Chrom's Appeal

Paulina

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- FE has quite a lot of female players, actually.

- A trend with most FE games is that the main character is going to be the most popular one.

- You get an incredibly powerful Lucina AND Marc if you marry Chrom. And Lucina is the most popular character in this game.

- The players with a profile like this may be on multiple playthroughs (pickiong Chrom on the first is very natural), but never bothered to change the SpotPass team to reflect the lastest file.

I never bothered with Chrom myself, since the "main character" charisma doesn't really appeal to me. I got my first female MU paired with Eudes, and my second male MU paired with Nn. There's no specific reason behind the first one, and the second one was done because I wanted a powerful Marc.

Honestly, I'm probably not going to play a Female MU, so I can't really speak for who I'd go with. But as you said, Chrom is, essentially, the main character of the story. Or at least shares that spot with Lucina. The game itself offers some nice bonus scenes if you romance either of them, like that altered scene where

Lucina decides against killing MU, for one reason or another

Also, ChromxFemaleMU and LucinaxMaleMU are the most popular pairings on pixiv, bar none.

I'm not sure what the split on the gender of players for FE is though. In the 'What will your MU be like' thread, the number of people opting to play a Male MU is nearly double that of those playing a female MU, so something like 35/65 percent split seems likely.

I like Chrom, both in looks and personality. He comes across to me as a really sweet, caring guy, granted he does have his goofy moments.laugh.gifI'm still going to stubbornly pair my Female Avatar with him every playthrough.

Being Lucina's mother, Lucina being able to reclass into all the regular female classes and Mark inheriting Royal Weapon are also cool bonuses, and...I'm don't care for shipping him with any other girl. (especially Sumia)

I just find him to be my kind of guy, yeah Lon'qu is "tall, dark and handsome" and Frederick is your knight in shining armor type guy, but I like Chrom more.

Completely agree with everything you said; that just about sums up my reasons for choosing Chrom. I feel like he's my type too, and I wasn't really feeling it with any of the other guys. I do think that Chrom x Sumia is overdone (I prefer her with Frederick) which makes me surprised that so many other people are pairing their Female MU's with Chrom. It kinda sucks that there isn't another option for having two kids with Female MU, and I also wish there was a male manakete option as well, like Chambray is for Taguels. I'm sorta mad that there aren't any male manaketes to begin with. What, did they all die out or something???

At first I didn't particularly like him. But he grew on me. It's probably because I find him rather cute; guess I got hung up on looks. And he's pretty nice. (Liz complains too much.... You usually start to ignore people when they complain, if they complain a lot. Dick move from an outside perspective, but it isn't if you have to put up with it day in and day out.)

Personally, I find the entire cast of characters in Awakening to be bland. :\ Too many anime things in this game; can't take the characters seriously. (Granted, it's not like there aren't some anime things in other FE games.) Anime memes and archtypes are so overused. Now, that said, there are some really good supports in this game that give great characterization. Contradiction ftw.

As for pairing FeMU with Chrom, I myself will end up making a random MU for that. Eventually. I'ma make my character in my first playthrough and stay single. Mwaha. Then in every other playthrough I won't care about pairing issues and just go with whatever seems good mechanics-wise for everyone.

....If there was a redhead in the cast I'd be 85% guaranteed to fall for him...and probably wouldn't give Chrom a second look. >.>;; .....Nahh, I fall for cobalts easily, too.

Wrt how Krom and FeMU's gender: I actually like that since I'd rather have someone see me as a human being disregarding gender before anything else.

But Fred > Chrom because Fred is a butler and I fucking love butlers.

Hush! I meant like 18-25 age range and vibrant red hair and...kinda...hot.....WHYYYYYYYY, ME!

I shy.... ;-; Knew I shouldn't have said that.... (And I should have clarified more, sorry about that. Random silly comments will be the death of my sanity....)

...Uh, I thought Gangrel had brown hair. All this time.

-goes away to chastise self for being silly-

Wrt how Krom and FeMU's gender: I actually like that since I'd rather have someone see me as a human being disregarding gender before anything else.

I get how it could be insulting, though. Chrom is essentially saying that he doesn't see MU's beauty. And given that beauty is, well, a visual quality, one might say it should be the first thing you see, and certainly should be the easiest to see.

I guess it does depend on the person, then. Beauty is not a quality important to myself, so I wouldn't give a crap in that department.

Though I'm kinda baffled on how Chrom mistakes cleavage!MU as a dude, unless he didn't look at her chest at all. In which case more points for Chrom.

Edited by Zhuge Liang

Personally I just think it adds an extra layer to the story if Chrom and MU are a couple

• Chrom, MU and Lucina are the three main characters
  • Lucina doesn't just come back in time to save her father's life, but also her mother's soul!
  • Chrom carries the blood of Naga, MU the blood of Gimle, by combining the powers of light and darkness you can create a miracle
  • The scene where Lucina contemplates killing MU has much more of an emotional impact if MU is her mother or husband, and I don't like the idea of MU marrying any of the second gen characters, especially not his best friend's daughter
  • I like heroes of justice (I totally plan on pairing up Wood and Cynthia so they can be hammy heroes of justice together)
  • Mu and Chrom's relationship reads like a total rom-com and I think it's cute
  • I think big sister Lucina being a daddy's girl and little brother Marc being a momma's boy is just super cute
  • Robin: I'm glad...
    Krom: I'm glad...
    Both: To have met you. (sniffcry.gif)

And I may be a bit of an anomaly in this regard, but I never base characters off of myself, even customizable ones. I prefer to think of the character as their own person with their thoughts and feelings. So I make choices based on how I think they'd feel instead of how I'd feel, and pair them with character I think they'd like and not someone I'd like (I always pair Vanessa with Innes even though I hate Innes, because he makes her happy). Also I'm a bit of a traditionalist and tend to pair the main male and female characters together, unless given sufficient reason not to (and I prefer Chrobin to Chromia).

