I want to S-Rank HHM while playing ALL Chapters & Recruiting all characters...

DarkBladeSeth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completed chapter 20 just now

- Played all the chapters so far, including 19xx

- The only thing I missed is the red gem from ch17 (Got a Mine instead)

I think this is a good moment to stop a bit and recap

[spoiler="Characters' stats]statslw.png

[spoiler=Turncount]turns.png

[spoiler=Ranks]ranksce.png

Some question:

1) I have a lot of "damaged" weapons (Ex: Iron Swords with 6 uses left): Should I sell them and use the gold to buy brand-new weapons, or use them until they break?

2) Which characters are the best "Arena abusers" in your opinion?

3) Should I aim for Kenneth or Jerme? Kenneth looks easier/faster, but many told me that recruiting Harken is harder there...

4) Do you have any general suggestion for me?

1. Use them until they break. Better deal on your money.

2. Geitz in FFO is a great one. Karla when you recruit her. Any pre-promoted unit, really.

3. Jerme's got a nightmare map. If you enjoy splitting your team, go to him. I prefer Kenneth's map personally because I rush a Brave Axe Marcus to that Purge Bishop.

4. Watch your experience rank. Careful in NoF, I fielded more promoted units than I wanted to but I needed the power.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, need a quick suggestion

I managed to complete chapter 23, unlocking 23x and getting all the treasures...in 11 turns

Should I re-do the chapter and aim for a lower turncount?

Hmm. It depends on how many turns you've spent so far.

If your Tactics ranking is any less than 5 stars, I think you're past the point where every turn counts, so I'd restart.

For what it's worth, I'm at chapter 23x with 5 stars in Tactics, having completed chapter 23 in 8 turns, and I'm 6 turns "above" the 5-star requirement. I wouldn't have minded taking three extra turns in chapter 23 and being only three turns "above" the 5-star requirement.

Maybe you could explain the silver card usage to me. How is this suppose to solve your money issues? Any gold received from selling and buying items is no net gain or loss on funds with Silver Card usage. Its only when you get gold from the Kinship Bond Chest or 5000 from 13x village that you can double the money earned. This and arena. But, with turn rank to consider how many turns can you get out of arena?

Edited by Erika the Explosive One

I've seen a video of Ch 23x completed in 6 turns

I think 14 is the number of turns I want to use

About the Silver card...

Let's suppose you buy a Lockpick (Worth 1200 gold)

If you buy it without the silver card, you buy it for 1200 gold, and so you spend 1200 for an item worth 1200 (No gain, no loss)

If you buy it with the silver card, you buy it for 600 gold, and so you spend 600 for an item worth 1200 (You "Gain" 600 gold)

Edited by DarkBladeSeth

Okay, good I got the idea right. But that is why I thought it wouldn't get you much money. Hector mode starts with zero gold. So you never have any gold to buy items with the silver card. If you sell items to get gold in the first place, you took a loss on funds. If you use that gold you got from selling items with the silver card, you go back to neutral on funds. No gain yet. Its only on arena or getting gold from the village 5000 or kinship bond 10000 that you get gold. So, that's only 30k in funds at the very least possible. That doesn't seem much to me and I was wondering how much more can you possibly get in funds form arena with trying to get S ranked, then turns are factor to consider.

I think it's almost impossible to complete an HHM S-Rank run without selling some gem to get money (At least the first one you get in Ch 11)

If you manage to spare some free turn, you can easily use arena to get gold, and sometimes you get money to spend as a freebie (Ch 31x comes to mind)

Edited by DarkBladeSeth

But, with turn rank to consider how many turns can you get out of arena?

Most of your money will probably be from arena battles, it's true; but every chapter with an arena enables some use without hurting your Tactics ranking: Chapter 17x has a 5-star Tactics requirement of 10 turns, and you can reach the arena by turn 6; chapter 21 has a 5-star Tactics requirement of 9, and you can reach the arena by turn 3; chapter 24 (Lloyd) has a 5-star Tactics requirement of 11, and I think you can reach the arena by turn 2; chapter 24 (Linus) has a 5-star Tactics requirement of 22, and you can reach the arena by turn 7 or 8.

