Anyone ever feel like moving and starting over?

redturtle806

So does anyone else ever just wanna pack everything they own up and move to somewhere else? The thought of moving to a city like Portland or Seattle is appealing; or maybe just go and work in a national park for a few years. I've been in Lubbock for 3 years now and I just kinda hate everything about this town. I've got decent future lined up through geology at Texas Tech, but I hate my basic classes and my grades are shit. The only fun things to do with people here drink and/or play video games. After living in Lubbock for 3 years, I probably drink more in one night than I did in a week back home. I've got a decent set of friends, but I don't really have a problem with moving somewhere else and making new ones. Hell I don't even talk to people from my hometown, I guess we just don't connect anymore or maybe it's because I don't do drugs anymore. I can't even walk down the street of that town without being flooded of memories of high school friends who are now deceased or locked up, at least that doesn't happen In Lubbock. Maybe I'm just sick of Texas, and people's ignorant attitudes. Maybe I'm the kind of person that just always wants the grass on the other side of the fence, even if it is for worse. Or maybe I just need to stop being bitching and force myself to finish school.

I mean I guess at the the end of the day if I can't enjoy life here, how will I enjoy it somewhere else? But still, waking up to beautiful scenery everyday would do me some good...

Btw here's a pic of what Lubbock's landscape looks like:

7Y0RC.jpg?1

VRXf0.jpg?1

At least the sunsets are nice.

Edited by redturtle806

I didn't necessarily want to, since mine was because of schooling, but it seemed like an interesting prospect for me. It's pretty much vastly different, but I feel like it's been a better experience, for the most part. I came from Los Angeles, so moving from CA to the middle of nowhere, AR was a very significant change.

If you've the means and funds to, a change of scenery is pretty much always a good thing. Accustoming to the culture, pace, and cost of living is a bit of a process, but it's a breath of fresh air. You won't really get anywhere unless you try places out until you find the right area for you. I'd just say go for it.

I think about moving away from my home town every single day, I don't like the people here (especially their driving and/or parking) and the place is full of memories that I want to get away from.

I no longer enjoy school, doing it for 15 years got to me, so I'm planning on getting a job, saving up money then moving to a small town and getting an apartment with my best friend.

Well that's the plan anyway.

I actually did accomplish this.

2 years ago, I had a pretty cushy life in Toronto. Was living off of my parents' money and being generally anti-social. Then I moved to Israel and joined T'zahal (IDF) about a year ago. I'm a completely different person now than I was at the end of high school.

Such... a... flat... landscape... ;A;

At least the elevation changes slightly here where I live x3 And at least we have trees everywhere. But one of the reasons I didn't want to stay in Indiana was because I love mountains but there are no mountains heeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeee and it's flat =< But there are still occasional hills and river/glacial valleys =3

But that doesn't have to do with starting over~

Once we were about to lose our house and so we were trying to find a new place to stay. At first I was totally against the idea because I actually really like this town. It's more foresty here than it is in other towns and I love having trees surrounding me and it makes the scenery look pretty~

But back then we were thinking that we would most definitely have to move, so I had to make myself get more comfortable about the thought. I told myself that maybe if I just completely moved somewhere new and went to a new school, I could try to get myself to be less shy and actually make close friends. People in this town generally leave me alone because they already know I'm boring and quiet. So if I went somewhere new I could try to be more open and then people wouldn't find me so boring all the time.

So I warmed up to the idea eventually (though I would still miss this town) and then it turned out we were able to keep our house because the bank was able to be convinced to let us keep it.

Even though I'd love to live somewhere with mountains, if we had to stay in-state (which we would've done of course) I don't think I'd choose to live anywhere besides here. =3 (Even though for all I know there's somewhere else that looks even prettier than my town =o)

At least the elevation changes slightly here where I live x3 And at least we have trees everywhere. But one of the reasons I didn't want to stay in Indiana was because I love mountains but there are no mountains heeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeee and it's flat =< But there are still occasional hills and river/glacial valleys =3

I live on plains and it's so boring, however the Rocky Mountains aren't that far from where I live and I must say, they have the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen.

Jasper

I've actually had this same thought before. Where you just want to get away from everyone you know. Strangely, I have also always thought of going to Seattle. Im not sure why I would want to go there. I think I just really like the rainy, foggy climate there.

I've sort of done that.

I passed 6th grade with decent grades at the charter school I now despise. Then my mom and dad were having problems, so my mom, sister and I moved to Mexico D.F. because "there are more opportunities there," and to closer to family. We move there, and stay for several weeks.

Then, we move to Playa del Carmen because something or another. We were set to stay there permanatly, but so many bad things were happening, such as my mom losing her debit card and our dog almost getting lost. We stayed for a week, then promptly went back to D.F. We lived there for a while in my grandmother's house- there were few incidents, such as my sister going back to live with my dad- and I went to two schools during the course of our stay. Then, December 2009 happened.

My mom got into a fight with my grandmother, and she threatened to stop helping take care of me. Worried by this, my mom called my dad to ask him if I could live with him, and the rest is history I'm not 100% comfortable with telling now.

I live on plains and it's so boring, however the Rocky Mountains aren't that far from where I live and I must say, they have the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen.

Jasper

Omg so gorgeous~! I think I love mountains too much ^~^

Yeah I think if anything I'd not want to live in a mountain range but at least next to one because I don't like cold x3

So I may as well stick with the lower elevation~

• 4 weeks later...

Not really. If I had firm prospects for employment, and could figure as far as decent mental health support alongside basics? Probably enough.

If I did it'd be based on jobs and weather, and likely environmental appeal - cold generally winning over warm, rain and snow winning over sun.