Awakening is getting a demo in America next week!

Jave

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome that we get a free DLC. However, I wonder how that will work with the gamers who've already pre ordered the game...Will the DLC already be there?

Well, I assume it'd be downloaded like the DLC is normally, except that they waive the cost for it. Judging by their words about how they are distributing the DLC, the free one will be first, it'll stop being free after a bit, and then it'll start on it's weekly basis of DLC.

Awesome that we get a free DLC. However, I wonder how that will work with the gamers who've already pre ordered the game...Will the DLC already be there?

If it's anything like Japan's release, chances are that the DLC will be there on release day and you have to clear Chapter 4 to access the Outrealm Gate.

...how? DLC is separate from the game and is stored on the 3DS.

You're going to download the DLC... because it's you know... DLC. They're not gonna bother having two copies of the cartridges just for people who pre-ordered.

...how? DLC is separate from the game and is stored on the 3DS.

You're going to download the DLC... because it's you know... DLC. They're not gonna bother having two copies of the cartridges just for people who pre-ordered.

You're right. My mistake. I know its a poor excuse, but I've never attempted to download game content and what not. I don't have wifi where I live (I believe that's what you need to do this sort of thing?), and while its available in public places I've never really bothered to try it until now. This will be my first time.

Again, sorry for being a noob

You're right. My mistake. I know its a poor excuse, but I've never attempted to download game content and what not. I don't have wifi where I live (I believe that's what you need to do this sort of thing?), and while its available in public places I've never really bothered to try it until now. This will be my first time.

Again, sorry for being a noob

Hey, that's fine. But you do need Wi-fi, so you're out of luck until you can purchase the right equipment.

I'm wondering, how they will handle the chars in this demo, like will they give you one of each first tier, and whatnot?(excluding Frederick)

As far as the stages go, I'm confident that the prologue will be absent for obvious reasons... and the tutorial moved to whatever chapter they stick you in first, and there will probably be 2-3 stages methinks

I don't have wifi where I live (I believe that's what you need to do this sort of thing?), and while its available in public places I've never really bothered to try it until now. This will be my first time.

Well, make sure you do know how those publicly available Wi-Fi services work. Some of them requires you to use a browser to open any page and prompt you to login or get pass their ads first.

Your best bet is to find someone you know with Wi-Fi access at home. Ask them to set up the connection and obtain the free DLC for you. And if you do this, you'll need them later to get the SpotPass contents.

I'm wondering, how they will handle the chars in this demo, like will they give you one of each first tier, and whatnot?(excluding Frederick)

As far as the stages go, I'm confident that the prologue will be absent for obvious reasons... and the tutorial moved to whatever chapter they stick you in first, and there will probably be 2-3 stages methinks

My bet is all the characters available for the chapters demonstrated. That includes Frederick. Although this may give an impression that the game should be beaten using him most of the time for those who aren't used to FE or some RPGs with unusually strong allies at first.

<typical_self-entitled_jealous_rant>...America gets all the good stuff. I know our version has to be translated for all of Europe, but rightfully, the English language version should be released in *England* as soon as it's ready. Release the translated European version to the continent whenever's possible, but if there's already an English version of the game...dry.gif

I at least hope that as they're taking the time to translate it for the rest of the western world, they do so properly and don't include the American spellings in the English version. Because I dislike America so much in these particular few seconds of my life.

Seriously, do you know how many animes I can't watch legally without spending money I don't have on DVDs I don't want because 'This video cannot be viewed from your country'?</typical_self-entitled_jealous_rant>

The game doesn't even have :Joshua: in it for heaven's sake.

<typical_self-entitled_jealous_rant>...America gets all the good stuff. I know our version has to be translated for all of Europe, but rightfully, the English language version should be released in *England* as soon as it's ready. Release the translated European version to the continent whenever's possible, but if there's already an English version of the game...dry.gif

Well, I see where you are coming from, but, many people, including me, would probably just by the UK-Version then because no region code and no customs 'cause EU.

And they don't want to make the effort and go create a French, German or whatever-language-they-want version to release it later with lackluster sales because everyone really interested already owns the UK one.

But, as I said, I would fully approve of a move like that as well. That's how I got my hands on Pokémon Conquest (I bought it in Edinburgh actually), as it was not translated into German, but still released in the UK regardless of region code, so yeah.

My bet is all the characters available for the chapters demonstrated. That includes Frederick. Although this may give an impression that the game should be beaten using him most of the time for those who aren't used to FE or some RPGs with unusually strong allies at first.

Yeah, I think it might go something like that, also what I meant by 'excluding Frederick' was him being first tier, cuz we know why that is...

Now, I'm wondering would they include the MU in the demo, maybe a quick creation, or not at all?

Yeah, I think it might go something like that, also what I meant by 'excluding Frederick' was him being first tier, cuz we know why that is...

Now, I'm wondering would they include the MU in the demo, maybe a quick creation, or not at all?

Maybe the demo will have different sections, or "modes" if you will. One could be a full version of the Avatar creator, one could be of a map or two, and one could be on the resource management aspect of the game. Or maybe the skirmishes. *shrugs*

Edited by Diortem

Kingdom Hearts Demo you can finish in less than 10 minutes mellow.gif. It's a pretty short map with a boss straight ahead.

Then there's a ''Tutorial'' in the main screen explaining the commands and that actually takes longer to watch than the game's playtime...

3DS demos are free, but can be played for only 30 times.

Wait, really? WHY? i was planning on playing the hell out of the demo until the 4th. Okay, maybe not 30 times, but I'd like the option. What if you delete the demo and re-download it?

Also, does anyone know around what time the eShop usually updates?

Wait, really? WHY? i was planning on playing the hell out of the demo until the 4th. Okay, maybe not 30 times, but I'd like the option. What if you delete the demo and re-download it?

Also, does anyone know around what time the eShop usually updates?

Here's a suggestion:

1. Download the demo.

2. Back up the content on your SD card onto a computer.

3. Play the demo thirty times.

4. Restore back up.

5. Play it 30 more times.

6. Wash, rinse, repeat.

^That way, you can play it as much as you want. (Edit: This would work for the actual game, too. You can have infinite files, although doing that would be quite tedious...)

Although I find it sort of unnecessary to play the demo more than thirty times when the game is two (more like three) weeks away...

I'm not sure if deleting and re-downloading it would work... mostly because I've never tried it.

As for the last question...

I don't really know. Sorry.

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever