SF Musical Recommendations and Share Thread

Catss

You guys don't post much about music here, but music is really cool, so this thread aims to address this issue.

Here's how it works; I'll post an album, you guys can download and listen to it then post your thoughts and opinions (500 word review or x/10, who cares, anything goes) along with a recommendation of your own. Any genre or style whatsoever, we're all hear to experience new things. Just try to include a short bio of the album/band as well as a link for anything particularly obscure and you're golden.

Since I'm 100% certain they're going to pop up, please try to avoid animé and video game OSTs unless they're *really* good. This is somewhat acceptable,

is not.

We'll start with Fantastic Planet by Failure

2CLNe.jpg

LINK: *snip*

Has a very much standard 90s alternative rock sound, easy to get into and enjoy. But that doesn't make it any less of a great album, it's highly refined and a pleasure to listen to.

Wikipedia:

Failure was an American alternative rock band from Los Angeles that was active from 1990 to 1997. They are often compared to other alternative rock bands from that time that were similarly labeled as "alternative", such as Nirvana, Soundgarden, or Bush, but are distinguished by their meticulous attention to textural sonic detail, inventive use of guitar effects and signal processing, and the overall expansive sound design of their later albums.

Fantastic Planet is the third and final studio album by the American alternative rock band Failure. [...] The album was produced by Failure themselves in a process that took longer than their previous two albums, with one song being recorded and produced soon after being written, and repeating this process. Space-rock themes course through the album's lyrics, as well as various indirect references to drug addiction, drug-related experiences, and prostitution.

Edited by eclipse
Please don't link to entire albums that are under license

I'd definitely be hard pressed to decide between the kirby song and the ffx song. I mean, maybe it's because when I listen to the kirby song in my head, I can use my imagination to add flourishes and such, but I don't have the same kind of ability to mentally remix to zanarkand.

Hopefully I'll listen to the album you posted and talk a bit l8r.

Listened to a few tracks. Not terribly fond of Daylight, it doesn't quite capture that Syd Barrett kinda feel. Stuck on You and The Nurse Who Loved Me were better, but again I couldn't quite feel the groove. I was fond of the Nurse's solo though. Overall, not bad but not amazing.

I raise you one Let's Dance! I shall assume all of you know David Bowie, if not you make me sad!