Genei Ibun Roku #FE General Informations Thread (+ spoilers ?)

Avk

I'm trying to gather as much informations as possible about the game, and I thought that doing a summary here would be a good idea. However I don't own the game, so my main source of informations will mosty be streams.

I'll also try to keep spoilers in an appropriate section so people wanting to avoid them can still consult the thread.
Any contribution will be greatly appreciated (whether new informations, translations, corrections, or better way to organize the sections, etc..), and I will try to keep this updated as much as possible.
I'll also try to answer questions the best I can, but if you have really specific ones, I suggest you to ask here instead.

I think it's mostly done for now, I'll still add and fix some things here and there, but probably no big updates.

Changelog (only the last 5 updates) :

01/08 - Finished all characters Special skills, only missing thing is components for Weapon creation, but I don't really think that's useful to add, so no update on that for now. Also added a precision for skill-stacking.

01/10 - Added some precisions for Duo Art in 4.1. Skills. Fixed a few things in Skills/Weapons lists. Oh, also another boss battle theme added in 5.2. Media (there is at least still 2 missing, one for the final boss and another one I can't find, a shame since it's one of my favorites).

01/12 - Added a bunch of animated cutscenes in S3. Cutscenes.

01/30 - Added Lunatic mode and new game+ infos, thanks to nocturnal YL for his review of the game.

03/23 - Added a link with more precisions about Duo Arts in 4.1. Skills, once again courtesy of nocturnal YL.

Table of Contents

[1. General informations]

[1.1. Main Cast]

[2. Side Story]

[3. Equipment]

[4. Combat system]

[4.1. Skills]

[4.2. Session]

[4.3 Additional informations]

[5. Extras]

[5.1 toi8 art]

[5.2. Media]

[s0. Spoilers]

[s1. Full cast]

[s2. Trivia]

[s3. Cutscenes]

[s4. Chapter bosses]

[s5. Weapon list] (complete)

[s6. Skill list] (complete)

[Credits]

[1. General informations]

Gameplay wise, the game is very close to SMT/Persona games. Don't expect a Tactical-RPG like Fire Emblem.

There are 20 save slots.
4 difficulty modes, Easy / Normal / Hard / Lunatic. From what I've seen, the game is pretty challenging even in Normal mode. Lunatic mode is unlocked after you clear the game once.

There is a new game+ option, but you can't use it for Lunatic (only the first time ?). What is transferred is listed here and here.

[spoiler=New game+ recap]Mostly repeating what nocturnal YL said :

A mention of new game+ file and your play time is conserved.

Information on everything unlocked previously (enemy infos, carnage and radiant unity infos, achievements and the trophies, arena rank...)

All items available in the shops from the beginning.

Posters and outfits.

Movie viewer.

Optional :

Level.

Money, items, accessories, weapons.

Stage rank and skills.

Maps.

New content :

2 high level requests.

New arena difficulty (Legendary)

The game is divided in multiple chapters, starting from the Prologue, and with an Intermission between each Chapter.
Loading times are apparently better in the digital version. Source

You can save at any moment (well, not in battle), no savepoints. Don't forget to save before facing Wild Enemies, I mean it (or bring Smoke Bombs).

There is an auto and a skip function for dialogues.

Level-up stats are randomized (confirmed myself).

Dungeons aren't randomized.

Mirages can be promoted after a certain point in the game and the promotion requires a Master Proof.

The function TOPIC in the Gamepad serves to communicate with other party members, to progress in the main story, or during Side Story.

[1.1 Main Cast]

A lot of informations is available in-game about the whole cast of main characters, including some non-playable. I won't go much into detail since I'm actually bad at describing, and to avoid spoilers (I may improve this section later).

Also, if you want more informations about the voice actors, I invite you to consult this thread.

Aoi Itsuki / VA: 木村 良平 Kimura Ryouhei

The main protagonist of the game, a young high schooler, and the character you'll be playing as. His partner is Chrom (VA: 杉田 智和 Sugita Tomokazu).

Oribe Tsubasa / VA: 水瀬 いのり Minase Inori

Classmate and childhood friend of Itsuki. She dreams of becoming an idol. Her partner is Shiida (VA: 早見 沙織 Hayami Saori).

