[FE7]~Time for Work~ Grown Up Drafts

MancerNecro

Yes, I will finish this Draft. I am going to start next week onwards, since I have a holiday from then on.

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Hector, Oswin, Serra, Eliwood, Marcus, Merlinus, Lyn and Athos are free for all to use.
3. The game will be played on Hector Normal Mode, skipping Lyn Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, talking to Fargus in Chapter 17x, or Seizing Castles in Chapter 25.
3. Unpromoted units (other than Lords and Oswin) are not allowed to perform any actions.
4. All Gaiden Chapters except 13x,19xx, 23x and 28x are required to be visited. 13x, 23x and 28x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.
5. Other units may do as they please without penalty.
6. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.
7. The Lords, Oswin and Serra have to be promoted at the earliest possible moment.
>Eliwood must promote at Chapter 26 with the Heaven Seal gotten in that Chapter.
>Oswin must promote at Chapter 17 with the Knight Crest gotten in that Chapter.
>Serra has to promote at Chapter 19 with the Guiding Ring from Chapter 18 or as soon as she reaches Level 10, whichever happens later.
>Lyn must promote at Chapter 29 with the Heaven Seal gotten from Chapter 28.
8. Warp/Rescue is banned for this draft.

9. To help ensure that Rule 7 and Penalty 3 is enforced, all players are recommended to provide a list of their characters' levels at the end of every Chapter.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.
2. Any unpromoted unit not on the character list will have an 8 turn penalty for every action they make.
3. For every chapter after the aforementioned promotion deadlines (mentioned in Rule 7) that Hector, Oswin, Serra, Eliwood and Lyn is not promoted, you gain a 10 turn penalty.

Exceptions:
1. Matthew is free for Chapter 11.
2. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapters 12 and 13x.
3. Kent, Sain and Wil are free for use in Chapter 16.
4. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items.
5. Bartre may be used until you recruit Karla (you can promote him for this) if you draft Karla.
6. Any (including unpromoted) characters can recruit drafted units or units who are required to recruit any drafted units. Unpromoted characters may not recruit any other characters.

Teams:
MancerNecro: Geitz, Harken, Wallace
Boron/Taewoo: Louise, Hawkeye, Karel [245 turns]
Hawkeye: Isadora, Karla, Jaffar
BBM/Thomas Raith: Pent, Vaida, Renault

[spoiler=Units List]Isadora
Hawkeye
Geitz
Wallace
Pent
Louise
Karel
Harken
Jaffar
Vaida
Karla
Renault

When the players have all signed up, I will randomize the player order for the draft picking and you will use that order to pick your units. Each player will have 3 units.

To clarify: Only prepromotes are on the character list. Only the Lords, Oswin and Serra may promote. If you drafted Karla, Bartre may promote.

Edited by MancerNecro

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could probably work out. It'll definitely be interesting at least. In, I guess. I noticed Oswin is on your free characters list. Can he promote?

Yes he can. Only the Healers can't Promote. Lords, Oswin, Legault and Farina can Promote.

Actually, should I add a rule that says that all units have to be Promoted as soon as possible?

I might limit how free Marcus is, tbh. Yeah, you have a bunch less units, but Marcus can still basically solo the game. Maybe keep him free a bit longer than he usually is, but I think I'd still cut if off at around Chapter 22, where you start getting other prepromos.

Edit: Also, is Lyn free for use in C16?

Edited by Thomas Raith

Also I might make Pent free because otherwise whoever has him as a big advantage, since he has like twice the Warp range of your healers, especially since they can't even promote.

TBH I think this draft idea is inherently imbalanced- free Marcus solos the game, but if he's not free, then certain draft picks give an almost unbeatable advantage (Pent, and to a lesser extent Isadora and Farina), due to the lack of versatility in picks.

Mancer and I are trying to figure out ways to balance this draft. If anyone has suggestions, just shout them out. You guys know where to find me.

Just a heads up, some things have been changed.

[spoiler=Changes]Priscilla, Legault and Farina are no longer draftable.

Serra is now free for all to use.

Nils/Ninian is banned.

Chapter 13x is no longer compulsory.

Added a rule about promotions.

Warp/Rescue is banned.

Number of characters draftable is reduced to 3 from 4.

Please do read the changes and acquaint yourselves with the new rules and stuffs.

Edited by MancerNecro

I was really hoping I wouldn't get first pick >.< I'll have my pick shortly.

*Edit* Well there's no warp, so I guess I'll go with Isadora *crosses fingers*

Edited by Hawkeye

I wanted Pent, but I'm not surprised he went second. Give me Louise, she does well for me in drafts. (Even if I forgot she existed the last time I had her. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif)