H5 Warpless Efficiency Log

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who should promote first (after Shiida)

So I'm gonna ask the obvious question. Who gets the master seals? Nobody has been given either of the chapter 12 seals yet and if not next chapter when do you plan to promote?

honestly I probably don't need to promote anybody else until chapter 16 I think. I might need another dracoknight for chapter 15, but i'll have Palla and Catria to fly around, and the mages are really bad despite hitting ridiculously hard, so I'm not to sure.

I'll probably promote Hardin and Cain in chapter 16, although someone like Barst might get promoted if I need more raw offence, which is definately possible for chapter 16.

Like Epinosa said earlier, there's no point in promoting someone unless they're actually nescessary in helping with the clear with their promotion.

EDIT: maybe I don't even need to promote anyone there either since I'm recruiting Arran.

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linde can actually get exp pretty easy by just nuking things with aura, but there's really little use for mages in this kind of run, in my opinion. I'm probably not even going to kill Gharnef, and Lena does that much better anyway since her res is so insane. If she could double armours at base she'd be a lot more useful imo

Also thanks a lot Bal.

Pretty sure not killing Gharnef will cost more turns than killing him considering you recruited Bantu and you're not using Warp!

Pretty sure not killing Gharnef will cost more turns than killing him considering you recruited Bantu and you're not using Warp!

Why? I can just spawn him on the bottom and ignore him to keep the spheres, and starlight already costs turns.

and I won't go to 24x since i'll have tiki

Why? I can just spawn him on the bottom and ignore him to keep the spheres, and starlight already costs turns.

and I won't go to 24x since i'll have tiki

Oh yeah, I thought if you didn't have both you'd go to 24x.

IGNORE ME

Oh yeah, I thought if you didn't have both you'd go to 24x.

IGNORE ME

i would but the ignore function is for CHUMPS

wow im actually progressing faster than one update per 4 months guys expect chapter 14 tonight, although its not very exciting since im sure MONKEYS could win this chapter on H5

http://youtu.be/Ty823oV4liw

palla totally wrecks that curate at the end of the chapter. I also forged a hammer for Minerva out of pure favouritism. It will probably bite me in the butt later but I don't really care

I used the savepoint because I kind of wanted (read really wanted) strength on Shiida, since she's was sitting on an unimpressive 2 procs overall, which even with her horrible strength growth, is even worse than to be expected. Minerva got a thief kill I should have given to Shiida, but in a test run the thief attacked before the priest fortified and got healed, but he didn't feel like it this time I guess
actually now that I think about it Shiida's strength proc kept her on average since she's levelled up 15 times and 3/15=20%
so good at math
Jeigan also got some thief exp that was going to go to Draug, but he critted and I didn't really feel like restarting.
I'm planning on using both Palla and Catria, but we'll see how that ends up going, there's only so much exp to go round.
Edited by General Horace

I'm actually doing an H5 playthrough too (actually at Chapter 14 wow you totally copied me even though this started a year ago) and I can safely say your Doga is way better than my Cain, who's like level 13 and has procced Str twice and Def 0 times (and I guess Speed 5 times but he's still Speed screwed what a chump). I think he's screwed in all of the other stats except Res (like 1 Luck proc), I hate him so.

What I'm trying to say is Abel > Cain (and Hardin > Abel...and Jeigan...> Hardin? OK, maybe not that far).

I'm actually doing an H5 playthrough too (actually at Chapter 14 wow you totally copied me even though this started a year ago) and I can safely say your Doga is way better than my Cain, who's like level 13 and has procced Str twice and Def 0 times (and I guess Speed 5 times but he's still Speed screwed what a chump). I think he's screwed in all of the other stats except Res (like 1 Luck proc), I hate him so.

What I'm trying to say is Abel > Cain (and Hardin > Abel...and Jeigan...> Hardin? OK, maybe not that far).

I honestly think Abel is better than Cain, but I just like Cain a lot more, and having a good cav with C swords (no navarre does't count) has actually done quite a bit for me in this playthrough so far.

but at the same time I think Cain is better than Abel since he's more or less guarenteed the chapter 2 steel sword from the boss, since he'll be the hardest hitter with it, and Ogma has his own, and that's a lot more important than having D lances in axeland. If ridersbanes weren't as good as they are in this game I think Cain would win hands down.