Akagi Touma / VA: 小野 友樹 Ono Yuki

Classmate and friend of Itsuki. He dreams a becoming a Hero and starring in a Hero show (not really familiar with this, sorry). His partner is Cain (VA: 増田 俊樹 Matsuda Toshiki).

[2. Side Story]

These mostly correspond to side quests in other games.

You'll learn more about the characters by doing them. Some will requires you to get items from the "Hydrasphere" ("イドラスファイア", I know most sites translate it by "Idolsphere", but it is wrong in my opinion, not that "Hydrasphere" is absolutely correct, but it sounds closer to the real pronunciation "idorasufaia").).

You will be able to obtain new skills via these side stories, mostly Special skills.

[3. Equipment]

There is only 3 equipment slots. One for your weapon. One for an accesory. And the last one for the costume.

The costumes are only cosmetic, appear only in battle, but don't have any effect.

Accesories can be obtained in the shop Jewelry Carabia "ジュエリーカラビア". These give you bonus stats, etc..

Weapons can be obtained by creating new ones via the option Carnage Unity at the Bloom Palace. Your Coordination Power (Attack power ?), Resistances and Weaknesses are tied to the weapon you have currently equipped. The skills you learn also depend on the weapon equipped (system similar to the Final Fantasy Tactics game).

You can learn up to 5 skills per weapon, but the fifth one isn't available until a certain point in the game.

Carnage Unity simply consists in giving the required items to Tiki at the Bloom Palace, so she'll create new weapons.

[4. Combat system]

The system is mostly inspired by SMT combat system.
Each characters and enemies have different elemental resistances/weaknesses.
Resistance/Weaknesses are : Weak "" / Neutral / Resist "" / Null "" / Absorb "" / Repel "".
The elements are : Sword "" / Lance "" / Axe "" / Bow "" / Fire "" / Ice "" / Electricity "" / Force " (wind)" / Holy / Darkness.
Your skills/spells will most of the time belong to one of these elements, with the exception of buffs/debuffs, almighty element, healing spells...

Your characters resistances/weaknesses are tied to the Weapon they are currently using.

Keep in mind that your characters as well as enemies follow the FE Weapon Triangle. Itsuki which use a sword will be weak to lance. Enemies like Pegasus Knights will be weak against axes, bows and wind magic.

This is an easy way to find weaknesses and resistances for some enemies, as well as which type of attacks they will be using just by taking a look at their appearance.

During combat, you will be able to earn additional money and also "Stardom" which are used in Carnage Unity by doing successful Session combo.

[4.1. Skills]
These are divided into 4 main categories :
Command skills, skills or spells you'll use in battle under the command "Skill". You can only have 6 at a time.
Session skills, these trigger automatically when you trigger a Session combo. You can only have 6 at a time.
Passive skills, skills giving diverse passive bonuses. You can only have 6 at a time.
Special skills, these includes diverses skills, including some Passive ones (not restricted by the Passive skills slot limit), Special Performances, Ad lib Performance and Duo Arts. More precisions just below.

Command skills, Session skills, and Passive skills can be learned by gaining experience. These are also tied to your weapon, you'll be able to learn 5 skills per weapon, the fifth one only unlockable after upgrading your weapon to a +1 version, also allowing you to relearn all the previous skills.

Most of the Special skills are linked to either your Stagerank, that you can rank up by doing Session combos, or to the Side Stories.

Special Performances are found along with the Command skills under the command "Skill" and spend your Special Points (SP). They have strong effects, like damaging all your enemies while healing you at the same time, etc... and can turn the battle in your favor if you are struggling.

Ad lib Performances happen at random, replacing the skill you're currently using by the ad lib one. These are stronger and have various effects in addition to changing the animations.

Duo Arts can be used during a Session combo. Whether they appear or not and which ones appear is random. You'll be able to choose one between the 2 proposed, after triggering them, once the Session combo ends, the duo art will happen, doing additionnal damages and prolonging the Session if possible (all characters can re participate in Session except the ones performing in the duo art).

Duo Arts can happen twice in a row, prolonging a Session twice.

More about Duo Arts here (Warning, slight spoilers).

You earn Special skills by progressing during the main story, doing Side Story, gaining stagerank, after promotion...

You'll have to go to the Bloom Palace, and ask Tiki to perform Radiant Unity, then choose which Special skill you want to unlock.

