[Nintendo Direct] First look at English localisation

VincentASM

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't expect too much from NOE. It's clear they changed the names solely to reflect Brawl.

For their Akaneia and Shiida changes, sure, but "Nabarl" isn't what Brawl went with for the character (not that I'm complaining, seriously I'd be even more worried about NoE than I am now if they had gone with Brawl's "Nabaaru").

Yeah, I'm glad they didn't use something silly like Nabaaru. Nabarl is close enough to Nabaaru though.

There's also Doluna too. That's three names that were changed to exactly match Brawl's names and another that is very similar.

Although, there are other name changes that don't fit the pattern (like Macedon to Medon, perhaps to distinguish from a real life country), but I'm sure the pattern wasn't a coincidence.

Although, there are other name changes that don't fit the pattern (like Macedon to Medon, perhaps to distinguish from a real life country)

They most certainly intentionally change names away from actual locations. After all, that would be consistent with their past localizations. Remember, how they changed Bern to Biran?

So, are you going to change the names in the FE13 section to match the localisation?

Of course! Since FE8, I've been covering all the FEs from their Japanese announcements and they've all got their English names now.

If you meant when, when the game comes out, naturally.

The only problem I had with that was they weren't consistent through the game from the actual story dialogue, to the world map events. It was confusing.

I didn't even notice that "Biran" was a PAL-exclusive name difference for years; until a year or two ago, I somehow ended up just assuming that Biran was the country name and Bern was its capital or something to try and assign consistency to those inconsistencies. :P

Edited by Rhinocerocket