ASM Condition That Checks if All Fielded Ally Units Dead

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really, no

I thought about making one but it doesn't feel like anyone really hacks anymore (aside from the occasional newbies trying to learn and quitting shortly thereafter) and would be able to make use of it, never-mind care enough to actually do so. There are also three other things that are stopping me, all of which are rather big obstacles: time, the fact that I don't know ASM well enough myself, and something else that I can't mention because I sort of made an agreement with the person that I wouldn't go mentioning it... I shouldn't even be mentioning that I can't mention it *shot*

tutorials for asm? it's a programming language, those are kind of difficult to write short tutorials for

like i could write one but it would probably dwarf the size of arch's event tutorial (and it wouldn't be nearly as good quality since i am also not so great at asm)

more like a tutorial that teaches what aspects of ASM are most essential to being able to understand how GBA games work, and then how to use that knowledge to modify them accordingly, as opposed to a tutorial that teaches it from a strict programming language aspect where the person has to learn the language first and then learn how to apply it to the game.

for people who aren't programmers at heart, practicality > "properness" and "true understanding", it's the ends, not the methods, that matter. If it were something more important, I could see the methods being more important, but eh...