Edited by Mysterique Sign

Well, for my first run, Eowyn will be with Chrom for many reasons already said, but there's also my favorite reason- who doesn't want to be married to Marth and Sheeda's descendant? XP

Of course, My two other runs won't be with him- male run might be either Lucina, Lissa or Sairi, as for my second female run will be with Paris.

Personally I just think it adds an extra layer to the story if Chrom and MU are a couple

• Chrom, MU and Lucina are the three main characters
  • Lucina doesn't just come back in time to save her father's life, but also her mother's soul!
  • Chrom carries the blood of Naga, MU the blood of Gimle, by combining the powers of light and darkness you can create a miracle
  • The scene where Lucina contemplates killing MU has much more of an emotional impact if MU is her mother or husband, and I don't like the idea of MU marrying any of the second gen characters, especially not his best friend's daughter
  • I like heroes of justice (I totally plan on pairing up Wood and Cynthia so they can be hammy heroes of justice together)
  • Mu and Chrom's relationship reads like a total rom-com and I think it's cute
  • I think big sister Lucina being a daddy's girl and little brother Marc being a momma's boy is just super cute
  • Robin: I'm glad...
    Krom: I'm glad...
    Both: To have met you. (sniffcry.gif)

And I may be a bit of an anomaly in this regard, but I never base characters off of myself, even customizable ones. I prefer to think of the character as their own person with their thoughts and feelings. So I make choices based on how I think they'd feel instead of how I'd feel, and pair them with character I think they'd like and not someone I'd like (I always pair Vanessa with Innes even though I hate Innes, because he makes her happy). Also I'm a bit of a traditionalist and tend to pair the main male and female characters together, unless given sufficient reason not to (and I prefer Chrobin to Chromia).

I actually prefer Chrom and Male MU's friendship over the romantic relationship Chrom can have with FeMU. At the very least, their supports just seem... better than FeMU's. I also have no objection to MU marrying the second-gen characters. If anything, I like the idea of someone from a hard future finding peace in the past they saved. When it's MU and Lucina in particular, it just seems more meaningful. A 'Love can save the world' kind of thing, if you get what I mean.

Lucina choosing not to kill MU because she loves him, and then fate changing afterwards... It's wonderfully romantic, and this is coming from someone who's a bit of a cynic really.

But I can see where you're coming from. I disagree, but I can see where you're coming from. Personal preference, I suppose.

Honestly, I'm still undecided about whom I'm going to pair with whom. I don't know enough about every character yet, though I do agree that Chrom is pretty hot, especially shirtless and in swim trunks. :3

Hush! I meant like 18-25 age range and vibrant red hair and...kinda...hot.....WHYYYYYYYY, ME!

Your liege, milady.

Plus, I think you get extended dialogue in the scene where Lucina tries to kill MU if you're her mother, so there's that.

^Anyone got a video or script of that scene?

This has been mentioned several times -- I'm curious about it too. Can anyone hook up SF? Is it floating around YouTube somewhere.

Red, not orange. Orange doesn't cut it. xD

Thought of something. The movie near the beginning of the game becomes even more sad if FeMU is married to Chrom. ...But at the beginning of the game you aren't, and a person with no knowledge of the game wouldn't know if that incident happens before or after Chrom has to get married. Overthinking, yay...

Personally, I find that so heartbreaking that I just HAVE to do that in one of my early playthroughs, maybe my second playthrough, just to see how that event in the current timeline goes and the events that follow.

For me I love adorkable types and Krom fits this more than 100%! Plus, I have a thing for blue hair (yes I'm shallow). I also can't deny that the idea of a Lucina who is Fauder's grandchild is epic, to me, and that the MU seems to have a legit reason to be with Krom given that he's in her thoughts when she awakens in that field.

All in all I can't provide a single 'unique' reason, but I haven't found any of the other guys in-game to be all that interesting, either. I'm sure the characters have interesting back stories, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm no where near interested in them - where as pairing with Krom does interest me. Therefore MUxKrom! :'D

Plus.. Marth's heir! Who doesn't want to associate with Marth! It might get you a placement in SSB!! (<--- Seriously this is a joke)

For me I love adorkable types and Krom fits this more than 100%! Plus, I have a thing for blue hair (yes I'm shallow). I also can't deny that the idea of a Lucina who is

Fauder's grandchild

is epic, to me, and that the MU seems to have a legit reason to be with Krom given that he's in her thoughts when she awakens in that field.

All in all I can't provide a single 'unique' reason, but I haven't found any of the other guys in-game to be all that interesting, either. I'm sure the characters have interesting back stories, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm no where near interested in them - where as pairing with Krom does interest me. Therefore MUxKrom! :'D

Plus.. Marth's heir! Who doesn't want to associate with Marth! It might get you a placement in SSB!! (<--- Seriously this is a joke)

remember to spoiler posts.

Like this

Edited by Emperor Hardin