How many of you are excited of this new Fire Emblem release?

PuffPuff

Dunno. I think it could have to do with worries about - put piracy aside - sharing. Not sure, though. Aside from that, I'd say read the wikipedia article on region locking, but I don't think that a staggered launch seems to have much benefit "in and of itself."

It also could just be an organic result of the translation process. And presumably they do some product testing and stuff too - not just have a team of editors? Maybe in multiple regions. And then for EU, I assume they translate it into quite a number of languages aside from english frequently.

The only thing I can think of that would be genuinely beneficial is to stop a group from importing a different product cheaper from a country it has already been made cheaper in. For example, if Japan were to release a game in America that had more content than the Japanese one, with plans to release that exact same one in Japan like 8 months later. Then, so long as there are dual language options, it would be easier for someone in Japan to simply import it from America prior to getting it in Japan, since the time difference would have created opportunities to get it cheaper overseas than buying it new when it actually releases at home. It's very prevalent with DVD and BD sets, I think.

But I don't think that can really be applied here. So the only thing I'm left with is maybe a difference in ESRB (and equivalent) ratings. But even then I don't think that should be a standard for all games to hold them back. Ugh. Inefficiency sucks. :(

Then, so long as there are dual language options, it would be easier for someone in Japan to simply import it from America prior to getting it in Japan, since the time difference would have created opportunities to get it cheaper overseas than buying it new when it actually releases at home.

It would help alot as not all of us are able to get both versions English and Japanese because of the regional lockout. They could set it so that we can play the game in English (Dubbed), or Japanese with English Subtitles. As it is interesting to play through the game in both languages for the actual voices.

One thing that I always hate, more than having on a single language that you can't change in a game, are subtitles that can't be removed. Games like Kingdom Hearts piss me off so much for being stuck on at all times. They're so distracting.

So many cool games for 3ds this year:

Fire emblem kakusei

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

Pokemon Y and X

If lucky we'll also get Shin megami tensei 4.

Seeing as I only have Devil survivor overclocked, Tales of the Abyss and Zelda OoT, I could really use more games for my 3ds which I like never use.

The only thing I can think of that would be genuinely beneficial is to stop a group from importing a different product cheaper from a country it has already been made cheaper in. For example, if Japan were to release a game in America that had more content than the Japanese one, with plans to release that exact same one in Japan like 8 months later. Then, so long as there are dual language options, it would be easier for someone in Japan to simply import it from America prior to getting it in Japan, since the time difference would have created opportunities to get it cheaper overseas than buying it new when it actually releases at home. It's very prevalent with DVD and BD sets, I think.

But I don't think that can really be applied here. So the only thing I'm left with is maybe a difference in ESRB (and equivalent) ratings. But even then I don't think that should be a standard for all games to hold them back. Ugh. Inefficiency sucks. :(

What gets me about region locking is that it is applied to games that will be released in only one country. There are many games that will be released only in one country due to the cost of exporting, and if you want to play them then you are out of luck. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to play something that I am willing to pay for.

Edited by Makaze

YOU CAN'T PLAY THIS BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT JAPANESE

Isn't this racism or something?

Nintendo is racist. Sometimes. Like FE6 racist.

OUR GAMES ARE TOO GOOD FOR YOU. YOU WON'T LIKE OR UNDERSTAND THEM. WE KNOW BEST. DEAL WITH IT.

It's just like Sikamako's page. "Sorry, this page is for Sikamako only."

http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cabic508/rsf/

Now it says was, and there are app store links. Maybe you can buy his music or vids or something, but I don't have any idea how to use it atm. It might be just for selling his apps.

I really liked his old stuff, it was fun! But I thought the change to where I can't view any of it was funny as hell.

EDIT-Come to think of it, I don't know how to find any of Nigoro's games hosted by them/him, on their/his site, except La Mulana for PC/wii/etc (the new ver).

Edited by Mouse

Guess what?

Sumia's name stayed the same.

Can't wait for this game to come out!

Play Mother 3 now if you haven't. It's effing epic.

Edited by Katarina