Strunk plays Fire Emblem : Sword of Seals!

Strunk

I feel I should ask. The Angelic Robe. I doubt giving it to either Wolt of Ellen would be wise, but should I give it to Roy, or wait until I recruit Noah or Tate and give it to one of them?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry that you had to do this whole chapter over. I hope something like this doesn't happen again.

Under normal circumstances I'd definitely recommend waiting for Tate, but if you're really having difficulty keeping Roy alive then don't hesitate to give it to him!

Also, your Wolt is gaining exp at a faster rate than I anticipated. He's going to be sitting at level 20 for a few chapters while waiting for his promotion item, but it's no big deal. Good luck to ya, just keep chugging along and eventually it'll get easier [to deal with].

For the most part, it isn't that hard to keep Roy alive. It's the (how many is it now, twenty?) useless forced units that mostly die in one round with any enemy on the map that make it hard to survive any given turn. Once I unlock the preparation screen, I get the feeling things are going to become much less of a hassle to deal with.

Anyway, I think I'll give the Angelic Robe to Tate once I recruit her, unless it becomes completely impossible to survive without it before that point.

[spoiler=Chapter Five(Part One)]

[spoiler=Before Battle]image.png

Chapter Five : Start!

image.png

So we killed him.

image.png

Nowhere is safe as long as I'm around, for I am...

War-Causing-Death-Man! Deathman for short.

image.pngimage.png

I feel as if I've seen this guy before.

image.png

And this guy looks a bit like Frankenstein's Monster.

image.pngimage.png

Well, I wouldn't really call us an army. Maybe "Two Guys and A Healer".

Isn't there a show with that name or something?

image.png

Should have tried that last chapter, before we sold everything.

image.png

Yay, easy experience! Not much, because of how weak these guys are, but still!

image.png

As long as it isn't trying to recruit itself, let it past.

image.png

Looks too generic to be recruitable. Alright, we'll hear what it has to say.

image.pngimage.png

We were already going to do that, actually, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't reward us for doing it anyway.

image.png

We'll help. That way, you can live in fear of us, like you should.

image.png

What do you mean I sound like a villain?

[spoiler=During Battle]image.png

This would be a much more annoying set up if it weren't for that wall.

image.png

Forts + Marcushielding = Fun.

Also, I have way too many units.

image.png

I hate how they can climb over mountains.

image.png

Roy gains a critical and a level.

image.png

Ellen gains Magic.

image.png

Wolt-

Wow.

image.png

These guys start moving out right around the time I take out the last of the enemies near my group. I can only assume they're going after the village, which means we need to get there first.

image.png

It begins!

image.png

Too...

image.png

Many...

image.png

Enemies!

image.pngimage.png

Roy and Wolt level. Thanks to the enemy layout, Ellen isn't able to heal without getting attacked.

image.png

None of the bandit enemies have any chance to hit Roy. The mercenaries, on the other hand...

image.png

Finally, everything else is dead. Now, to tie up some loose ends and then take out the boss.

image.png

Roy and Wolt reach B support.

image.png

Ellen gains Magic. Only Magic.

image.png

Visiting the village gets a "Gant Lance". Nobody can use it right now, but I guess it'll be useful later on.

image.png

Is it just me, or does everyone have horribly low strength?

image.png

Wolt gains a nice level fighting the boss.

image.png

Roy doesn't do as well with his level.

Since Wolt just leveled up, and because of his high level, he didn't level again from finishing the boss, so no more level screenshots.

image.png

Before we go, we buy around twenty door keys. I doubt I'll ever need them, but I've never bought keys before, so why not take them along for when/if I need them?

image.png

We conquer the castle and complete the battle.

[spoiler=Chapter Five(Part Two)]

[spoiler=After Battle]image.pngimage.png

Suddenly, a wild Saul appears!

image.png

Would be nicer if you could actually help in battle.

image.png

I can only assume he's got a very important message that will cause insane plot-twists for the next several chapters.

image.png

Or not.

image.png

Wait, is it?

image.png

It is! It's a plot point!

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

image.png

This guy?

image.png

I still can't see it.

image.png

Yes, actually. It's used to unseal the magical blade that was used hundreds of years ago to slay the dragons and bring peace to the land.

What, can't a guy know something every once and a while?

image.png

Well, I'm just guessing, but, I assume you take the emblem to the room where the sword is being kept, hold it up, and watch it turn everything white for a few seconds.

Oh, and there's a poem you have to recite. Something about a Brave Sword that passes down knowledge from a Dragonstone...? I can never remember.

Trust a maniac to not do what you expect.

image.png

I miss blinking.

image.png

And then we recruit another Heal staff.

image.png

The chapter seriously just ends here.

[spoiler=Personal Notes]This chapter wasn't that bad. It was definitely better than last chapter, although I may just be upset about having to do it over.

