DesMuME Optimization for Slower PCs

So I tried to play the game on my PC and it was kinda laggy but still playable. I read DesMuME was CPU intensive so I'm hoping not having dedicated video memory isn't a problem. I messed around with some settings but I couldn't really make it any faster. I've never used a DS emulator before, and was wondering if there was a faster one out there or if anyone has some tips for optimizing it for a slower PC. Also it's a lappy so dropping a faster CPU in is out of the question. Anyway my specs are:

Intel 4100 1.6ghz Dual core CPU

2 Gig of ram

No dedicated GPU

Windows 7

Thanks in advance!

If your computer can't handle Desmume, I suggest trying No$GBA.

You'll need to change the backup media type (options -> emulation setup) to Flash 512kb though, since it doesn't auto-detect the save type. (Don't forget to click options -> save options when you're done.)

Desmume isn't very computer intensive compared to... well, actually computer intensive stuff, no offense, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but if your computer can't handle it, do close your programs, plug your computer in, maybe set the program priority to high, and take a crack at it again.

Desmume isn't very computer intensive compared to... well, actually computer intensive stuff, no offense, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but if your computer can't handle it, do close your programs, plug your computer in, maybe set the program priority to high, and take a crack at it again.

He's using a low-end laptop, dude.

Well I tried no$gba and the other stuff I had already done, but thanks anyway. I guess I'll and play it after I get new lappy or maybe pickup a ds lite+flashcart.

If you can't run No$, then indeed.

Build a gaming rig