Favourite quotes

Hana

So mine has to be "Ore wa maken" from Kromnom! Seriously, shouting it out mid-crit is just stating the obvious! You aren't going to lose Krom, you're going to beast over everything with your infinite Iron Sword - but you sound cool doing it.... and I'm totally biased...

What's your favourite quote? I don't think you necessarily have to own the game to comment on this, particularly if you watch a certain Let's Play... Oh! And I'm fine with "It's Vaike Time" peeps too, bring your localisation quotes to the table!

(^o^)/

Unfortunately I don't speak Japanese, I have hard enough time with simple French.

However "Die, with magnificence" is a good one.

Edited by Knight

I dont know what the original japanese line was but in Chrom and Female Avatar's supports when Chrom walks in on the Female Avatar the way she screams 'KINDLY GET THE HELL OUT!' was so funny that it makes me PRAY they keep it in the NA release.

Im really hopeful for that XD

For some reason I really like the english quote of Lissa saying 'I am NOT delicate!' XD

For battle quotes or voice acting, anything exclaimed by Wood, like his skill activation "Hissatsu." On supports, of the phrases I can recall, it'd be Tiamo's "You should shape fate with your own hands," even if it has been used before by many people.

On the localization from what's been shown so far, "It's VAIKE TIME!!" is my favorite.

That's super cool and all, but what the fuck does it mean?

'Make-n' is short for make-nai (lose+negative), so it means 'I won't lose'. Maybe someone with better Japanese could check to make sure.

Pretty obvs, but the dashes are there to separate the root verb and the negative.

That, or taken literally his name is Chrom Maken.

Edited by pichupal

All battle quotes are awesome!

I love Tiki's "Oyasuminasai" (good night) and Henry's "Tsugi wa dare?" (who's next?) once they have murdered defeated the enemy.

Maybe because they're the only quotes I understand.

'Make-n' is short for make-nai (lose+negative), so it means 'I won't lose'. Maybe someone with better Japanese could check to make sure.

Pretty obvs, but the dashes are there to separate the root verb and the negative.

That, or taken literally his name is Chrom Maken.

:) You are quite right, that's my interpretation of "Ore wa maken".

I guess a literal breakdown would be something like (though I'm no expert): I am lose (not)... but for English purposes it would be better understood as; "I won't lose!" or "I won't be defeated" or something similar...

Good to see people liking the "Die with Magnificence" line, if my ears are right then Liam O'Brien is responsible for that line and I love the vast majority of characters that he has voiced, so i'm excited about that!

Edited by Hana

Me thinks Vaike's gonna be the popular guy when this hits US and UK shores!! Still, that is a good quote I can't deny!!

no doubt there

but liz's was just adorable

hence why i married her on my weeb copy

same as ill do on my english copy

No localized quotes from me... yet

But I like Chrom's "Doko Miteru!" "Where are you looking or What are you looking at" or something

And I like MU/Avatar's(Boku/Ore 1): Senkyoku o kaeru!(I just happen to hear that in a certain LP) I think it means something like "I'll change the flow of battle or I'll turn things around"

But I like Chrom's "Doko Miteru!" "Where are you looking or What are you looking at" or something

And I like MU/Avatar's(Boku/Ore 1): Senkyoku o kaeru!(I just happen to hear that in a certain LP) I think it means something like "I'll change the flow of battle or I'll turn things around"

ill admit the avatars units quotes are pretty cool

Ooh good ones! Yeah I like "Doko Miteru!", too and MU's quotes have all been very good (from what I've heard and seen on a certian LP) thus far!

if i could understand lucina sariya and liz's in jap/wapanese id say those too

I'll have to keep a listen out for their quotes, I imagine Luci's to be about her pops or her duty or what not... buuuut I'll wait and see!

if i could understand lucina sariya and liz's in jap/wapanese id say those too

I assume they would be...

Lucina: Unmei o kaemasu! (I wont translate due to spoiler...maybe?? im not sure about that)

Sariya:... anoyo iki yo (go to the afterlife...) or something (I also like that creepy laugh she does)

And I haven't heard anything from Liz other than healing grunt

That is, if you were talking about battles/critical hits

Lucina: Unmei o kaemasu! (I wont translate due to spoiler...maybe?? im not sure about that)

Sariya:... anoyo iki yo (go to the afterlife...) or something (I also like that creepy laugh she does)

i think sariyas laugh is kind of cute

could u pm me what her battle quote is please?

Ufufufufuu~

Yeah that sounds like something Lucina would say! Esp. as pops says it too!