Aside from the annoying bandits that kept trying to kill everybody, and the mercenary units, which had both high hit rates and good damage against both Roy and Wolt, everything went very smoothly.

I bought a ton of keys, as stated in the chapter. I just wish they'd sold some Chest Keys.

I think Roy is getting screwed on his strength, although from what I heard about Roy, it may just be normal for him to have absurdly low strength.

My keyboard is annoying me further. It's started showing signs of my "left" button not working, which is going to go very well with my barely-functioning "down" button.

If you get any of my references, feel free to post about it. I don't know why, but I felt like including a couple.

Oh my god, I pity your Roy and his abysmal strength.

But he averages like 12 at 20/--, so I guess you're not that far behind.

Noah should be good, although in my playthrough, I used him and he had like 13 Strength as a Paladin.

image.png

349453d8a17d4bdda2dc09b.png

Your Wolt is more or less average. Not particularly blessed or screwed in any area.

image.png

Zw5G7.png

Unfortunately your Roy is pretty badly strength and speed screwed. He has the strength of base level (1) Sain at level 19 xD

It doesn't matter though because soon enough Wolt, Noah, and Tate will be all you'll need!

image.png

Before we go, we buy around twenty door keys. I doubt I'll ever need them, but I've never bought keys before, so why not take them along for when/if I need them?

You will need door keys and chest keys if you don't want to miss out on a hefty sum of money. I'm pretty sure the gems and money in the chests comprise most of the money you earn in this game unless you're planning on doing some serious arena abuse. Aside from that some villages do give money, but I don't remember there being any storyline events that earn you money automatically.

[spoiler=Chapter Six(Part One)]

Disclaimer : Lucius isn't in this game.

Oh, and

Chapter Six : Start!

A few problems with this.

First, we haven't technically met this "Dorothy" person.

Second, that is a very long sentence.

Third, I don't have a third, but doesn't it look better if I pretend I do?

image.png

Which means he will be halfway useless, and then be killed half to death.

image.png

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

image.pngimage.png

And this is why you plan in your head, instead of out loud : People can hear everything you say.

Only I can hear your thoughts.

image.png

This guy is ugly. All bad guys are ugly. What's with that?

image.png

All bad guys also have red armor, too. Maybe the red armor slowly causes people to get more ugly?

So whenever we recruit an enemy, we're saving them from a Fate Worse Than Death : ugliness. No wonder they all join so easily.

Note : As a disembodied voice, I can call anybody anything and not be held responsible. Ha ha.

image.png

Because this plan has worked so well the last fifty times they tried it.

image.png

There's no point to this screenshot, but I'm posting it anyway.

image.png

That should be easy enough. You can't kill somebody that can't be deployed. Except Leila, but who cares about her? She wasn't even deployable!

image.png

image.png

Knowing how the enemy units work, "what they wish" would mostly include "dying painfully at the hands of".

image.png

image.png

And this is why you plan in your head, instead of out loud : People can hear everything you say.

image.png

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

image.png

This man knows what's up with the world. Nobody ever gets any breaks.

Not while Deathman is around!

image.png

Have you noticed how all of them are red?

image.png

Who are you again?

image.png

You should read this as sarcastically as possible.

image.png

This is not how you spy.

This is like, how an angel would spy.

image.pngimage.png

Later. That implies you'll be recruited this chapter, and stick around so that there'll be more time for conversation. Right?

image.pngimage.png

I already found that out by using my strange, vaguely defined psychic powers.

image.png

No, you can trust her. She's not ugly enough to be lying.

image.pngimage.png

Actually coming up with a plan better than "kill everything"? Roy for best Lord ever.

image.png

I'd like to point out the irony in the units that will be participating in this chapter.

I'd like to, but that would be as redundant as everything else this chapter.

image.pngimage.png

Okay, he fell for the trap. Can we get on with the chapter? I'm running low on room!

image.png

Seriously, can you please hurry this up?

image.png

Thank you, random evil guy!

image.png

Damn it, Roy! Stop saying cool-sounding lines that make me take more screenshots!

[spoiler=Chapter Six(Part Two)]

It was a pain, but we managed to get into a defensive position before the bulk of the enemy reached us.

image.png

Dorothy's Steel Bow is really going to help.

image.png

Urgh. Damn you, Roy!

image.png

At first I was worried she was going to steal all of the chest items before I could get to them, but then I remembered I don't have any chest keys, so I won't be getting to them either way.

image.png

Luckily, Wolt can actually injure these things.