You are able to learn multiple times the same skill (Command, Session and Passive), if you get a skill while already owning it, the skill will become a +1 version. The effects are currently unknown (more power ?).

Example : Itsuki already has Zio. Your new weapon also gives you Zio, so your Zio skill will become Zio+1.

[4.2. Session]
Session is the new mechanic specific to the game, whenever you hit a weakness with a skill/spell, you'll trigger a Session if the conditions are met (more on that below), other members of the party will be able to follow up with an attack or a spell. At first only the active party members are able to participate in Session, but you can unlock a Special skill allowing them to participate even while in Sub Cast.

Session is not limited to the player, enemies can also use the Session system.
Attacks using the "Attack" command do NOT trigger Session, only skills/spells do.

Special skills (including Ad lib performances) always trigger Session, whether you hit a weakness or not (needs confirmation).
A character can only participate once in a Session unless the Session is continued by a Duo Art, then all characters except the ones doing the Duo Art are able to re participate in the Session.

During combat, you will be able to earn additional money and also "Stardom" which are used in Carnage Unity by doing successful Session combo. Doing Session combos also contributes to increase your Stagerank, unlocking new Special skills.

How does Session work :
You hit an enemy weakness with a skill/spell of X element.
If any party member have a session skill following up the X element, one of them will trigger the Session attack, with a skill/spell of element Y (which may be the same as X).
After that first Session attack, if another party member have a session skill following up the Y element, they'll trigger a Session attack with a skill/spell of Z element (which may be the same as X or Y).
Repeat until the chain ends.

Session skills are as follow : X追のY.
X here is the element that session skill will trigger after.
Y is the name of the skill/spell that session attack will use, which will tell you which element this skill/spell is (or you can just look at the icon).

Example :
Tsubasa uses ザン (Zan, "" Force/Wind) on an enemy weak to Force.
Kiria follows up with the Session skill 追のブリザー "Following (追) Force/Wind (), Blizzard (ブリザー)" ("" Ice).
Itsuki follows up with the Session skill 追の一閃 "Following (追) Ice (), Flash (一閃)" ("" Sword).
The translation are a little off, but I think he may be easier to remember that way.

[4.3 Additional informations]

Stats are mostly the same as in the Fire Emblem games. HP / EP / Strenght / Magic / Skill / Speed / Defense / Resistance / Luck. The luck stat isn't a number and fluctuates (may be influencing level up stats gain ?).

You can switch between active members during their turn without ending the turn, except Itsuki who can't leave the active party.

Buffs (-kaja) and Debuffs (-unda) skills affect the whole party and all enemies respectively.

You can use the "X" button to hit mirages before they reach you to stun them. If you enter in contact with them while they're still stunned, you may be granted Avantage during the fight (1 character will have a free turn).

Stronger mirage encounters are visible. They appear in black/golden cloaks compared to the usual red ones (the black ones are called Wild Enemies). These can't be stunned by hitting them, they are only pushed back.

Wild Enemies are REALLY stronger than the normal ones. I've seen them kill the whole party with 2 skills.

New status ailment "Zombie", makes the character lose HP each turn, attack allies and affecting them with "Zombie", and prevents them from participating in Session.

During combat, gamepad screen keeps track of enemies's HP/EP remaining, skills they possess, stats, resistance/weakness.

There is an arena in the game where you can fight successively multiple groupes of mirages to earn special items (for Radiant Unity for example).

[5. Extras]

[5.1 toi8 art]

Some may be missing, mostly taken from Fire Emblem's official twitter. Awesome art.

[spoiler=Huge images]image001.jpgCXHP67nUQAE3GND.jpgimage002.jpg

CDLLe1pW4AA18si.jpgCHrqDFuUsAApFeI.jpg

CQsgSdxUAAAsUdY.jpgCRbBI8TUsAAZ20X.jpgCR-vv3NVAAA3YyT.jpgCSjE8nPUcAAcsgG.jpgCTHJ-FFUYAE__ay.jpgCUPQ8q7VAAAVumD.jpgCUzORUdUcAAoFdl.jpgCVSr0xGUEAA1xK0.jpgCXDleUkUQAADs8X.jpgCW-Tn7lUoAAGuBJ.jpg

CXFHrRgUQAAg8-W.jpg

[5.2 Media]

Niconico Livestream 12/17/2015 with with Ryouhei Kimura (Itsuki), Inori Minase (Tsubasa) and Kaori Fukuhara (Mamori)

Full version of the songs (and on Youtube) (Spoilers)

[spoiler=Battle Theme]

[spoiler=Boss Battle Theme 1]

[spoiler=Boss Battle Theme 2]

[spoiler=Boss Battle Theme 3]

[s0. Spoilers]

Most things that fall under spoilers will be there.

[s1. Full cast]

Including mirages's promotions.

Bolded stats indicates that stat gets a bigger boost for that promotion compared to the other. (Need to reconfirm Chrom's, but it should be accurate)

Scans from the official guide by HusbandoIke.

Aoi Itsuki/Chrom (Lord)

Great Lord (+HP, +EP, +Str, +Mag, +Skl, +Spd, -Def, +Res) /// Conqueror (+HP, +EP, +Str, +Mag, +Skl, +Spd, +Def, -Res)

Oribe Tsubasa/Shiida (Pegasus Knight)

Falcon Knight (+HP, +EP, +Str, +Mag, +Skl +Spd, +Def, +Res) /// Dracoknight (+HP, -EP, +Str, +Mag, +Skl, +Spd, +Def)

Akagi Touma/Cain (Social Knight)

Paladin (+HP, +EP, +Str, -Spd, +Def, +Res) /// Dark Knight (+HP, +EP, +Str, +Mag, -Spd, +Def, +Res)

Kurono Kiria/Tharja

Sage "賢者" ( +HP, +EP, +Str, +Skl, +Spd, +Def, +Res) /// Sorcerer (+HP, +EP, +Str, +Mag, +Skl, +Spd, +Def).

Minamoto Mamori/Draug

General (+HP, +EP, +Str, +Mag, +Skl, +Spd, +Def, +Res) /// Berserker (+HP, +EP, +Str, +Mag, +Skl, +Spd, +Def, +Res)

Yumizuru Eleonora/Virion

Sniper (+HP, +EP, +Str, +Mag, +Skl, +Def, +Res) /// Assassin (+HP, +EP, +Str, +Mag, +Spd, +Def, +Res)

Tsurugi Yashiro/Navarre

Swordmaster /// Hero

[s2. Trivia]

Anna appears twice. One as a regular saleswoman at the Hee Haw Mart. The other as a mysterious seller that only appear to Mirage Masters, also in the Hee Haw Mart.

Ilyana is a waitress in a cafe. (I think, if someone can give their impression to confirm this, that would be appreciated, here at 2h53min09s)

Aimee is the shopkeeper of the accessory shop. (Same as above)

Tiki weights around 3GB.

The shops refers to multiple demons of the SMT series, there's Hee Haw Mart referring to Jack Frost famous expression, Jewelry Carabia, from the demon Decarabia, and Uzume Lesson Studio, referring to Uzume. There's also Café Seiren, referencing the Sirens.

About characters's names :

Aoi is a reference to the blue (青い) hair of the lords of the FE series. Itsuki being the main character, and as such, the Lord for this game.

Tsubasa means wings (翼), is reference to her link with Shiida, a Pegasus Knight.

Akagi, with "Aka" (赤) being a reference to Cain, the Red cavalier.

Kurono, "Kuro" (黒) meaning Black, is a reference to her partner, the Black Mage Tharja.

Yumizuru, "Yumi" (弓) is a Bow, referencing her status as an Archer, along with Virion.

Mamori's name, being close to "守る", which means to protect, is fitting for an Armor Knight.

Yashiro's last name, Tsurugi, literally means Sword (剣).

[s3. Cutscenes]

All songs cutscenes

(the part before still missing)

Chrom's purification (to be added)

Kiria's first live "Reincarnation" (46min52s)

Facing Aversa (3h15min15s)

[s4. Chapter bosses]

[spoiler=Prologue]Garrick/Gojyuin Teru

[spoiler=Chapter 1]Aversa/Oribe Ayaha

[spoiler=Chapter 2]Gangrel/Horinozawa Nobu

[spoiler=Chapter 3]Draug/Barry Goodman

[spoiler=Chapter 4]Excellus/Tarachino Kuen + Navarre/Tsurugi Yashiro

[spoiler=Chapter 5]

[spoiler=Chapter 6]Gharnef

Medeus

Edited by Avk

I'll try to put the kanji for the skill and weapon names just in case anyone want to proof read me. Normally all the katakana ones are correct, so I won't put them most of the time.

