Smash Brothers 4 to be shown at June 11th Nintendo Direct

Jedi

Source http://gamingbolt.co...-revealed-at-e3

Get excited everyone, and let more speculation begin! I remember making my own list of possible characters in this little thing of mine.. if you want to see it then look here http://jedisupersonic.deviantart.com/#/d4qoziv

But I will probably re-think my ideas here. This was just random smash hype mode about a year ago for me.

Edited by Jedi

My dream team within the realm of possibility is Isaac, Shulk, and FE13 Marth.

e.g. Lucina

If I could pick one character to put in with no chance, though, I'd definitely put in Golden Sun's Alex.

-

Edit: I made this thing a year or so ago. I changed a few things to account for new developments but for the most part it's the same as it was then. I don't necessarily still stand by all or, indeed, any of these things, but I don't want to make a new one so just take this and lol at it or whatever.

nhPNgTu.png

The thing on the right is the 'adventure mode path' (blue being the paths possible without unlocking any characters), and 'assist affinity' refers to an assist trophy the character is more likely to draw.

Edited by Iridium

^ It's usually around the first week of June.

Anyway, I do hope that if we get an announcement of Super Smash Bros. 4, it at least be BRILLIANT. Don't want to have my hopes dashed with no new characters being added, like the rumors have stated. That's all I'm gonna say.

My dream team within the realm of possibility is Isaac, Shulk, and FE13 Marth.

e.g. Lucina

If I could pick one character to put in with no chance, though, I'd definitely put in Golden Sun's Alex.

-

Edit: I made this thing a year or so ago. I changed a few things to account for new developments but for the most part it's the same as it was then. I don't necessarily still stand by all or, indeed, any of these things, but I don't want to make a new one so just take this and lol at it or whatever.

nhPNgTu.png

The thing on the right is the 'adventure mode path' (blue being the paths possible without unlocking any characters), and 'assist affinity' refers to an assist trophy the character is more likely to draw.

Wow this is a pretty neato diagram. I can see you worked really hard on this. Hope Nintendo has a look at this and gets inspired!

Roy announced to return for SSB4!

Oh man I certainly hope so. With a non clone moveset and his new awakening artwork. that would be rockin

Really? Yay!

I'm sure I'll love it no matter who's in it!

they better get rid of tripping though

Oh, and All Star mode was already tedious in brawl. I hope they don't add too many new characters because then it'll take forever to beat. xP

Or maybe they can make it so that 8 characters (not ice climber 8!) can be on the map at once. Yes, so much chaos!

Edited by Momentai~

Sakurai wanted to focus more on other things than new characters though. But still, I can't wait. I'll be happy enough if Ike remains playable. <3

I would like to see either Chrom or Ephraim added to the FE cast though. :3

SSB4, 3D Mario, Mario Kart Wii U, Miyamoto's new IP, Yarn Yoshi, SMT x FE, Monolith Soft's new game, Retro Studio's new game...

This year's E3 is going to be all kinds of awesome. I bought a Wii U on launch day mostly for SSB4.

We should so make a bets thread for the SSB4 roster. See who can guess the roster the most accurately and see which character additions will mess us all over. Not that those kind of characters are bad. R.O.B. actually became my favourite and best character of the Brawl newcomers even though I expected to have King Dedede and Pit be my favourite newcomers.

Characters I wantRay 01 Custom Robo, and Gray Fox from Metal Gear.

Also Masked Marth, Chrom, and Eliwood

Bring back Mewtwo!

I really want alternate costumes, not just colours. Solid, Naked, and Old Snake, Yarn Yoshi and Kirby, Dr. Mario, Pichu for Pikachu, Radiant Dawn Ike, perhaps classic costumes for characters like Link, Fox and Ganon, and Masked Marth as, well, you know...

No more clones except Falco

They better show at least one new character at E3

Yeah, you have a point there, Randoman. I expected to play Lucario to death, but he disappointed me. I mean, he got Aura Sphere for one of his B moves like I wanted, but I felt he was too similar to Mewtwo. Plus, I got into Ike and Toon Link and had to stick with my old Melee main, Luigi. :P

Link and Toon Link need changes though!

For normal Link:

- Skyward Strike! That move is SWEET! It's like the sword beam from older Zeldas, only way cooler! Plus, SS Link is the latest older Link, so yeah. I don't care if it's a B move or the Final Smash. I just want to be able to use it!

- Sacred Bow from SS replacing normal bow. It would be chargeable, but other than appearance, there would be no other differences from the normal bow.

- Make Link a bit faster since SS Link is pretty speedy.

As for Toon Link, he just needs a complete overhaul so he's not so close to being a clone.

- Give him the Four Sword instead of the Master Sword, for starters. It can function like it does in TMC, where it doesn't split Link up right away. We'd have representation of the Four Sword saga if Toon Link was more akin to one of the Links from it.

- Roc's Cape from TMC! It would improve his recovery abilities. It can also enable him to do the Down Thrust, one of the sword techniques in TMC.

- Different Final Smash than regular Link. Perhaps the Hurricane Spin? That move is sweet. Have Link split into four and do a super duper Hurricane Spin, even!

- His Wind Waker taunt would need to be changed too because of all of the above.

Also, I think Ike needs a couple changes as well:

- Give him his other outfits! I want to play as RD Hero Ike, or Lord Ike, or even Awakening DLC Ike! Other characters could use different costume choices as well, but that's another matter.

- Give Ike his ranged attack that Ragnell can do! It was supposed to be added in Brawl, but I read that they thought it was "too overpowered." And that's stupid! The developers dumbed down Aether, so why couldn't this move get the same treatment? Plus, they had no problem making Meta Knight broken. >.>

And that's it for me, really.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In my opinion, Ephraim would add tons of variety to the game which has tons of swordfighters. Plus, there's never been a lance user which makes it an interesting concept.

I was hoping for him since Brawl considering those same things. Don't know about his chances for smash 4 but I'd be pleased to see him. Would be funny to see him and Marth side by side and people confusing them maybe.

Also according to the E3 site http://www.e3expo.com/ it's June 11th through the 13th

Edited by Opinion Leader Jedi

• 4 weeks later...

Time to jump on the hype train. Please don't disappoint, Nintendo :P

The hype and speculation are some of my favorite parts of Smash Brothers. I remember back when Brawl was in development I was in Highschool at the time. I checked the Dojo every morning before school to see if character predictions etc of mine came true. Surprisingly a good chunk of them did!

I remember the announcements of Ike and Sonic with the most glee.

Edited by Jedi