I think Hardin crushes Jeigan though. Aside from the first two chapters, Jeigan has done almost nothing but be a filler unit, and he's actually got a couple bro level ups.

Edited by General Horace

Well your Cain is better than my Abel actually butenoughaboutthat. Yeah, Hardin is basically the best (more liek Hardon) mine is so hax.

And fsr I promoted Lena before Sheeda, and she actually helped fight things it shocked me too (probably because she has like +2 Spd).

Well your Cain is better than my Abel actually butenoughaboutthat. Yeah, Hardin is basically the best (more liek Hardon) mine is so hax.

And fsr I promoted Lena before Sheeda, and she actually helped fight things it shocked me too (probably because she has like +2 Spd).

lena was probably a sooper high level and her bases are so high that even if she gets like no stats but luck and res she'll be pretty much Wendall without the tome rank

and yeah its kind of hard to compare my cain to a normal cain, he is pretty above average. The extra defence has actually been the difference in getting 2hko'd to getting 3hko'd quite a bit.

Edited by General Horace

http://youtu.be/_2NnuFyav9Y

pkl isn't posting this one nope

another pretty straightforward chapter, its mostly SURROUND MARTHIPAN SO HE DOESN'T DIE but its a bit harder since the enemies have 1-2 range

palla and catria are already better than I remember them to be, or perhaps the enemies are just worse? Palla shouldn't be able to ORKO a boss lol

anyway, i got the energy ring since i don't really see any use for the master key, since i'll have a few extra turns on chapter 19 because of bantu having poor movement, so i'll be able to deploy TOKEN THIEF RICKARD to steal some of the stuff

there's really not a whole lot to say about this chapter. The boss actully doesn't even OHKO base marth, which is pretty nice.

i don't really think they'll need it, not next chapter anyway. The can easily ridersbane some dudes/reinforcements for easy exp

im honestly just saving them for medeus, since I might forge a mega pachyderm or something and stuff energyrings into jake/beck and have xane copy them

Edited by General Horace

i don't really think they'll need it, not next chapter anyway. The can easily ridersbane some dudes/reinforcements for easy exp

im honestly just saving them for medeus, since I might forge a mega pachyderm or something and stuff energyrings into jake/beck and have xane copy them

Hmm...do you think you can save turns with Pachyderm? Isn't that thing too inaccurate to hit Medusa?

if i don't forge any hit on it, a ballista with 10 skill and 10 luck has a 40% hitrate on medeus since they'll probably have C marth support

and that's if I don't give them any of my goddess icons and secret books, or forge any hit on the weapon. And it hits so hard its kind of ridiculous. I'd probably just fire two shots of the pachyderm then finish with a gradivus pally or something

I can't see any other way to kill him faster

Edited by General Horace

if i don't forge any hit on it, a ballista with 10 skill and 10 luck has a 40% hitrate on medeus since they'll probably have C marth support

and that's if I don't give them any of my goddess icons and secret books, or forge any hit on the weapon. And it hits so hard its kind of ridiculous. I'd probably just fire two shots of the pachyderm then finish with a gradivus pally or something

I can't see any other way to kill him faster

Ah, I see. I was forgetting Tiki and Nagi have shit move and there's no warp. That definetely sounds like the fastest way. Though you would still need the Pally to get there, which take like 4 or 5 turns.

yeah, i think it'd end up being 4 turns

If i have a max strength ballastician with a +10 forge though, it does do 26 damage a hit, so if I kill the clerics I could potentially 3 turn I think since Xane is the best.

beck gains like 4 levels in chapter 16 too so getting him exp shouldn't be a problem

Edited by General Horace

yeah, i think it'd end up being 4 turns

If i have a max strength ballastician with a +10 forge though, it does do 26 damage a hit, so if I kill the clerics I could potentially 3 turn I think since Xane is the best.

beck gains like 4 levels in chapter 16 too so getting him exp shouldn't be a problem

Ah, I see. Next chapter does have a shit ton of enemies, so it'd be a good time to give Palla Catria, the cavaliers and the ballistas experience. And you have to take it slower due to Arran/Samson too.

@ Roofa- I think he will have Gotoh.

EDIT: Though, iirc, Gotoh does like no damage to Medeus with Swarm.

Edited by PKL