You can get more money out of the arena than you might think; it is quite possible, for example, to have two people fighting in the arena each turn for four turns, with a wager of 750 gold for each fight, in chapter 17x. That's 6,000 gold gained in chapter 17x alone.

By the time you get to chapter 21, you have Ninian, so the same two people can now have a total of up to three fights in the arena each turn for six turns; with the same stakes as before, this would give you 13,500 gold.

And you could probably recruit Farina twice with your winnings from chapter 24 (Linus).

I forgot about 30k late game. Okay, that's... that's quite the hefty amount of funds then. 90000k from gold gotten from events, then probably like 60k(?) from arena total game.

Edited by Erika the Explosive One

If you're referring to the Funds rank, that takes into account not only how much money you have, but the buying value of all of your items as well.

And since the Silver Card enables you to buy items for half of their buying value... Let's take an Iron Sword, for example: Its buying value is 460 gold, so you can use the Silver Card to buy it for 230 gold.

Your funds rank just increased by 230 gold.

This is also why selling gems is bad for your Funds rank; you can only sell them for half of their buying value.

Edited by Paper Jam

Chapter 23x completed in 18 turns :-)

I'd be tempted to re-do it because I could have completed it in less turns if Hawkeye dodged a berserker staff, but I feel 18 it's still a good number...right? ;-)

P.s: Do you think that Heath is a good candidate for the Afa's drops? He is level 9, and he feel he might benefit from the increased growths

Edited by DarkBladeSeth

Since no one replied, I gave the Afa's drops to Heath xD (I don't get why many hate him. HM bonuses, flies, hits like a truck)

I'll soon start Ch 25 with a 7-turn lead on the 5-star Tactics requirement, and 20000 gold to get Farina, the flying bitch.

And now, a question about the Exp rank

I gained 230 levels so far, and IIRC you need 404 levels to get a 5-Star rank in experience

My question is: At which point of the game I can stop fielding shitty units and start focusing on my end-game team? I'm spreading the exp as much as I can (No unit is below level 10, and I only promoted Serra so far), but I fear later chapters like "Battle before dawn" and "Cog of destiny" will kick my ass if I don't have some well-trained unit..not to mention the last chapter itself

Edited by DarkBladeSeth

• 1 month later...

Some quick questions: I'm at Battle Before Dawn (Ch 28)

1) I'd like to promote both Kent & Heath, even if they are level 18...It would somehow damage my run?

2) Aside from the Earth seal from the druid, is there something else that I should steal?

3) When does Ursula start moving?

Edited by DarkBladeSeth

• 2 months later...

Quick update (In case someone is interested)

- I reached Ch31 with a 6 turn lead on the 5-star tactics rank and ~ 350 levels worth of exp

- Every rank is 5 stars except Funds (Dropped to 4 when I gave the boots to Hector >_<), but it should be fine since I don't plan to promote anyone else (Promoted units so far: Kent - Serra - Bartre - Priscilla - Heath) and Ch 31x is a gold mine

Now, a question: Selling items with less than 100% uses and buying brand-new weapons with the Silver card does not damage my funds rank, right? 'cause I plan to sell almost every "normal" weapon in ch31x

P.s: I know it's OT, but Fire Emblem awakening is awesome ;-)

Edited by DarkBladeSeth

Im pretty sure you want to never sell anything since items in your inventory are always worth 2x the cash value that you get for selling them.

Just give stuff to your benched units so your convoy doesn't get too full. Dont sell.

I'm pretty sure that using the Silver Card to buy another Fell Contract or Ocean Seal in Chapter 32 should take care of your Funds issues, without causing the sort of inventory issues that you might get from buying a whole bunch of less expensive items. And you should have more than enough gold to do that.

Assuming that you have the Member Card, of course.

Edited by Paper Jam

• 3 months later...

Posting just to let you know that I did it guys :-)

Played all the chapters and recruited all the characters

elgr.png

If you are interested, you can find the videos of me playing all the chapters here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv7giLGpGMginQjVcDPz20ayivD3iuF7L

P.s: Is this the first FULLY RECORDED ranked run uploaded to Youtube? I've seen many S-Rank videos, but no full run so far...