How can I make enemys drop items?

Jamesiluce

You need to use the character editor. There is a "last item droppable" option under character ability 4. If you want to have it dropped by a generic enemy and not a boss, then you need to use a custom character with the same army name as the others and then apply it to the desired random grunt in the chapter unit editor.

Along with the Nightmare method that GreatEclipse already suggested you, you can use Events to do so.

For example, a character of my hack is like this:

UNIT 0x4B 0x2D 0x00 Level(3,Enemy,False) [00,05] DropItem 0x00 0x01 Enemy_Move [0x45,0x00,0x00,0x00] [0x00,0x03,0x09,0x00]

See that "DropItem" there? Here you go.

You need to use the character editor. There is a "last item droppable" option under character ability 4. If you want to have it dropped by a generic enemy and not a boss, then you need to use a custom character with the same army name as the others and then apply it to the desired random grunt in the chapter unit editor.

But the chapter unit editor doesn't show the units from the new map just the originals.

Along with the Nightmare method that GreatEclipse already suggested you, you can use Events to do so.

For example, a character of my hack is like this:

UNIT 0x4B 0x2D 0x00 Level(3,Enemy,False) [00,05] DropItem 0x00 0x01 Enemy_Move [0x45,0x00,0x00,0x00] [0x00,0x03,0x09,0x00]

See that "DropItem" there? Here you go.

Ok so where do I put it in this one?

UNIT Bern Mage Trigger Level(4,Enemy,True) [8,4] [8,4] [Fire] [0x00, 0x03, 0x09, 0x00]

I'm sorry guys I think I'm reading the explainations wrong or something because I still don't understand it. So I have to use a unit that drops a weapon in the CUE in my events? Is that right?

No, go to the Character Editor and change the Character Ability 4 to "0x80 Last item droppable". Then remember which character ID you put that on. When you load units in the game, load that character. I have mine labelled stuff like "Etruria" and "EtruriaDrop".

Okies Thank you everyone for your help. Special thanks to Agro for explaining it to where I got it figured out. Another kinda related question tho. In my events I label my enemy units as Bandit most of the time. Does the game pick a random character for bandits because there are alot of different ones. Or is it reading just one bandit character over and over?

Labels don't work like that in EA. If you are talking about Character ID's, EA can only use one Character ID named Bandit, which is 0x3E.

so if I make a definition for 0x67 which is another bandit in the character module so that its BanditDrop or something and thats the units that can drop items and make a unit:

UNIT BanditDrop Brigand Batta Level(1,Enemy,False) [ironAxe] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

then it will be the only unit to drop an item? I'm not sure I'm saying that right since I'm still learning the terminology but I think you can understand what I meant to say.

Yes, as long as that unit is the only 0x67 that you loaded (all other bandits are 0x3E, for instance), then it will be the only character on the map who can drop items.