[s5. Weapon list] Complete (except some untranslated names, and crafting compenents missing)

Link (spoiler obviously)

[s6. Skill list] Complete (but with bad translations)

Link (spoiler obviously)

[Credits]

Serenes Forest, well mostly the analysis of other peoples on this very section of the forum, and also VincentASM reports about the game.

#FE official website

Fire Emblem's official twitter

Neogaf's Import Official thread for informations and inspiration.

Contributions

SoulRWR correction about Force/Wind.

Big Klingy pointing me out Flux.

HusbandoIke, huge thanks for sharing scans of the official guide.

nocturnal YL, check out his review of the game.

aubergine, huge thanks for helping with the translations, also doing a translation project for FE Cipher TCG.

Edited by Avk

Just checked,

. Even if I'm not that great at japanese, which I'll be the first to admit, I'm still not really convinced, because katakana pronunciation isn't really really ambiguous for "イ".

"idolsphere" or "idolasphere" would have been respectively "アイドルスファイア" and "アイドラスファイア". The only thing that could be interpreted differently is the "ドラ", which could be "dola", "dora", "dla", "dra".

But if they indeed localize this as "Idolsphere", I'll gladly change it.

Edited by Avk

Do you happen to know what the characters starting weapons are?

Hmm... Added them to the [s5. Weapon List], some may be missing though.

Edit : Added for the 4 first party members.

I thought about arranging S5. and S6. that way (no spoilers, just an idea of template) :

[s5. Weapon List]

Itsuki/Chrom

weapon1, elemental affinity (resistance/weakness)

skill 1, skill 2, skill 3, skill 4

weapon2, elemental affinity

Tsubasa/Shiida

weapon1, elemental affinity

and so on

and so on

[s6. Skill List]

Itsuki/Chrom

[spoiler=Command skills]Skill1, short description

weapons the skill is available on

[spoiler=Session skills]Session1, short description

[spoiler=Passive skills]Passive1, short description

weapons the passive is available on

[spoiler=Special skills]I don't really know how to organize this one, since these skills can be acquired in many ways, still, listing them would be a good start

Tsubasa/Shiida

[spoiler=Command skills]Skill1, short description

[spoiler=Session skills]Session1, short description

[spoiler=Passive skills]Passive1, short description

weapons the passive is available on

[spoiler=Special skills]ditto

and so on

Any opinion appreciated.

However, these sections aren't in high priority for me right now. Especially the skill list since I'm far from being proficient enough in japanese to be able to recognize and translate the kanji quickly and accuratly enough (I probably can, but the translation won't be really good, and it'll take me really long) .

I wanted to include the materials required to craft each weapons, but tbh, these are usually easy to see, since they put a portrait of the mirages possessing the required items, plus stardom via session.

Eventually, I suppose it should be included, along with a [s7. Monster list] but... I think there is already enough to complete before adding these.

Is Force (Zan) not Wind (Garu).

Ah thanks, I knew there was a difference, but I'm not that familiar with Zan. Plus "風" for the Session skills didn't help, I think I'll still let Wind next to Force to make so that remains coherent.

I appreciate this threads existence, thanks for all your hard work keeping up with the various streams!

Thanks, I'm kind of in an information craze following the release of the game, so I just wanted to put that to use since I now joined the forum. I was the same before FE if release but there was much more interest, and more qualified people finding things about the game at that time, and I was just lurking back then.

Also, just added a link with full version of each songs. Found it here, if you're interested in more impressions and other stuff surrounding the game, I invite you to consult it regularly. Also some other things.

Edited by Avk

Watched a little more of a stream, the only one I could find that was past Chapter 4. Seemed to mostly be doing sidequests so I'm not sure what Chapter 5 entails, but...

Abel appears to be the boss of a Toma sidequest, and not part of the main story. He interacts with Cain though, which is nice.

Other sidequest bosses include Phila (Tsubasa sidequest, appears to be a quasi-Aversa pallete swap), and Bord & Cord (Kiria sidequest, similar to Garrick)

Dont' know if this is worth mentioning, but there's a sidequest where Kiria reveals she actually likes cute things, hinted at in the main story when she has to sing Barry Goodman's favourite cutesey anime theme song to get though a barrier in his dungeon.

