. And as far as Menmus is concerned, I'm pretty pleased. Menmus doesnt have to be fast, as long as he got defense and attack, he can definitely pull his own weight, you also got to consider the Canto ability units have in this hack. Dont go askin' for too much as far as those units are concerned. I say canto on fliers and horseback unit can justify certain stats being mediocre such as speed. I certainly ain't complaining. Props to you Alfred. Bringing back FE9 and FE10 spirit into the game.

Did all the endings and I am impressed with the detail.
[spoiler=Read at your own risk.]Ending 1: The Trio all live: Menmus joins and Tirado and Cattleya discuss how they are all fools.
Ending 2: All Corporals Dead: As it states.
Ending 3: Tirado and Menmus die but Cattleya Lives: Cattleya challenges Faratrass and gets killed in battle.
Ending 4: Cattleya and Tirado die but Menmus lives: Menmus will join.
I got the rest with screenshots too, but kind of difficult to post.

Any chance of version 1.3 or something containing some support conversations?

MODEDIT: Don't double post, yo!

Ok so for some reason in patch V1.2 I get a game over if i get into any sort of battle with the enemy...in ch 8.

Yo, I'm glad you like the Canto ability~ It's been there since the very first version of the hack back in 2012, I really like it too.

Thanks for the compliments and congrats on finding all the endings in chapter 2!

No, support conversations won't be available for a while. They'll be included in v.2.0. Perhaps.

...What did you say? Chapter 8 glitched? Aww geez. I fear it's a side-effect of the events I used to block access to skirmishes.

...........And I hope it's reversible, otherwise you'd have to play through the hack again. >_>" (or at least, from 5x onward)

Oh. Huh looks the same to me, oh well.

Alfred you need help scripting?

You meant the normal Pupil animation, not the Wonder Pupil animation, right?

Indeed I scripted it. Back in 2013 I didn't know how to change the basic palettes of animations, so I scripted it again with the new palette.

...Yeah, that's dumb.

I just kept that animation then, and while I was at it, I created the Wonder Pupil animation.

Sure, but not now. I'll let you know if I need any help.

Alfred, do you mind posting little descriptions of the new classes in this game? Spellfencer sounds awesome :D

I'll do that in the next days!

I plan to showcase my new promotions system anytime soon.

also because I need a ton of animations

Welp. After some difficulty of NOT overusing Hellios, I killed Tirado on the VERY last turn. Cattleya showed up and sounded the retreat after enemy phase ended, and I still got her. She didn't even say her joining battle phrases. Also, still loling at the forced misses with 100 hit ratio

Also, didn't you buff Cattleya's SPD/SKL? All you gave her was a sword with the bonus, you didn't adjust her number in nightmare.

I'm dumb

Edit: Oh!

I always wondered why chapter 3 had 7 available slots but only 8 characters.

You crafty bastard, this entire thing was planned?

How did I manage to miss this.

I am correct to assume this new class will replace the Assassin branch?

Bahaha of course it was intended!

And yup, you're right. Cattleya will promote into a Swordmaster or a Spellfencer.

Wonder Pupil - Pupil on drugs

Q: Is that confirmed to be anything similar to afa drop (not sure if correct name) to increase overall stats growth or even growth for seperate stats?

Yes, there'll be an Afa's Drop-like item later in the hack.

...What did you say? Chapter 8 glitched? Aww geez. I fear it's a side-effect of the events I used to block access to skirmishes.

...........And I hope it's reversible, otherwise you'd have to play through the hack again. >_>" (or at least, from 5x onward)

Yeah, fighting any foe in that chapter now results in a insta gameover. This wasn't in the previous patch, I could finish the chapter, but for some reason I can't now due to being unable to engage the enemy in combat. As far as that latter thing is concerned, I hope savestates can circumvent tha possible downside, but I digress, Thats what happened last night.

Edited by ScumbagJade

Yeah, fighting any foe in that chapter now results in a insta gameover. This wasn't in the previous patch, I could finish the chapter, but for some reason I can't now due to being unable to engage the enemy in combat. As far as that latter thing is concerned, I hope savestates can circumvent tha possible downside, but I digress, Thats what happened last night.

Could you please send me your save via PM? Thanks.

1. Put your mouse over Alfred Kamon's name.

2. Click Send Message.

3. Click Use Full Editor.

Lemme know if you need more help, though I'm gonna be gone for a while.