According to Shigesato Itoi, Progress is being made on a "Mother Re-release"

Jave

Most definitely NOT Mother 4.

But it's hard not to get excited at news like these:

Shigesato Itoi, creator of the Earthbound (known as Mother in Japan) series of games and editor-in-chief of the popular Hobo Nikkan Itoi Shinbun website, says that some sort of Earthbound return is underway.Before you get excited, it’s not Earthbound 4.

Over Twitter, Itoi shared: “Since I’m allowed to drop it on you all now, I’ll just go ahead and say it. The “Mother re-release” I’d mentioned a bit before, we’re making progress on that.”

He added later: “It’s not 4! We’re trying to get Mother working again right now. I still can’t mention any details, but I have to make clear that this isn’t ‘4’!”

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/20/earthbound-creator-shigesato-itoi-says-something-is-in-the-works/#8iH6LcKMOcsyVqsM.99

I hope it's not a re-release of Mother (1) in english, it will be terrible like FE11. I wouldn't mind a remake of the trilogy with better graphics and all for the 3DS, though. Re-releasing Mother 3 in english for the 3DS/Wii would also be great.

Maybe I'd interested if this was a remake and not a re-release.

Yeah, I can't get excited at all about this, since I doubt it'll be anything but ports for new systems. At least he was nice enough to tell us flat out it isn't a new game.

Itoi tweets in english and japanese, apparently (seems like a usual thing), and it sounds like something he's talked about before. I guess I have a bit of anticipation now, but it's more like "well don't know whether this will turn out to be much new." Probably would be more rewarding to get into bass fishing.