Sidequest with "Tiki Waifu P" involves saving her from Shibuya 106, and unlocks a new Backup Ability for Tiki, the tutorial hints that Maiko and Barry get Backup Abilities from sidequests too.

Watched a little more of a stream, the only one I could find that was past Chapter 4. Seemed to mostly be doing sidequests so I'm not sure what Chapter 5 entails, but...

Abel appears to be the boss of a Toma sidequest, and not part of the main story. He interacts with Cain though, which is nice.

Other sidequest bosses include Phila (Tsubasa sidequest, appears to be a quasi-Aversa pallete swap), and Bord & Cord (Kiria sidequest, similar to Garrick)

Dont' know if this is worth mentioning, but there's a sidequest where Kiria reveals she actually likes cute things, hinted at in the main story when she has to sing Barry Goodman's favourite cutesey anime theme song to get though a barrier in his dungeon.

Sidequest with "Tiki Waifu P" involves saving her from Shibuya 106, and unlocks a new Backup Ability for Tiki, the tutorial hints that Maiko and Barry get Backup Abilities from sidequests too.

[spoiler=Diverse sidequests spoilers]Oh, didn't know about these mirages, except from Abel. I'm mostly catching up now, most streams I've seen are still in the early parts of the game, Episode 2-3.

Seeing that, I suppose Lon'qu might also be in a sidequest for Yashiro.

Saw that for Kiria, seeing her in the mascot cat suit was quite hilarious imo. Also saw the first 2 sidequests for Tiki and TikiismywaifuP. Didn't know about that adding support skills, thanks.

Could you link the channels you're watching ? They may be of use to add some more infos.

Edited by Avk

Correction to my earlier post, the sidequest boss for Tsubasa I saw was

Pheros, not Phila. At least I'm pretty sure.

The stream I saw was http://www.twitch.tv/moppa1028however, they don't archive their streams. Given that they had Tsurugi in their party, I'd presume they were past Chapter 4. Their levels looked to be 45-50.

A few random skill tidbits I can remember:

Some streamer saw Megido as a Carnage Unity skill, so the Almighty spell line probably exists.

Though this is probably common-knowledge, Fire Emblem elemental spells like Blizzard exist in addition to SMT versions like Bufu. The FE ones seem to be mostly Session Skills.

Light and Dark, from what I've seen, don't work the way they usually do in SMT, I havent's seen Hama or Mudo at all. It's possible they still exist but are late-tier spells though, since weakness/resistance to Light and Dark is treated as kind of a big deal. (Only 2 playable Mirages seem to have it, and it grants an additional weakness) I THINK I've seen either Flux or Mire (this is weird, Flux is "Mir" in Japanese and Mire is "Slime", but I swear I saw "Mire" in katakana). Also, status ailment attacks seem to be Dark type. (Tharja has a Sleep one that has the Dark symbol)

One thing I'm wondering: what's the physical element of Kiria's Staff attacks? Do they even have one? Same for generic enemy Clerics.

Oh right, Chapter 2 boss info:

Gangrel does the exact opposite of Draug, he can dodge attacks and have his flunkies take the hit instead.

Garrick has an attack where he hides and summons normal enemies, and from what people have said it seems you have to guess the right one he's under. Getting the wrong one gets you hit with a powerful attack.

Edited by Big Klingy

Another random note: "strong" enemies in dungeons (yellow and black Mirages) are REALLY strong, they're a challenge ever for parties that have reached the NEXT dungeon. So there seems to be a bit of replayability in dungeons, and you're often required to hunt these enemies for sidequests. (Kind of remind me of FOES in Persona Q)

Correction to my earlier post, the sidequest boss for Tsubasa I saw was

Pheros, not Phila. At least I'm pretty sure.

The stream I saw was http://www.twitch.tv/moppa1028however, they don't archive their streams. Given that they had Tsurugi in their party, I'd presume they were past Chapter 4. Their levels looked to be 45-50.

A few random skill tidbits I can remember:

Some streamer saw Megido as a Carnage Unity skill, so the Almighty spell line probably exists.

Though this is probably common-knowledge, Fire Emblem elemental spells like Blizzard exist in addition to SMT versions like Bufu. The FE ones seem to be mostly Session Skills.