Wasn't it just two or three chapters ago where Roy was the only one able to hurt Armor Knights while Wolt was completely useless?

image.png

I like Heal + Rescue + Drop.

image.png

Ellen levels. This time without Magic and with things that aren't Magic.

image.png

Ahhhh

Too many enemies

Again

image.png

Roy hits his max unpromoted level with an incredible nine strength.

image.png

Of course, I still have to use him, because Wolt can't handle everything on his own.

image.png

Wolt levels.

image.png

I was right. The Steel Bow really was helpful. Could use more durability, though.

image.png

Thanks to that last level, Roy can sort-of help kill the Armor Knights.

image.png

Wolt maxes out his unpromoted levels. Now nobody will be gaining any more experience.

image.png

Except Ellen.

image.png

Before we take on the boss, we clear out all the rooms and recruit Sue.

image.png

Roy and Wolt's support also becomes complete.

image.png

No, MY plan was flawless. Your plan absolutely sucked. And you're ugly. Or were ugly. Because you're dead.

image.png

And then we conquer this cas- throne. We're inside this time. We're conquering the throne. Yes.

[spoiler=After Battle]image.png

Boring! Skip!

image.pngimage.png

You should read this in the most annoyed tone possible.

I guess we know where we're going next chapter!

[spoiler=Personal Notes]This chapter wasn't so bad. I know the game is just trying to lull me into a false sense of security before next chapter, though. Even with level 20 Roy + level 20 Wolt + A Support, I have a feeling it's going to be very difficult.

Moving on to the daily complaint about my laptop, one of the sides where the screen half connects with the keyboard half (I'm very good at words) is coming apart, so I'll need to fix that.

Anyway, I'm not going to bother looking up the items I didn't get this chapter. I get the feeling it would only make me sad.

Unless I'm mistaken, Noah shows up next chapter, so at least I'll have somebody to give killing experience to. I get the feeling Ellen will be hitting level twenty soon.

Also, I didn't manage to talk with Cath, so her recruitment will have to wait a while. Not like it matters in the least.

As for my references, since nobody guessed anything, it would be nice of me to tell you what I was referencing and where. Instead, I threw in more. Though nobody's going to be able to guess what they are because I suck at hints.

I took way too many screenshots in this chapter. I couldn't even fit the opening + the battle into a single post! It's not actually a big deal, but my obsessive mind somehow makes me annoyed whenever I need to split an update.

Anyway, next chapter should be up tomorrow! Or whenever I manage to beat the stupid thing.

@Momentai~ Since I can't quote a quote

It's good to know Wolt is doing well, for the most part. He seems to preform better than Roy a lot of the time, but Roy can actually counter. I guess they're both evenly useful at the moment.

As for the chest keys, I plan to buy a couple dozen as soon as I'm able. No idea when that is, though.

This is actually being a good challenge.

I wonder how it would go without Ellen and using Lilina at level 1 gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

I get the feeling, although I can't be absolutely certain, that I would have a lot more restarts. Ellen has helped a lot, especially in situations where Roy or Wolt get left with only a few health, and a single hit will kill them. I went through that in one chapter, back in FE7, and I don't feel like repeating that.

Oh my god, I pity your Roy and his abysmal strength.

But he averages like 12 at 20/--, so I guess you're not that far behind.

Noah should be good, although in my playthrough, I used him and he had like 13 Strength as a Paladin.

As long as Noah gets more than base defense by level twenty, I don't think I'll mind too much. Although it would be nice if he got blessed in every single stat and maxed everything.

[spoiler=Chapter Seven(Part One)]

Chapter Seven : Start!

image.png

I told you we'd be going there this chapter.

image.png

How can you not tell at a glance that this guy's evil?

image.png

"Something", eh?

image.png

"...just like everywhere else Roy and his army went."

image.pngimage.png

Mercenary Knights? What? Is that a hybrid class? Why don't I have any of those?

image.pngimage.png

Just send somebody wearing blue armor up to them. They'll do whatever you want.

image.png

"Do you have any idea how expensive blue armor is?!"

image.png

And then he'll leave right afterword.

image.pngimage.png

I get the odd feeling that isn't going to work.

What's that feeling called, again?

Oh yeah. Common sense.

image.png

Oh, now this random boss is pulling a Midboss-Escape.

image.png

"Stay here and die while I run away!"

"Yes Sir!"

image.pngimage.png

I would say this is a good thing, because we can get more experience, but...

image.pngimage.png

And they shall not be forgiven.

image.pngimage.png

They're just going to get themselves killed.

image.png

See? Even the princess doesn't recognize that class.

image.pngimage.png

Urgh. Optimism.

image.png

Easier said than done.

image.pngimage.png

And suddenly, Noah.

You've jinxed the run.

Watch Noah get the almight Shin levels deluxe consisting of Hp/Skl/Luck/Res and nothing else.

Hush, you!

I predict his Noah will be blessed to compensate for Roy's extreme screwage.

