Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

Kiria's appearance might have just been changed for the Karaoke game, then? I thought it odd she might have been altered so close to release, after being shown in that costume so often in past advertisements.

...Also, what karaoke game? This is the first I've heard of that.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiria's appearance might have just been changed for the Karaoke game, then? I thought it odd she might have been altered so close to release, after being shown in that costume so often in past advertisements.

According to Persona Central and a couple other places, the outfit revision is for the main game.

Kind of random, but this just keeps coming to my mind. It's been bugging me all the way back since Awakening was first announced and revealed to be a part of the Akaneia sag. I really thought more people have played Marth's game. Since Navarre' reveal, all I've been seeing all over the internet are a bunch of people asking who Navarre is and what his is story because they haven't played the Akaneian games. And this includes FE players as well. It doesn't seem to matter what site i'm on whether it's gamefaqs, neogaf, 4chan, tumblr, hell, even here on serenesforest. It seems like only a handful of American players have even played the games.

Why is this?

Edited by Jagen

Er I think that's because Shadow Dragon isn't a well known game and it didn't get any advertisement from what I recall. When I first saw it at a store my first thought was "wait there's a new Fire Emblem?" and quite frankly it's the same case with Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. These games were just released at bad times (PoR end of gamecube's life cycle and RD released around Super Mario Galaxy). Also this is just a personal opinion, but I feel like the cover for Shadow Dragon was a bad choice like if Marth was on it then people who have played the Smash games would have been tempted to get it if they saw it in stores as they would finally have the chance to play the game that stars one of the characters they recognize.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

The livestream is over, I think I missed the first half and saw the remaining of the livestream on a restream.

[spoiler=Just in case]Nothing special gameplay-wise from what I could understand, they've shown some ingame items, like a camera, the t-shirt Barry is wearing...

Then, I was really impressed by the voice actors doing their character lines on the spot and switching voice instantly, and Minase-san singing "Feels".

The stream ended with the last song we haven't heard yet, with Tsubasa and Kiria, it was pretty awesome, really liked it.

Edit :

Hopefully, it won't be taken down. Source

Edit2 : Higher quality on Niconico.

Edited by Avk

Also theres been tons of streams of the game on Twitch, people have been recording all the gameplay stuff, which from what I've seen, works more akin to Digital Devil Saga and traditional SMT, with some FE styled things in the mix.

It's a shame only a handful of people will even give this game a chance. Idol aesthetic aside, it looks solid from a gameplay perspective and the music is great.

Boss theme When they said they were combining Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei, they meant the music from SMT edit: whoops, this is already linked above :p

I knew this game was going to bomb, but I hoped it would have done decently enough to warrant a sequel with characters from other fire emblems and a different theme that isn't the entertainment industry, but that probably won't happen now. :(

​

Edited by SilverPants

This is only at one store though. I don't know how big it is but it could be doing better at other retailers.

Hopefully that's true. If it's not doing well overall, this could become another Disaster Day of Crisis (mixed with some of that near non-localization of the original Xenobalde Chronicles).

I wanted to do a thread about this subject, but I'm waiting for Media Create/Famitsu numbers to come out. But since the topic has been brought up, the sales previsions aren't great. Would some of you be interested in discussing about how the game is performing once the first numbers will come out ?

Here's the battle theme since I didnt see anyone posting it:

Actually, I dit post it here in the Media section. There is also one of the boss battle theme (which is pretty good too, but I think I like the other better, but didn't find any link for it yet).

• 2 weeks later...

Something I noticed in the opening video... at the part where you see Kiria performing on screen, it looks like they didn't edit her costume, and just stuck one of those silhouette NPCs in front of it to obscure the costume differences.

KclljV6.jpg

So... I imagine the change was rushed late in development.

I'm still wondering why. I've always been interested in regional and prerelease changes, and the reasoning behind this one is hardly clear, so the question keeps bugging me. But I suppose there's no use speculating, and not much chance of finding an answer unless we see some interviews or something down the line, so...