Rate the Unit: Chess Edition, Day 5: Queen

secondworld

Rules(I don't think this has ever been done with chess, if you think something about the rules should be changed, please tell me about it)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra for bias is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10. Make it easy to calculate for me.

- Every ranking phase starts as soon as each topic is posted, it's 12:00 AM where I am when I post this, this ranking phase ends in 21 hours(900 PM where I am) after I post.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

- when rating a unit, keep in mind the amount of that unit you have

- You can have a rating considering the amount of that unit you have(remember, you can get more via promoting pawns), and a second rating for the unit on it's own. I will make two separate lists of averages.

Averages:

As a group

Bishop: 7.2

Knight: 7.3

Rook: 8.6

Pawn: 9.9

On it's own

Pawn: 2.2

Bishop: 5.5

Knight: 6.5

Rook: 7.3

8/10, Someone could be overly protective of the piece, and if they lose it may lose interest in the game, making them worse. Can't jump over stuff or do the "L" move the Knight loves so much.

The best single piece in Chess, bar none. Combining the mobility of the Rook and the Bishop into one, the Queen has complete coverage of the board, with the only obstacle being the 3 Pawns in front of her in the beginning. If you are stupid unfortunate enough to lose her, getting a Pawn will net you another non-king and -pawn piece- usually used to get another Queen. This does raise questions about the Pawns, though. To put it bluntly, The Queen is to Chess as Florina is to FE7; both are awesome when used wisely, and it sucks if they are taken down. God save the Queen.

10/10

Edited by Frédéric François Chopin