Can somebody confirm this?

It says that Awakening's European release date is on April 19. Is that true? (Hm, exactly one year after the Japanese release... Nintendo could've done better...) If it is true, then I'm surprised that nobody mentioned it yet... which is why I'm thinking that maybe it's not true.

Note: I don't really care, mind you, since I'm going to get the American one and all... I'm just curious. I can't wait for February 4 to come!!! Only a month left!!! Fine, only a month and one day left!

Here's the link. (There's a teaser trailer too.)

Suck it, Europe

Eh, might be true. Europe`s been screwed over before by this `cause of the amount of languages it needs translated to. Pretty substantial gap between EU and NA though.

Edited by Gone2Ground

Suck it, Europe

Eh, might be true. Europe`s been screwed over before by this `cause of the amount of languages it needs translated to. Pretty substantial gap between EU and NA though.

Atleast we didn't have to wait 1 year and 8 months for Xenoblade

I hate that part about Europe, just let everyone learn English as second language. So this mess can be over *Sigh*.

The 19th would make sense and would also be easier for NOE to match the Japanese SpotPass and DLC schedule.

However, Europe doesn't have a release day to the best of my knowledge.

So I do think confirmation is necessary. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendolife knew a few things we don't, but better safe than sorry!

Atleast we didn't have to wait 1 year and 8 months for Xenoblade

I hate that part about Europe, just let everyone learn English as second language. So this mess can be over *Sigh*.

True that, I guess

No, trust me. Having two official languages everyone must know is a pain in the ass.

I live in Quebec.

Trust me, just...just grin out the extra months. No-one else needs to deal with this. EVER.

Argh. I heard about that weird situation in Quebec. Being over-protective of the French language and all...

I do like the idea behind 19th, being exactly one year after the Japanese release and one day before the series' 23rd anniversary. The wait itself is getting too long, though.

True that, I guess

No, trust me. Having two official languages everyone must know is a pain in the ass.

I live in Quebec.

Trust me, just...just grin out the extra months. No-one else needs to deal with this. EVER.

I'll raise you to 3 languages in like the second smallest country in Europe (Belgium)

We have Dutch, French and German (and we learn English in school aswell)

True that, I guess

I live in Quebec.

Many countries ion Europe have forced education in 4 different languages.

Oh, c'mon, with enough effort, four languages shouldn't be too hard. I'm saying this from experience. English is my native language, but I've learned (or am learning) three other languages: Korean, Russian, and Japanese (I'm currently learning the latter two).

And why is this post about languages...

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

Oh, c'mon, with enough effort, four languages shouldn't be too hard. I'm saying this from experience. English is my native language, but I've learned (or am learning) three other languages: Korean, Russian, and Japanese (I'm currently learning the latter two).

Honestly, no.

Effort comes from motivation, you have motivation because you WANT to learn these languages (and you'r prob one of those guys who are good at it, I'm more of a Math guy).

What if you HAVE to learn English, Dutch, German and Spanish.(example)

you're effort will be tons lower, because you don't care about those languages.

Pretty much the same thing happens to me.

No offence to the French, but I hate it's language. And I'll prob never learn it, even though I had to in school.

The problem with QC is a bunch of legal and school issues that come with it, not the learning of the language. For example: All french text must be 2x as big as English text. That's fine.

Keeping immigrants from England from participating in an English high school and forcing them to attend a french one instead of their mother tongue, making them learn Science/Math in French instead of the language they already speak fluently? That's not so good. Thank god there's a legal loophole involving only being here on a work permit. Means you can't get a job though, so reliant on your parents, it makes you.

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC

Sorry Missile, but it's a pretty accurate prediction.

Trying to learn four languages, while also undergoing the basic curriculum common to most developed countries sounds like a bit of a nightmare though.

Trying to learn four languages, while also undergoing the basic curriculum common to most developed countries sounds like a bit of a nightmare though.

It is... Well, I'm only learning three languages now... (I dropped Korean a year or two back... No teachers....)

But still, I'm also taking AP Language, AP US History, AP Calculus... AND I have to take the SAT in June...

And in a month... I have to turn in an essay for this national scholarship program... the PEC (Peace Essay Competition).

@Mister Cold

Hey, I'm a math-y guy too, you know! I love sciences and stuff... and I intend to major in some science field when I go to college.

I learned English 'cause, well, I'm American. Korean and Russian, however, were forced. (When you live abroad, it sort of happens.) Japanese is the only language I voluntarily studied... But yes, I agree. I learned the languages, but I never really put much effort into them because they were forced. I just happened to live outside America for some time. (Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, mind you.)

But, you know? After having forcefully learned those languages, a genuine interest appeared. Languages are very interesting. I, for one, wouldn't mind learning French... Well, at this point, I would, but that's because I'm very tight on time. Later, when I'm done with high school, then maybe I can pick it up... (French, and German, and Italian, and Spanish, and Portuguese, and Chinese, and... no, I'm pushing it. One or two more languages at most.)

Is it just me, or is this subject derailing? I just wanted confirmation on whether or not Awakening was coming out on April 19 in Europe...

Oh, and how do you use the MultiQuote option? I wanted to quote Mister Cold, but I didn't know how... (That's why I just used @Mister Cold...)

Is it just me, or is this subject derailing? I just wanted confirmation on whether or not Awakening was coming out on April 19 in Europe...

Oh, and how do you use the MultiQuote option? I wanted to quote Mister Cold, but I didn't know how... (That's why I just used @Mister Cold...)

Yes, it's derailed. You're right.

To answer the immediately pertinent question, after hitting MultiQuote on the couple posts you want to quote, you have to actually hit Add Reply at the bottom, rather than quick replying or replying to one of the posts you MultiQuoted.

Yes, it's derailed. You're right.

To answer the immediately pertinent question, after hitting MultiQuote on the couple posts you want to quote, you have to actually hit Add Reply at the bottom, rather than quick replying or replying to one of the posts you MultiQuoted.

Oh, okay, I get it now. Thanks.

I'm a little bit annoyed with the wait. I don't really benefit from the extra translations since i'm dutch and we play 99% of our games in English and we prefer it that way. So i'm not all that happy at waiting for the French/German/Spanish translation, still two months isn't that long considering we usually have to wait a lot longer then that.

For example we got tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world a full year after the American version.

Edited by Sasori