What's your MU/Avatar going to be?

Knight

Name: Anthony

Best Stat: Magic

Worst Stat: Speed

Class: Strategist -> Grand Master –> Sage –> Demon Fighter

Appearance: Medium Build w/ Red Hair.

Skills: Magic Square, Magnificent Flame, Magic Expert, Quick Slash, Limit Breaker

Lover: Tiki (gotta love manakete Marc)

I chose speed because He'll probably end up using Wind Magic, so the low weight really helps, especially when you get a speed bonus from tomes like Holsety.

There's no weight in this game, wind magic is only good for its accuracy and taking down fliers.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, unless I've miscounted (and excluding people who've listed both male and female MU's or are joking around) it seems that, so far, 40 people intend to have a Male MU and 18 people intend to have a female MU. Just a bit of info.

This is why we can't have nice things canon female PCs.

Name: Reflet. (I'll sum it up as I'm not a fan of the name Robin.)

Worst Stat: Either Luck or Resistance

Partner: Paris, or just stay Single. I might just get their A support.

Weapon of Choice: Fire tomes. I'll equip swords if I need to.

Class and Re-class: I haven't decided yet, but I might just stick with Strategist - Grandmaster if I don't pick Sorcerer.

Body: Medium

Hair: Short Brown or White. Example to the left of the post/my profile.

Skills: Magnificent Flame, Rainbow Cry, Magic Slayer, Magic Expert and maybe Renewal?

Name: Lao

Best Stat: Resistance

Worst Stat: Luck

I chose this because it seems to give a nice balanced growth rate, the lowest her growths can go in any class is 35%, and as Grandmaster, both my Magic/Strength (50%) and my Defense/Resistance (40%) have equal chances of growth.

Class/Reclass: Strategist -> Grandmaster, not including skill stopovers

Lover: Virion

Skills: Magnificent Flame, Limit Breaker, Luna, Astra, Life Absorb

Weapon of Choice: Both swords and tomes

Appearance: The eldest body, the short hair with fringe covering one eye, in dark purple. Voice'll be whichever one I like best in the English release

I decided on my male avatar, which is going to be my first run

Name: Andreyas or Dru

Class: Strategist up to lvl 20, then Grandmaster to lvl 20, then reclass a multitude of times, mostly sword and magic users, until I finish as a Dark Knight

Worst Stat: Resistance

Which should make my starting stats:

HP 19, Str 6, Mag 7, Skl 5, Spd 6, Lck 4, Def 5, Res 4

Lover: Miriel for double magic goodness <3

Skills: Magnificant Flame, Rainbow Cry, Life Absorb, Sword/Magic Expert, and Limit Breaker from the scroll

Weapons: I want the most powerful tomes and also have killing edges and levin swords

Appearance: Middle frame, short spikey dark red hair, and whatever Boku's voice will be in English.

Edited by Andreyas

This is why we can't have nice things canon female PCs.

Well, if IS has to say to say something about 'canon' (and this game is beginnining to make me despise that word) then it's only natural that they'll go with what will please the largest segment of the fanbase. Which seems to be male, or at least favouring playing a Male MU.

Really though, IS has no reason to ever announce canon, unless they intend to make an immediate sequel. Which they won't, since Awakening wraps up quite nicely plotwise.

Well, if IS has to say to say something about 'canon' (and this game is beginnining to make me despise that word) then it's only natural that they'll go with what will please the largest segment of the fanbase. Which seems to be male, or at least favouring playing a Male MU.

Really though, IS has no reason to ever announce canon, unless they intend to make an immediate sequel. Which they won't, since Awakening wraps up quite nicely plotwise.

I don't think Fire Emblem will have a canon gender, no. I just meant in general, male PCs tend to be canonized over female ones.

I'm not that angry, just making a joke.

I dunno, I was quite pleased when it was said somewhere that the protag of Knights of the Old Republic II, the Exile, is female. Although it's just about the only time I remember that happening over male, maybe aside from Shepard.

They could just make MaMU and FeMU temporal twins or something.

It's interesting you say that because

I figured that if the Female Rufure is the one that they went with? Gimle would fashion himself a male body when he manifests in the physical world. In a scarier twist, it would also be how Marc is born.

After watching ShadowofChaos' LP of the most recent chapter, I think it's a good, if loose, theory, considering how deep Gimle is in voice. Unless it changes based on the gender the player chooses for their file? Is this such a case, or is Gimle always "male" when he appears to Fauder?

I dunno, I was quite pleased when it was said somewhere that the protag of Knights of the Old Republic II, the Exile, is female. Although it's just about the only time I remember that happening over male, maybe aside from Shepard.

Yeah, I remember that. Knights of the Old Republic II was a pretty cool game, all things considered. More ambitious than the first game, but also more flawed. I quite liked it really.

...And then Bioware approved a novel that butchered the Exile's backstory, made her character a satellite to Revan's and killed her off. And then had us kill Revan for his pants in the next game. Good work there, Bioware.

Also, Shepard was assigned a canon gender? News to me. I though Bioware danced around that all the time, with the whole 'It's YOUR story thing'.

...Not that ever stopped the threads. I don't suppose you've got a link to where they said this? I'd be quite interested to read it.

It's interesting you say that because

I figured that if the Female Rufure is the one that they went with? Gimle would fashion himself a male body when he manifests in the physical world. In a scarier twist, it would also be how Marc is born.

