No Magic

Ziose0

I know I haven't been active in....(idk how long :|) ...but while I've been in college I've still drafted my scripts for both Bonds of Time and Tales of Artrucia. For the latter, although I don't really want to spoil it, I've decided there will be no tomes or magic. Instead, I'm replacing them with magical weapons, that just deal magic damage. Things have been fine for the most part...until I tried to make several things...most importantly a cure sword...a sword with heal on it. I've messed around with it a few times but still to no avail. Is it possible to put staff effects on a weapon? or an item at the least??

you either need to A) do some major ASM hacking or B) replace the staves

it's hardcoded and it's nothing that could be done easily or I'd have already done it inb4 a pro comes in and says it's easy because they already have experience with ASM etc. and know exactly what they're doing

In the future I'd definitely contemplate whether your ideas are possible or not before being sure you're going to do them just so that you don't have your plans ruined--though it IS a good thing that you tried to do it yourself before asking (I'm just saying like, if your game revolves around this gameplay change, and it becomes impossible, then that's an issue).

Ahh yeah I thought so. No I can make due without, I just thought it'd be cool to add in some extra stuff like an item that does hammerne for you, or a weapon that can cure or cause sleep or so. But thanks anyways ^_^. I'm probably still going to play around with it a bit, so if I figure out a temporary solution or a way around it, I'll be sure to post it here.

Oh? where is said patch? That would actually be wonderful if I can get my hands on it ^_^. And so wait, there's sleep silence and beserk weapons then? That would be great.

Nevermind found it. Sorry got lazy ._______. I'll test it out

Edited by Wicked Witch of the East

Oh? where is said patch? That would actually be wonderful if I can get my hands on it ^_^. And so wait, there's sleep silence and beserk weapons then? That would be great.

Nevermind found it. Sorry got lazy ._______. I'll test it out

Please try to refrain from double posting. :)

wait how/why do you have a social life

~magic~

Don't get off-topic dearies. Not the place to ask Cam about his social life.

I apologize, wasn't sure if to post again or just delete the previous post .___. But uh...

1. can't find a program to patch the .dmp file :/

2. So I've managed to change the heal staff into what I want to an extent, but it changed my myrmidon's weapon masteries to magic ones, and now they won't attack like normal. Does magic weapon types always take priority over physical ones or is there some way to fix that?

I found the patch, i forgot to post it here. But yeah it was like the weird ranged attack with no animation. But yeah that's all fine now. I've pretty much figured it all out how it's gonna work except one thing: can you change the images over the weapon types? like where it shows your weapon mastery, can you change let's say the staff image to a sword image?