Who coined the term "Ambush Spawning"?

MarkyJoe1990

Just FYI, MarkyJoe, FESS is Fire Emblem: Sanctuary of Strategy. It's one of the founding fansite/forums for Fire Emblem, and was started over 7 years ago, and ended four years ago. Since we used "ambush spawn" then and I don't believe your videos were released four years ago, I don't think you coined the term "ambush spawn". On that note, I believe we also used "reskin" to refer to MageKnight404's hack, so you can probably drop that one, too.

That doesn't answer my question. I'm talking about English-speakers.

The earliest memory I have of the word where I started using it was Dynasty Warriors 3 or 4, I think...?

But there was also street fighter alpha gaiden IIRC.

I think the word has an association with Lan in wheel of time (well that would be gaidin not gaiden), and I might have heard it from there before from gaming stuff. According to the wiki for WoT, his love interest names her horse after him, but it's not clear from his page what the word means (it might have been a nickname related to his backstory that doesn't really get the backstory across to the uninitiated, including the readers, because IIRC a lot of WoT characters have names and titles that work that way).

With all of the above instances, I think that a word looking like it sounds cool and neat helps it knock about the head. That would be for my case.

Are you sure? Cause "reskin" was coined by either me or BuringPenitentEngine, and that seems to be commonly used as well.

One word I'm coining right now is recoining.

I mean, yes, it's already listed as being in use on wikipedia as to again establish a particular phrase, but the genius of it is that by reminding people of the existence of the word "recoin" I've reestablished it. Recoinage of words and phrases is a self-fulling action! However, coining them is not necessarily so. Apparently, Michael Savage coined the phrase "compassionate conservative."

Edited by Mouse