Awakening is getting a demo in America next week!

Jave

What will the demo contain though? I haven't heard of Japan getting a demo, so it seems new.

It's not like 7 or 12 (or 10 if you were generous with the demo, in a way that is unheard of now and 11 but that was Rubbish) where there is an easily contained prologue. Would you be allowed save transfers?

Edited by deuxhero

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will the demo contain though?

It's not like 7 or 12 (or 10 if you were generous with the demo, in a way that is unheard of now) where there is an easily contained prologue. Would you be allowed save transfers?

Right now, aside from the fact we are getting a demo, we don't know anything about it, so we'll either have to wait until either Nintendo decides to give a bit more info on it, or the demo comes out.

In the F.A.Q it says you can acess/buy DLC after clearing chapter 4 and the gate will appear.

However, Nintendo just released info that the DLC Gate will only open after clearing chapter 5.

So we can assume they made an extra map in the beginning ?

In the F.A.Q it says you can acess/buy DLC after clearing chapter 4 and the gate will appear.

However, Nintendo just released info that the DLC Gate will only open after clearing chapter 5.

So we can assume they made an extra map in the beginning ?

Or they might have made the Intermission Map the Prologue map and renumbered all the chapters.

Well, if it's any evidence, all of the screenshots from the press pack had demo in the label, and there's a screenshot of Chapter 2 in there, so, perhaps the first few chapters?

I place my bet on up to Chapter 3, and perhals without the Interlude. Most of the JP pre-release stuff cover up to and including Chapter 4 (so I'd say it's some sort of spoiler/non-spoiler split), but Chapter 4 has a video in it, so it probably won't be included in the demo.

EDIT: Chapter 3 has a video in it too. Prologue too. Now I say up to Chapter 4 but with the video parts edited out. And I won't place too much trust on the "Demo" part of the filenames.

EDIT AGAIN: But is including 10% of the available chapters too generous? Maybe they're going to include only up to Chapter 2... Well, I don't know now.

Edited by nocturnal YL

My best guess is that they will choose three or four maps and you will be able to play them similarly to how you play Trial Maps. Each map has a set amount of units with pre-defined equipment, and stats will reset once you finish a map.

Just to clarify, what is a "launch time frame"? They say:

SpotPass content will be distributed in the launch time frame

SpotPass content in JP took many months to finish. I'm worried we won't be getting all the past-game characters. ;-;

Oh, now that I think about it... I wonder if this demo will even be available on the Canadian e-Shop? I couldn't find the Fire Emblem: Awakening entry at all last week.

Just change where you live to America. You might need to use another zipcode too.

Just to clarify, what is a "launch time frame"? They say:

SpotPass content in JP took many months to finish. I'm worried we won't be getting all the past-game characters. ;-;

The same thing as JP obviously. I don't know why anyone is worrying. I always knew NoA would come through.

What is A launch time frame, not THE launch time frame. I'm ignorant about this term. v.v; If it is a few months, then sure there's nothing to worry about. But I don't know therefore I am worrying.

...Worrying over nothing, most likely. Worrying over a company's choice of words in a press release! ._. k, I'll go away...

Or they might have made the Intermission Map the Prologue map and renumbered all the chapters.

Nope. One of the screenshots shows them on the world map at Ch2's location, and it's marked "Chapter 2". And there are paths normally up to Ch3 and towards Ch4 from there. It's a mistake or a typo, nothing more.

I place my bet on up to Chapter 3, and perhals without the Interlude. Most of the JP pre-release stuff cover up to and including Chapter 4 (so I'd say it's some sort of spoiler/non-spoiler split), but Chapter 4 has a video in it, so it probably won't be included in the demo.

EDIT: Chapter 3 has a video in it too. Prologue too. Now I say up to Chapter 4 but with the video parts edited out. And I won't place too much trust on the "Demo" part of the filenames.

EDIT AGAIN: But is including 10% of the available chapters too generous? Maybe they're going to include only up to Chapter 2... Well, I don't know now.

They will never include 3-4 maps.

Most demos don't last more than 20-30 mins and that's pretty much a single chapter. At most a very short one, like the intro and another one.

I think they are gonna put the map explaining the Pair Up command so people can see it.

Edited by Lanko

Hey, if anyone finds out how long this demo will be available can you let us know? Sometimes demos are only available for a certain time period. I want it just because it's something Fire Emblem, but I dun has a 3DS yet. x3

Edited by Tsamimi

Hey, if anyone finds out how long this demo will be available can you let us know? Sometimes demos are only available for a certain time period. I want it just because it's something Fire Emblem, but I dun has a 3DS yet. x3

Resident Evil Revelatons was released in February of 2012 and still have a 30 uses Demo Available.

Kingdom Hearts DDD was released in July and also have a demo available.

So probably will be up quite some time =p

I don't think there's any set time limit on demo availability. As far as I know, none of the demos that have been put on the eShop have been removed at all.

I think they are gonna put the map explaining the Pair Up command so people can see it.

That's Chapter 3, the fourth full map.

Don't underestimate the demos. The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon demo was quite a bit more than 20-30 minutes, even though it only had two dungeons. And early chapters don't take too long, especially assuming this includes a low-difficulty lock. That all said, I don't think we can make assumptions based on the screenshots, since they show a path going as far as Ch4, while I'd expect a demo to stop after Ch2: the maps after that are when they start introducing Battle Preparations and all that real stuff, as well as getting other nations involved from a story perspective.

Edited by Othin

This isn't really reltedto the demo as such, well, sort of, but just looking on Nintendo's Facebook page just then, this game is getting a lot of positive feedback from people who don't know the series at all. Really, the only negative comments I've seen are expected 'WAHHH DLC' and 'GIVE ME ANIMAL CROSSING', and more related to the demo, people seem pretty hyped about getting one and can't wait to give it a shot, again, even the people who don't know the series are excited for it.

Nintendo are really pushing Awakening, and by the looks of just that page (As well as the many "Should I start with this game?" topics on Gamefaqs) it's paying off.