Light and Dark, from what I've seen, don't work the way they usually do in SMT, I havent's seen Hama or Mudo at all. It's possible they still exist but are late-tier spells though, since weakness/resistance to Light and Dark is treated as kind of a big deal. (Only 2 playable Mirages seem to have it, and it grants an additional weakness) I THINK I've seen either Flux or Mire (this is weird, Flux is "Mir" in Japanese and Mire is "Slime", but I swear I saw "Mire" in katakana). Also, status ailment attacks seem to be Dark type. (Tharja has a Sleep one that has the Dark symbol)

One thing I'm wondering: what's the physical element of Kiria's Staff attacks? Do they even have one? Same for generic enemy Clerics.

Oh right, Chapter 2 boss info:

Gangrel does the exact opposite of Draug, he can dodge attacks and have his flunkies take the hit instead.

Garrick has an attack where he hides and summons normal enemies, and from what people have said it seems you have to guess the right one he's under. Getting the wrong one gets you hit with a powerful attack.

[spoiler=Mostly skills talk]Thanks a lot for these informations, I already saw Megido, Tharja can learn it. Megidola and Megidolaon are also probably in. Same for the FE spells, and indeed as you say, they are mostly in Session (Itsuki has "Thunder", Kiria "Blizzard", etc...), but some command skills are also FE inspired, like Horseslayer and also Flux (as explained in the next sentence) for example. I was wondering what was that "ミイル" spell I thought it was Mire at first too, but it is Flux (atleast if the FE wiki is correct), so you cleared that confusion. Flux only does damage, so I suppose most Holy/Dark spells don't instant kill, unlike in SMT/Persona.

Not all status ailment are Dark type, I saw Sexy Dance being an Holy/Light one (yes, you read that right, holy/light). Holy/Light spells don't seem common, Sexy Dance being the only one I've seen so far.

I also remember seeing Marin Karin from enemies, but I don't remember the element associated, it's probably Holy/Light like Sexy Dance.

Kiria does use her staff to hit enemies when doing an Attack command, however I suppose it doesn't have any element associated. Most people using her don't use the basic Attack command with her, so confirming that might be difficult.

[spoiler=Episodes 1 and 2 boss spoilers]Didn't know what was the buff Gangrel was doing after summoning his adds, so it redirects damage he takes to them ?

For Garrick, I'm almost positive that attack put your hp to 1, whoever it hits, but I need to confirm this, only saw that fight twice.

Another random note: "strong" enemies in dungeons (yellow and black Mirages) are REALLY strong, they're a challenge ever for parties that have reached the NEXT dungeon. So there seems to be a bit of replayability in dungeons, and you're often required to hunt these enemies for sidequests. (Kind of remind me of FOES in Persona Q)

Indeed, I will quote myself "Wild Enemies are REALLY stronger than the normal ones. I've seen them kill the whole party with 2 skills.".

[spoiler=Wild enemies in question, slight spoiler]If I remember correctly, they were an encounter in Episode 3 dungeon, 2 black wyvern riders with some others mirages. The 2 wyvern riders did Javelin Rain, the whole party died instantly. It was brutal.

And thanks for sharing your streams, I'm a little busier, so I can't watch as much streams as I would like, but I'll try to catch some of them.

Also, I'll probably be able to add more stuff later today, and one question, would some of you be interested if I put in spoiler the main mechanics of the boss encounters ? After the spoiler revealing who they are, so you can still consult that without being spoiled by what they do in the fight.

Edited by Avk

Just watched a stream of the final battle and ending. This Youtube channel has archives, check them out: https://www.youtube.com/user/Tyndis/videos

HUGE SPOILERS BELOW:

Chapter 5 boss: Gharnef.
Haven't seen much of this so I can't fully say what role he plays in the story, but appearent he's very important. He still has Imhullu as a powerful Almight attack.

Leading up to him is a boss fight against Dolph, Macellan, Gordin and Linde. It's apparently a very tought fight.

Cervantes appears to be an optional boss in another Tiki Waifu P sidequest. Yes, he still has his moustache. And he sounds as hilarious as ever.

Lon'qu is the boss of Tsurugi's sidequest, controlling his father. His father is also the lead guy who disappeared in the opening.

