Decisions, Decisions

Onestep

156 members have voted

1. 1. How will you play the game?

• I'm buying the game cartridge.
    • I'm buying the eshop download.
    • I'm buying the bundle, with the preinstalled game.
    • I'm buying the bundle and the cartridge.
    • I'm buying the eshop download and the cartridge.
    • I'm buying the bundle, the cartridge and the eshop download. Why yes, I do have too much disposable income.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cartridge only, since I don't really have any use for a second copy. Although I could get a streetpass with myself, I'll probably pass. :P

Cartridge. I prefer to have hard copies of all my games. Also, keeping hard copies of my games means they'll turn into collectors items sometime in the future.

Yes, we did have something like this... I started it. :P

And, c'mon, I would have added the bundle option had I known... but I didn't.

We didn't really expect NoA to surprise us like that, I suppose...

I'll probably just be getting the cartridge and download... and bundle - later. Not now. My parents wouldn't let me. :(

And no, I don't have too much disposable income... I'm just obsessed with Fire Emblem and am willing to irrationally spend lots of money on it. :P

Yes, we did have something like this... I started it. :P

And, c'mon, I would have added the bundle option had I known... but I didn't.

We didn't really expect NoA to surprise us like that, I suppose...

I'll probably just be getting the cartridge and download... and bundle - later. Not now. My parents wouldn't let me. :(

And no, I don't have too much disposable income... I'm just obsessed with Fire Emblem and am willing to irrationally spend lots of money on it. :P

I know, I know. I'm not blaming you for not having clairvoyance.

Well, I always thought that I'd be getting the esho download, but my love of actually having the cartridge in hand appears to have won out over my love of getting things as soon as possible and so I've preordered the game at videogamesplus. Now, they normally bring things across to the UK in no more than three days, but depending on how long they actually take this time, I might download the game too.

DON'T JUDGE ME I'VE BEEN HYPED FOR THIS FOR TOO LONG

I know, I know. I'm not blaming you for not having clairvoyance.

Well, I always thought that I'd be getting the esho download, but my love of actually having the cartridge in hand appears to have won out over my love of getting things as soon as possible and so I've preordered the game at videogamesplus. Now, they normally bring things across to the UK in no more than three days, but depending on how long they actually take this time, I might download the game too.

DON'T JUDGE ME I'VE BEEN HYPED FOR THIS FOR TOO LONG

Oh, I have clairvoyance! I just didn't want to tell you guys that the bundle would come out. You'd all have had heart attacks then. :P

Yeah... I won't judge you, since I'll be doing the same thing... just later.

I've been hyped for, like, a year, too, you know... but I have to wait another five months... 'til this school year ends...

You've been hyped for too long, you say? *sigh*

Bundle because I've always wanted that special 3DS ever since I first saw it like a year ago. x3 It's prettyful. Really nice shade of blue.

And also because I happen to not have a 3DS yet.

Bundle because I've always wanted that special 3DS ever since I first saw it like a year ago. x3 It's prettyful. Really nice shade of blue.

And also because I happen to not have a 3DS yet.

This~

but sadly that means I don't get to play the demo. otl

Bundle and cartridge for me of course! I even managed to worm my way around the fact that I don't have a 3DS to play the demo by using my brother's....it helps that he wanted to play it too. But now that I had a taste of it, waiting for the whole enchilada is gonna so much more tough... XD

Using the eShop because I have a US 3DS but I'm in Australia. I can't be assed to wait 5-10 days on express post so I'll just download it and have it within the day. When it comes out locally I'll buy that one, too.

eShop download since I live out in the Philippines. I was going to wait it out for the cartridge to get here, but my sister made a good point in that if we really wanted the physical, we could easily find a copy of it later on discount/second-hand in the stores here.

I'm really not sure what I'm doing. I do not own a 3ds right now so obviously that has to change to get the game. But I don't know what I want to do. I'm very interested in the bundle but the two issues are the fact the game is pre-installed rather than as a separate game. That concerns me a bit. One question I have is about the amount of memory. Although it comes with 4g of memory, can the system hold the game plus all it's dlc? Secondly I'm divided on the issue of normal 3ds vs 3ds xl. Does the screen size really make much difference? And how much of a problem is the battery life? I've only ever used the original DS, so if I was good with that screen size will I be good with the original 3ds? Personally I'm leaning towards the Fire Emblem bundle since it looks nice, the 3ds won't be my main game platform, and I need a 3ds to play Fire Emblem so I might as well get the bundle.

I'm really not sure what I'm doing. I do not own a 3ds right now so obviously that has to change to get the game. But I don't know what I want to do. I'm very interested in the bundle but the two issues are the fact the game is pre-installed rather than as a separate game. That concerns me a bit. One question I have is about the amount of memory. Although it comes with 4g of memory, can the system hold the game plus all it's dlc? Secondly I'm divided on the issue of normal 3ds vs 3ds xl. Does the screen size really make much difference? And how much of a problem is the battery life? I've only ever used the original DS, so if I was good with that screen size will I be good with the original 3ds?

1) 4gb of memory can hold the game and all its DLC. The full game alone is 800mb; the DLC combined will be less than that. I have entire games--voices, maps, code, all of it--which take up a fraction of the space. For reference, Professor Layton: Miracle Mask is ~600mb,

2) I own a 3DS XL personally because I'm now an old man with old man eyes. However, my sister has the Zelda 3DS, regular size, and has no problems with it.. My suggestion is to, if you can, go to your local store and ask if you can hold and try both sizes. Also, it helps to think about what you value more--portability or screen-size--and how you intend to use the 3DS--mostly at home or on transit. If you were good with the original DS, I see no reason why you wouldn't find the regular 3DS compatible.

3) I've never found battery life to be a problem, though I notice it goes from 3/4 to 1/4 bars REALLY QUICKLY but stays at 4/4 bars for a really long period of time. If you're going to be out all day playing the entire time, bring a charger. That said, I think the iPhone4S has a worse battery life (for point of reference).

Personally I'm leaning towards the Fire Emblem bundle since it looks nice, the 3ds won't be my main game platform, and I need a 3ds to play Fire Emblem so I might as well get the bundle.

I think that sounds best also. When you aren't playing with it, it can be a nice decoration piece, haha!