[spoiler=Chapter Seven(Part Two)]

It turns out that Wolt has just enough strength to take out the Wyvern.

image.pngimage.png

And then we recruit Noah.

image.pngimage.png

These guys are dead. Since nobody ever said I had to keep everybody alive, I'm not resetting.

image.png

These guys are annoying.

image.png

Noah gets his first level.

image.png

Son of a-

image.png

Noah now has the same strength as Roy.

image.png

Ellen gains Magic. Also, Resistance. She's probably going to be a very good Magic-Tank later on.

image.png

According to a certain Awakening gameplay video, tanking with a healer is a great strategy. It seems to be working here, too.

image.png

Ahhhh

image.png

THIS IS NOT A SAFE STRATEGY

image.png

Noah

Don't be like this

image.png

Oh dear god

image.png

Roy is so useless right now

image.pngimage.png

WHY

image.png

Why did I want to do this?!

image.png

I hate these guys.

image.pngimage.png

WHHYYY

image.png

For some reason, the injured cavaliers that ran away aren't coming back, which is great for healing.

image.png

Die, you dastard.

image.png

She's so maxing Luck and Resistance.

image.png

This is getting old.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Villages.

We sell the Red Gem, the Elixir, the Torch Staff, and the Hero Crest. Everything else should actually be useful.

We buy three Iron Lances, two Steel Lances, three Javelins, two Iron and Steel Bows, three Iron Swords, two Heal and Mend staves, and three Chest Keys.

I would take screenshots instead, but all of this stuff got sent to Merlinus, who isn't on the map.

We're also completely broke now.

image.png

We move up to open the chests, and suddenly REINFORCEMENTS

image.png

Ellen heals and levels up. She also reaches ten Magic, which is pretty much what I was hoping for.

image.pngimage.png

We start putting our first Chest Key to good use.

image.png

This boss quote is relevant because Wolt actually was the one that killed all of them.

image.png

Roy gets the kill because he's one only one that can do more than one damage, and that's only with the Rapier.

This boss was actually pretty strong.

It's too bad he kept his one weakness sitting right outside his throne room.

image.png

Roy conquers the throne and this battle is over.

[spoiler=After Battle]image.png

Wait, all that work and we didn't actually do anything yet?

image.png

No you're not.

You're standing inside the castle.

Right now.

image.pngimage.png

I could have told you that!

image.png

What.

image.png

That tends to happen when the evil guy summons an army of end-bosses.

image.pngimage.png

Stop hyping them already. I killed one before. I get the idea.

image.png

And then we begin the second half of this battle.

[spoiler=Personal Notes]After I decided to let two of the new units get killed, this chapter become a bit easier.

Luckily, everybody became extremely good at dodging when sitting on forest tiles, so most of the time, nobody got hit.

Noah is not doing as well as I'd hoped he would, but at the moment, pretty much any unit that can damage enemies and level up is going to help. Plus, I finally have a unit that can attack both short and long ranged with the same weapon.

I'd been thinking the next chapter was one of the ones that needed to be done in under twenty turns, but I checked again, and apparently I'd just been mixed up. It should be a fairly easy chapter.

We've finally reached the end of where I've played before, so, from this point on, everything is new. Yay.

Also, the next chapter appears to have eight chests, which're going to take most of my Chest Key uses. Those things are way too expensive, and I don't know when I'll be able to get more. Maybe I should have waited before getting weapons this chapter.

Oh, my computer hasn't gotten any worse. In fact, the "left" button seems to be working fine now. Also, references. I didn't add any this time because. Or did I?

Hush, you!

I predict his Noah will be blessed to compensate for Roy's extreme screwage.

You...

You posted in the middle of...

Why would you...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You...

You posted in the middle of...

Why would you...

Umm, I'm sorry...

It's my fault that your Noah is getting screwed! I gave you bad karma by interrupting your post and wishing good things upon him!

edit:

I don't think you have to worry about your chest key supply for a while. iirc on the chapter before you'll need more of them next they sell chest keys.

Edited by Momentai~

Umm, I'm sorry...

It's my fault that your Noah is getting screwed! I gave you bad karma by interrupting your post and wishing good things upon him!

I don't think you have to worry about your chest key supply for a while. iirc on the chapter before you'll need more of them next they sell chest keys.

That's good. I don't really feel like running out of keys right before a promotion item or a statbooster.

With Zealot dead, he has to go to Sacae anyway if he wants the true ending.

Wait, what's that? What'd you say? Did I miss something? Have you guys been hiding something from me? WHAT'S GOING ON?!!!

Wait, what's that? What'd you say? Did I miss something? Have you guys been hiding something from me? WHAT'S GOING ON?!!!

Long story short, you need to get all the Divine Weapons to get the true ending. And you can't break any of them (or the Sword of Seals, for that matter), either.

Edited by Levant Fortner