Voice Choice

Strunk

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which voice option would you choose?

• I plan to use the English voices.
    • I plan to use the Japanese voices.
    • I plan to use both occasionally.
    • I plan to turn the voices off.

I don't think anything has been confirmed yet, but there is a rumor going around that Awakening may include both the original Japanese voices along with the English voices.

If this does end up being true, which voice set would you choose? Are there any reasons why you would choose one over the other?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English, most certainly. Japanese voices lower immersion for me (as I can't understand what they're saying), and those ludicrously high-pitched female voices I find extremely grating.

I will try both. I know enough Japanese to at least understand most of their grunts, but English will be my preferred choice since I understand it far more. If the English voices are to my liking, I would rather stick with those. Plus, I like the flavour that localizers bring to the script.

I'm definitely doing my first run with English voices (so I already know generally what they're saying), and I will definitely do a future run with Japanese if only to hear Tomokazu Sugita and Miyuki Sawashiro! ^_^

I'm gonna use the English voice actors, but I think I'll probably experiment with the Japanese voice actors at least once. And even if I don't, I can always watch one of the LP's of the game floating around YouTube to get a sense of what everything sounds like in weebaneese Japanese. We'll see what happens.

I'll play the English version with English voices first time through. I'm generally curious to the voice actors/actresses to the characters, as well as to find out who the hell JYB is voicing. XD

Then it's back to wapanese for me.

松嵜麗のオリヴィエが英語声版のオリヴィエより好きです。 それがもう決めたんです。

Well, there's also the cut-in collection I plan on making for this game with both voices.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'll record the B support in both voice options just so you can make an informed choice as soon as I speed run up to Chapter 11.

I'm gonna go with English thank you very much.

At least I can kind of understand it a little.

Depends on which one sounds better overall

Japan does have a thing with Daisuke Ono being Fred's voice actor (Same guy that voiced Sebastian from Black Butler so I'm biased) but if English has better overall voices I'd probably go with that since I can actually understand that

From what's released it doesn't sound like the English cast is terrible so I'm leaning towards English

Might switch to Japanese just when Fred's hitting things though

If they somehow get Samuel L. Jackson to voice Basilio I will go English and never come back.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I don't know yet. It depends on how good the english voices are. If they are at kid Icarus level I don't mind setting them to english. If the english voices completely suck then i'll change the to the Japanese ones.

Edited by Sasori