After watching ShadowofChaos' LP of the most recent chapter, I think it's a good, if loose, theory, considering how deep Gimle is in voice. Unless it changes based on the gender the player chooses for their file? Is this such a case, or is Gimle always "male" when he appears to Fauder?

Sorry, I don't quite get what you're saying here.

Are you asking why Gimle doesn't change the gender of his host body while he's in it? Apart from the fact that I don't think he can, why would he bother? As long as it can swing a sword and cast a spell, he seems content.

I'm pretty sure that Gimle appears in female form if you've chosen to play a Female MU, just as he appears as a male if you're playing a Male MU. He's riding around in the BadFuture!MU's body after all. I think that his 'voice' is just MU's being filtered slightly to make it more eeeeevil sounding and it changes depending on which voice set you pick. Or maybe it's Gimle's soul speaking, ignoring vocal cords and so forth. Who knows?

Edited by Onestep

Male My Unit

Name: My own name

Best Stat: Speed

Class: Dark Knight

Inventory: Ragnell, Excalibur, Celica Gale+, Brave Sword+, Leaf Sword+.

Skills: Luna, Weapon Saver, Holy Shield, Great Shield, Renewal .

Lover: Inverse

No interest on limit breaker or other chance based skills

Edited by LeaderR Elliot

Male My Unit

Name: My own name

Class: Dark Knight

Skills: Luna, Weapon Saver, Holy Shield, Great Shield, Renewal .

No interest on limit breaker or other chance based skills

I think I may have misinterpretted that last part but....

Limit breaker isn't chance based and almost all of yours are...

I think I may have misinterpretted that last part but....

Limit breaker isn't chance based and almost all of yours are...

Is true... I still gonna have lots of fu since those are the oones that appeal the most to me <3

Well I meant that I am not interested on having the limit breaker skill.

Then said to myself that I dont want any of the other chance based skills aside from the ones I have.

Edited by LeaderR Elliot

They could just make MaMU and FeMU temporal twins or something.

Which they should have done...

Man, now I want to find a Streetpass Female MU to Double with my Male MU and then battle through the game. I'll call them the Time Twins or something like that.

Edited by Onestep

While I aim to do many things with my MUs, here's my two Notable ones:

Female

Name: Thalia

Worst stat: Luck

Class: Myrmidon/Swordmaster

Skills: Vantage, Tome Slayer (+Others)

Weapon: Tyrfing

Lover: Probably Chrom

This'll be my first MU... clear reference to Thalia, Guardian of Thraben from Magic the Gathering.

Male

Name: Sandek

Best Stat: Skill

Class: Sorcerer

Skills: Lethality, Miracle, Vantage, Limit Breaker, Counter

Weapons: Slime, Cellica's Gale [+Hit (5), +MT (3)]

The commander of my "Miracle/Lethality Streetpasss death squad".... (And besides ...probably Zelgius, the weakest unit of the lot.)

"We cross that line, into the crypt...! Total Eclipse!" (fufufu...!)

Edited by Airship Canon

Hmm... My Female MU, let's see

Name: ?

Best Stat: Defence

Worst Stat: Strength

Appearance: Medium probably, haven't decided on any details

Class: Sage

Lover: Magic bred Loran

Sure.

Name: Whatever the default name is. Or maybe Jared, after my Pokemon Red trainer of yesterdecade

Appearance: Something scholarly with as few accessories as I can get (i.e. no pendants, eyepatches, etc.) and normal-ish blond hair

Class: Strategist -> Grandmaster

Reclass: Probably not. Reclassing makes my brain hurt. And I can't brain any more. I got the dumb.

Weapon of Choice: Magic of some kind.

Worst Stat: Luck, maybe?

Lover: Sairi, Tiki, Anna, or Flavia, depending on what the supports are like

Favourite Beatle: Ringo Starr

Had Braces: Yes

University Major: Physical Geography

Vehicle: 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier

World of Warcraft Class: Shaman

Allergies: Dogs, the month of March

Concert Band Instrument: Tenor Saxophone

Brushes Teeth: Twice a day

Likes Seafood: No

Okay, I'll stop now.

Sure.

Name: Whatever the default name is. Or maybe Jared, after my Pokemon Red trainer of yesterdecade

Appearance: Something scholarly with as few accessories as I can get (i.e. no pendants, eyepatches, etc.) and normal-ish blond hair

Class: Strategist -> Grandmaster

Reclass: Probably not. Reclassing makes my brain hurt. And I can't brain any more. I got the dumb.

Weapon of Choice: Magic of some kind.

Worst Stat: Luck, maybe?

Lover: Sairi, Tiki, Anna, or Flavia, depending on what the supports are like

Favourite Beatle: Ringo Starr

Had Braces: Yes

University Major: Physical Geography

Vehicle: 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier

World of Warcraft Class: Shaman

Allergies: Dogs, the month of March

Concert Band Instrument: Tenor Saxophone

Brushes Teeth: Twice a day

Likes Seafood: No

Okay, I'll stop now.

Folks, I think we came to the winning post. Well done.

Another Female MU. Because I don't won't to make MU an extention of myself but rather, their own character. Making MU female is one of the easiest way to do that.

Name: (Undecided)

Worst Stat: Defence

Class: Strategist -> Grandmaster -> Dark Mage -> Mage -> Sage -> Sorceror

Skills: Magnificent Flame, Crimson Curse, Vengence, Magic Slayer, Magic Expert

Lover: Frederick or maybe Chrom

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker