Nintendo Direct event tomorrow morning (Dec. 5)

Klytus

Nintendo has announced the North American Nintendo Direct will happen tomorrow at 9am PST, specifically to announce "more info on upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games." Think we'll finally get a U.S. release date on Fire Emblem: Awakening? Aside from Luigi's Mansion 2 and the new Castlevania game, I don't think they have many other big ticket 3DS games to talk about.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be very nice if we got a release date.

I also wonder if we'll finally hear about Monolift Soft's new Wii U game? I know Iwata said he'd talk about it "soon" or "next time" or something. Though, I'm not expecting much, especially when they talk about discussing "upcoming" titles; they're usually very reserved.

More information on Fire Emblem: Awakening (especially the release date) is needed! There is also Etrian Odyssey IV, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in the list of upcoming games too so there are plenty of good games to be covered for tomorrow's Nintendo Direct smile.gif And personally, and almost desperately, I hope NOA will localise Bravely Default too.....

More information on Fire Emblem: Awakening (especially the release date) is needed! There is also Etrian Odyssey IV, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in the list of upcoming games too so there are plenty of good games to be covered for tomorrow's Nintendo Direct smile.gif And personally, and almost desperately, I hope NOA will localise Bravely Default too.....

Bravely Default is a distinct possibility, as Square-Enix has registered an "All the Bravest" trademark and domains. Seems a likely match (for a game that would never be called "Bravely Default" in the U.S.), but whether that's it and whether it's just for Europe, if so, are up for speculation.

Edited by Klytus

*shrieks in joy*

Really?! Another Nintendo Direct already? I thought the last one was, like, one month ago or something. (I consider late October as "one month ago." Well, give or take a week...)

Anyway, don't they have other 3DS games to talk about? Like... Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, and Luigi's Mansion...? And isn't it still a bit too early for the actual release date?

Maybe they'll just give us some updates and say, "It'll be coming out around this time... or that time... or whatever time..."

Eh, I don't really care... Actually, I do care. I care a lot. If they actually give us the release date, I'm going to die from the sheer amount of joy that news would bring... literally.

Well, fine I wouldn't. (How else would I get to play Fire Emblem: Awakening?! XD)

Yeah, I hope for the best...

Bravely Default is a distinct possibility, as Square-Enix has registered an "All the Bravest" trademark and domains. Seems a likely match (for a game that would never be called "Bravely Default" in the U.S.), but whether that's it and whether it's just for Europe, if so, are up for speculation.

All the Bravest sounds kind of... weird, haha. But if it is any sure sign that SE will finally bring Bravely Default to the West, I'm all up for it, name change and all. *fingers crossed* biggrin.gif

I think my big ticket game would be Awakening (especially if we hear more of the voice acting) or Luigi's Mansion. Animal Crossing is pretty similar each time, and as much as I love MH3, I know what's in there from the internet.

All the Bravest sounds kind of... weird, haha. But if it is any sure sign that SE will finally bring Bravely Default to the West, I'm all up for it, name change and all. *fingers crossed* biggrin.gif

The game's original name is Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.

There's also the distinct possibility of a localization of Project X Zone since Katsuhiro Harada is continuing to push for a localization.

But anyways, as long as I get a release date for Awakening, I'll be happy.

Fingers crossed for a release date~

I'd like to at least see some more english footage. I'll be in school, so I can't watch it live, but I can probably get on right after it is over. (during school lunch)

Though, my school blocks this site so I'll have to google around, lol

Edited by L95

I'm guessing we might see a release date coming on. They do have other games to talk about, such as animal crossing or new announcements. It might actually be the same thing as the actual US announcement where they talk about it afterwards, as it isn't as important to them.

I'm expecting information on the Wii U 'launch window' titles (e.g. Pikmin 3) and their dates, as well as release information for Brain Age 3 and Luigi's Mansion. Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem might get mentioned, but I think they'll probably save the dates for the next episode. If either of them are releasing in March, we might get one of them dated, but I doubt both.

I don't expect too many truly 'new' games from the event (that we haven't seen before), but if they clear out their current roster of releases they'd have to announce something sooner or later.

It would be very nice if we got a release date.

I also wonder if we'll finally hear about Monolift Soft's new Wii U game? I know Iwata said he'd talk about it "soon" or "next time" or something. Though, I'm not expecting much, especially when they talk about discussing "upcoming" titles; they're usually very reserved.

Oh, how I'd love to hear more on the mysteries of Monolith's present doings. However, I think that'll probably be announced for Japan first, and I don't think they've had a Nintendo Direct confirmed yet. Even if they did, the game probably wouldn't be announced here until, like, 2023 2014-ish..

I'm think it'll be coming on January 25th, according to a rumor in IGN. I WANT THAT DS.

Edited by astra knight

If that is true I will be very excited. Though I'm personally very doubtful of a January release. (Link to the article--> http://gonintendo.co...tory&id=192226) -puts grains of salt everywhere-

Adding my grains to the pile and it was for this sentence. I'd have been a little more inclined to believe it, had it not been for this.

– Fire Emblem is projected to show up around January in the US with the Japanese Blue Special Edition to go on sale with it.

Not going to lie though. I'd jump on the offer. The Awakening Blue 3DS is a nice sight to the eyes.

Edited by The Pale Shadow

Aside from Luigi's Mansion 2 and the new Castlevania game, I don't think they have many other big ticket 3DS games to talk about.

Uh, dude, Zelda? Aonuma basically said ages ago that a brand new Zelda (not a remake) was in development for the 3DS, and there was also a rumor that there are actually TWO 3DS Zeldas in the making that will be like the Oracle games were and connect with each other. I wanna hear about it already! ;_;

But I do also want official release dates for games like Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 2. And I'd also like to know what the hell is going on with Atari and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D. The damn game's been delayed like three times already! I still haven't seen it in stores here! And I preordered it! -_-

EDIT: OMIGOSH, WE MIGHT GET THAT 3DS?!! I WANT IT!! :D

Edited by Anacybele

On remakes, they're still deciding between MM and ALttP on that, last I heard. I personally would prefer ALttP. I never was a MM fan.

But right now, I do want a brand new, original Zelda more.