idea for removing some of the luck in battles

Instead of hit being luck based perhaps it could factor into damage in that

Say

89 hit

20 damage

15 crit

Where the hit becomes 0.89*20 for damage

And the 15 crit becomes 0.89*20*1.15

Not sure how that would affect gameplay but it would make axe users with high str and low skl still useful and would help fix the fact that the skill stat doesnt get much love.

Advance Wars still has a random element: units can randomly deal between 0 and X/100 extra damage on an attack (where X is the HP of the attacking unit). So in theory, if you were very lucky, you could take down a Megatank with 10 full HP infantries even though they have a displayed damage of 0%.

Advance Wars still has a random element: units can randomly deal between 0 and X/100 extra damage on an attack (where X is the HP of the attacking unit). So in theory, if you were very lucky, you could take down a Megatank with 10 full HP infantries even though they have a displayed damage of 0%.

Wow...I didn't even know that AW had tinking. I always wondered though. Thanks dude. I'm gonna go see if I can pay it forward.

Yeah, I knew there was at least enough of a random element that a 95% had could either completely blow up a unit or leave it alive/on its last legs, but didn't quite know that whole bit, thanks.

Yeah, I knew there was at least enough of a random element that a 95% had could either completely blow up a unit or leave it alive/on its last legs, but didn't quite know that whole bit, thanks.

And your post is still excellent as far as random elements go, insofar as if cheetah hasn't played AW, he now has a reason to at least consider playing it.