Favorite Alcoholic Beverages?

For those of you who drink/are of age, what is your favorite kind of beer/wine/liquor? When it comes to beer I love Indian pale ales, Ranger is probably my favorite. I drink wine occasionally, but I don't know much about it or how to determine whether a particular wine is good wine or cheap wine. I usually drink white wine, though. And liquor wise, I love whiskey. Gentleman Jack is probably the best tasting liquor I've ever tried.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEAD is the best fucking shit in the world MEAD god i could drink nothing but MEAD forever and dehydrate so i would also drink water tempered with MEAD

Unfortunately, mead is kinda pricey (c'mon bees, survive the winter and give me honey to brew doods) so I fall back on good old lagers. Especially Red Stripe, for some reason.

What kind of beers have you tried? Cheap beer tastes like crap, but if you feel like spending 10$ on a six pack, there's some really delicious beer. You just have to find one that suits your taste. I used to HATE wine, but the more different kinds I tried, the more types of wine I found that I actually enjoyed.

i like this wine vs beer thing going on between the genders

i prefer hefenweizen and stella artois when it comes to beers, i only drink the low quality shit for beer pong, and that's like bud lite at best.

usually drink coke & redrum (bacardi), patron, sometimes hennessy (when it's blllllllllllllllllack people's out night), arnold palmers (having one right now), AMF's (when it's that kinda night) and i'll occasionally have a mojito if my girl is having one and feels awkward that she forgot her friends arent with her.

edit: i almost forgot the king; johnnie walker blue label. for those mad men type of nights.

Edited by blllack&goldmedalmamba

Haha, it's funny how alcoholic preference seems to be split by gender, isn't it? And yeah, Patron is amazing. I also use low quality beer for beer pong, no use in chugging good tasting, expensive beer. That's what shitty beer is for. ^_^ And I've only had a sip of wild black, but both Wild Black and Wild Blue start tasting awful after a beer or 2 to me (I probably couldn't even drink a whole one any more).

I'm not old enough to drink alcohol, but I actually would like to try lots of drinks when I reach the age where I can consume the stuff legally.

also it would be really awesome and supercool if you guys could give a few pointers as to which drinks are tasty / terribly shittastic

Stoller JV Pinot Noir. I had a glass of this stuff on vacation last year and I absolutely died.

Not a big fan of red wine usually, but I like Pinot noir. I've never had that specific kind, but if it's that good I might have to pick up a bottle sometime.

And Daigoji, speaking of brandy, have you ever tried making a mix drink with brandy and milk? Sounds odd, I know, but some friends were doing it and gave me a glass and it was surprisingly delicious.

I generally only like girly shit. Sweet candy-flavored shit. Midori sour, that kind of stuff. If I do drink shitty-tasting alcohol it's usually stronger stuff in shots. I'd say outside of some brands of Hefeweizen I've never tasted a single beer that wasn't utter shit. Dos Equis can be bearable with lime.

As for "my drink," that'd probably be a White Russian. Fairly sweet, strong enough to make it worth drinking, and large enough that it takes some time to drink. It's what I generally drink in my personal free time, if I ever drink alcohol.

Edit: Holy shit I said shit a lot in this post. Shit, man.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I like cider. And not "real" cider either, I like the lamestream stuff. Kopparberg is my favourite, Rekorderlig and Gaymers are nice too. I used to drink Strongbow all the time because it's cheap, even if it tastes kind of awful, but I drank too much one night and now... I don't.

Tried beer, never really liked it. Shame, since I have like seven bottles of Cobra in my fridge that I'm never going to drink.