[FE8] Wacky Reclass Draft

13th

Yeah this was too good.

We shall be doing a reclassing draft. Except lords will be reclassed. And genderspecific classes don't matter.

We shall also make Ross, Ewan, and Amelia basic classes instead of trainees.

This a weird thing that I've had the idea for for a while, but never got around to doing it. Basically, this is one of those funky reclass drafts that happen on the DS games, except on FE8. And lords and thieves and stuff like that all reclass, and males reclass to female only classes like pegs, and etc. We'll all be playing off of the same rom for the record (so Cormag is an Archer for everyone, not just the person who drafted him), so consider that. The classes avaliable are equal to the number of that class in the original game. Eirika and Ephraim are reclassed to Mercenary and Mage, respectively, by rng and Seth to SM to remove 1-2 range, and Tethys and Myrrh retain their original classes. Units will have their inventories modified to match their new class (if you have a steel axe, expect a steel bow, if you have a hand axe expect a longbow, etc. Thieves get a lockpick thrown in on top of it). Weapon ranks change to fit the new class, while growths and character bases remain the same. Eirika and Ephraim get boosts to their bases so that they don't suck. They'll mostly focus on their original strong points (Ephraim Str and Def, Eirika Skl and Spd). Drafting will be done in a normal fashion for the units, but a SOYO style for classes. I think that's everything but if you have more questions just ask.

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players.

2. Eirika/Ephraim, Seth, Orson, Tethys, and Myrrh are free for all to use.

3. The game will be played on Hard Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.

3. Map shopping is allowed.

4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.

5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions

If any of Gilliam, Moulder, Franz, or Vanessa fly, they may rescue ross without penalty.

Teams:

ZM: Peg Knight Moulder, Priest Ross, Eph!Neimi, Mage Knight Innes, Knight Natasha, Paladin Syrene, Thief LAracha

13th Priest Gilliam, Thief Lute, Cav!Colm, Cavalier!Gerik, Archer Ewan, Paladin Dozla, Peg Knight Marisa

Corellon Archer Franz, Knight Vanessa, Monk Kyle, Mage Forde, Fighter Knoll, Assassin Saleh, Peg Knight Amelia

BBM MyrmGarcia, EirikaArtur, PirateJoshua, FighterTana ShamanCormag, GeneralDuessel, Wyvern Knight Rennac

Edited by 13th

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I think that Ephraim should focus on MAG and RES instead of MAG and DEF. Though I'm fine with thwomp Mage Eph, lol.

I took the liberty of seeing how many of each class we can assign:

EirikaLord: 1

Cavalier: 4

Knight: 2

Pegasus Knight: 3

Priest/Cleric: 2

Journeyman: 1

Fighter: 1

Archer: 2

Thief: 2

Monk: 1

Mage: 1

Myrmidon: 1

EphraimLord: 1

Recruit: 1

Mercenary: 0

Troubadour: 1

Pirate: 1

Pupil: 1

Wyvern Rider: 1

Shaman: 1

I don't know how it's going to work with the trainees. If people want you can replace those with appropriate first-tier options. I also made Duessel count for the Knight path instead of the Cavalier path because I felt there were enough Cavalier slots. I also deducted one slot from Merc, Mage, and Myrmidon, since Eirika, Ephraim, and Seth, respectively, will take those automatically. So Merc is the new Lord class gg.

Edited by Thomas Raith

Simple for ease of making a patch i would say use normal t1 classes in place of trainees

i would suggest

for realism

amelia-cav

ross-fighter

ewan-mage

for variety

amelia-knight

ross-pirate

ewan-shaman

Edited by Corellon Larethian

Alright then.

Here is RNG for order

There were 4 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Timestamp: 2013-01-22 22:31:10 UTC

So we have ZM, then me, then Corellon, then BBM.

I vote we put the trainees in whichever class has fewer slots. So Shaman Ewan, Knight Amelia, and either on Ross. Probably Fighter because more than 1 zerker is OP.

No. It was Corellon's.

There were 4 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Timestamp: 2013-01-22 22:31:10 UTC

So we have ZM, then me, then Corellon, then BBM.

Edited by 13th