H5 Warpless Efficiency Log

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who should promote first (after Shiida)

PKL - its good he has 23 res and 25 defence, and with the lightsphere he won't have the 2 def or 20 avoid from his throne, meaning he'll only have 30 avoid

and wrt to forge money, there's an XL buillon in chapter 19 and another small buillon in chapter 23? so thats 40000G right there, and I'm sitting on 12500 in chapter 17 right now

the pachyderm forge (if i forge 0 hit) will cost 41250, which is pretty costly, and for 3 energy rings and 3 spirit dusts and 3 arms scrolls from the secret shops is another 11250, but i'll likely have extra master seals, along with some other expensive items to sell like silver bows, bolganones and levin swords so I don't think cash will be a problem.

and I think I got all the money villages except the chapter 4 one, let me double check if i got the chapter 1 village

EDIT: Yeah I got the chapter 1 village and the chapter 2 village doens't cost turns so I probably got that one too

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://youtu.be/Vag2H9qQAJo

Another relatively simple chapter, I accidently fudged my math and risked shiida's death at one point, but she proc'd defence halfway through the turn so it turned out alrirght. The crit Arran got on the paladin was also unescessary, since Minerva could have finished after two javelins with Hauteclere. Speaking of Minerva, she's about one lance use away from ridersbane, which is quite nice.

Arran is like better than Jeigan by one speed, maybe he'll get to see some action!

probably not

Chapter 16 was completed in 10 turns

oh yeah whoever guessed 7 levels for the ballisticians was correct

Edited by General Horace

Oh, lol. Btw, good job on those str procs in a row. I know i wouldn't have had the patience for that one >_>

EDIT: I said 7 levels. I'm always right. :P

Edited by PKL

yeah, it was rather unfourtunate :( it didn't really affect much anyway, since Marth didn't have to run through the cage thankfully

http://youtu.be/EMw8y6oN2lo

exciting chapter is exciting

promoted Cain so he'd double the boss with Wyrmslayer

ya

hey wrys got hp! its a wryson to celebrate

see what I did there

But in all honestly Minerva's level was pretty bro, and I think? Abel's was pretty good too.

Lol. Yeah, Abel is turning out amazing.

the only way i finish this before a year is if I finish it before the 20th since i'm moving and christmas and then new years then its past december 28th

that being said I did finish chapter 18 today, and chapter 19 is ridiculously simple, so i might? upload them later at some point

chapter 20 honestly looks pretty easy too, recruiting lorenz is just as easy as killing him, although getting marth to move fully might be a pain sometimes, since he'll definately get wrecked by every enemy on the map

other than that, chapter 21 and 24 are the only other real problem chapters I think

Edited by General Horace

http://youtu.be/oDhvClwEB_c

pretty simple chapter again, enemy stats got a pretty big boost on the cavaliers from chapter 16, but its nothing we can't handle. For reference, the cavaliers still have 8-9 defence, and the horsemen still have 5 defence, so dealing the damage isn't the problem at all
when luring the last group of enemies, I had to make shiida tank a bow hit, because otherwise nobody on my team could lure both a ridersbane and a silver bow, unless I promoted Barst.
obligatory est is the best.
Chapter 18 done in 9 turns
unless I've done my math wrong (likely) tiki only costs one extra turn

That looked a bit more complicated than I expected it to be. Shiida the best though. Tanking silver bows as a flier like it's nothing.

EDIT: How many str procs do u need now?

Edited by PKL

Are you using some sort of LUA to get those str growths proccing (not sure if something like this even exists for the DS games) or is it the same methods as your current FE8 LTC?

Your recorded runs have always struck me as incredible for making some seemingly hard-to-accomplish and obscurely precise things look really effortless.

Your recorded runs have always struck me as incredible for making some seemingly hard-to-accomplish and obscurely precise things look really effortless.

i'm going to be totally immodest here: i think i have horace beat on this front :P:

Edited by dondon151

the fe8 videos are a result of looking ahead at the lua script for favourable stuff

for these videos i make a state at the start of each chapter and kind of "make my own script" (i'll have a notepad doc open to desmume) with the order of stuff that needs to happen in order to get the strength levels on the ballisticians

its really not as difficult to get the levels as it might seem, a lot of Beck's and Jake levels come on turn 1 and 2 of the chapters, or relatively close to a savepoint

the worst one this chapter was to get a strength level on both of them on the last turn of chapter 18 there. Its also not that bad since its only one stat, and I could care less what other stats they get. As a result, Shiida ended up not getting the bosskills, but really my nonballista units are probably good enough as is to win the rest of the chapters from here on out.

but for like chapters 5-16 I honestly just winged it and rolled with whatever happened unless someone died

Edited by General Horace