Chapter 6 is the final chapter. HUGE SPOILERS:

Final boss is Medeus. He has 2 forms, first has minions and the second uses powerful spells like M-dyne and Megidolaon. Tiki turns into her FE3 Dragon form to weaken him. Ikutsuki fuses with MARTH for the final fight, and it's led into by the entire cast singing a vocal version of the Fire Emblem theme.

After the credits, there are FE style character epilogues for everyone. Beating the game unlocks Lunatic Mode (yes, it's in this game) and New Game +. No word yet on whether there's any NG+ exclusive boss like in most Persona games. There are deinately a LOT of optional bosses though.

Honestly,everything I've seen so far still isn't enough for me to buy the game, but the Fire Emblem theme musical number and Marth appearing to fight Medeus is kind of neat.

Edit: Also Tiki's dragon form! Wish her dragon form looked my like that in the actual Fire Emblem games instead of the lazy white version from the remakes for the leaf covered version from Awakening.

Edited by Jagen

[spoiler=HUGE SPOILERS]Just saw the final boss fight, starting with all the characters transforming and singing the Fire Emblem theme was awesome and really funny at the same time.

I really like Medeus appearance, it kind of reminds me of Mass Effect Reapers.

The fight himself doesn't seem easy, but the streamer was playing well and safe, killing the White Druids and White Sorcerers before they could do anything, so he never was too much in danger. In the second phase, the spell "Dies Ire" (ディエス イレ) seems pretty scary, doing insane amount of damages (the animation is also cool imo, space battleship bombardment). Plus Energy Drain draining HP AND EP being annoying.

The fight itself, both phases is really long though.

On a more minor note, I saw Lorenz, being an Armor Knight during one Mamori side story. He uses Rakunda to debuff the party, has Power Charge and Megaton Tackle, so he does really high amount of damages (if he does Power Charge + Megaton Tackle the same turn, you're almost guaranteed to die), and he's with a Paladin using Rakukaja, and a Pegasus Knight with Sukukaja, both of them being able to Session you.

Wait a minute, did they [spoiler=spoiler for late game cameos]mix up Dolph and Thomas? Because, for some reason the green general during Linde/Gordin etc fight is called Thomas.

His Japanese name is Tom, トムス.

His Japanese name is Tom, トムス.

I see.

Also does[spoiler=character cameo spoilers]

Marth only have several voiced lines? Because if this is the case it's strange to see Midorikawa Hikaru being listed first among people voicing FE characters in the credits. Is this just something to emphasize Marth's importance?

I hope the game still has some secrets left, like NG+ bosses.

Just watched a stream of the final battle and ending. This Youtube channel has archives, check them out: https://www.youtube.com/user/Tyndis/videos

HUGE SPOILERS BELOW:

Chapter 5 boss: Gharnef.

Haven't seen much of this so I can't fully say what role he plays in the story, but appearent he's very important. He still has Imhullu as a powerful Almight attack.

Leading up to him is a boss fight against Dolph, Macellan, Gordin and Linde. It's apparently a very tought fight.

Cervantes appears to be an optional boss in another Tiki Waifu P sidequest. Yes, he still has his moustache. And he sounds as hilarious as ever.

Lon'qu is the boss of Tsurugi's sidequest, controlling his father. His father is also the lead guy who disappeared in the opening.

Chapter 6 is the final chapter. HUGE SPOILERS:

Final boss is Medeus. He has 2 forms, first has minions and the second uses powerful spells like M-dyne and Megidolaon. Tiki turns into her FE3 Dragon form to weaken him. Ikutsuki fuses with MARTH for the final fight, and it's led into by the entire cast singing a vocal version of the Fire Emblem theme.

After the credits, there are FE style character epilogues for everyone. Beating the game unlocks Lunatic Mode (yes, it's in this game) and New Game +. No word yet on whether there's any NG+ exclusive boss like in most Persona games. There are deinately a LOT of optional bosses though.

Holy... .

I think I may have just warmed up to this game a bit.

EDIT: Okay, I actually watched it now. NVM, anime as crap, all that jazz. I took some screenshots to help out the internet community in some way.

...But they're apparently not using the "allowed image extension for this community". Bah, does this mean I have to create a imgur/postimage account? I'll fool around with that later.

Edited by The DanMan

I've started doing weapon and skill lists here. Not sure about the translations, and some names/skills/effects in kanji are still missing, I'll continue after I wake up.

Edited by Avk