Should I get an Xbox 360 or a Wii U?

Gold Vanguard

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get?

If you have to pick one at this point, I'd prioritize the 360.

My standard practice with new consoles is to wait for a library to be established, if not a price drop. If your friends are playing a lot of stuff on XBL that you're interested in joining in on, and there's definitely a ton of stuff to be played, I'd have to say the 360 looks like the safe bet. [grumbling about paying for Live redacted]

The wii-u has some interesting things lined up, but I'd only recommend buying it, instead of something with a full library of games that a ton of people are playing, if you know you're really excited for what games have been shown so far.

Basically, I'd evaluate the decision of console-buying based on what gets you the largest number of things you're looking forward to playing, hopefully for the most efficient expenditure of dollars. If you're kinda stiff on cash, and/or if this'll be the only console you buy for a good while, I'd be extra sure to factor in what each purchase will be "giving up," so to speak.

gee thanks for making my post but better seph

Edited by Rehab

As if we'd know what you'd have more fun with.

...What on the Wii U is that good?

Well I'm a type of guy who enjoy games with 2 or more player in it. Games on the Wii U that I want to play are

New Super Mario Bros U

The New Smash Bros on The Wii U

Some other games coming out.

"You like playing online with friends" doesn't tell anyone much about what type of games you want to play :P. 360 isn't a very diverse console compared to the other two this generation, and Wii U's launch line up is one of the worst I've ever seen.

If you want diversity in the titles on the console you buy, 360 is going to be better for a while since Wii U is a new console. But I still wouldn't recommend a 360 to anyone unless they had a few specific games in mind that they really wanted.

If everything else were equal, I'd recommend the PS3, warts and all, before I'd recommend the 360 (warts and all), myself, but if his friends are on the 360, and if playing with friends is the most valuable thing to him in making the purchase, I couldn't quite recommend the PS3 unless his friends also had both and just played on XBL more.

I really want to say Wii U. But it's going to be terrible, the console's whole concept deviates completely from what made the Wii successful to what made N64and the 3DS fail(it could even bankrupt Nintendo, they aren't as solid as they used to be). Also Xbox has been around for some time, it has more options of games(especially the racing/sports genre), and it is cheaper.

The only reason you should even think of buying Wii U is FE(or SSB4), and who knows when these games will be released.