FE or SMT?

117 members have voted

1. 1. If you've played both, which do you prefer?

The only SMT I finished is Devil : Children Dark Version.

I tried others, but found them too bothersome and quitted.

The story always seems interresting, but I generally found them less fun.

I still repeat I should give it more chance. I should try to play Devil Survivor, though...

Edited by TendaSlime

Both.

Fire Emblem needs no explanation because we already know that it is a series that is always welcome to have a place in our hearts.

Shin Megami Tensei is all about children from school that can use Personas which are a deity of their masks and I find that pretty cool.

Edited by Katarina

Shin Megami Tensei is all about children from school that can use Personas which are a deity of their masks and I find that pretty cool.

Erm, Persona is merely a subseries of SMT. I hope you realize

Nononononononononono.

Shin Megami Tensei you never even set foot in school. Yeah, Hero is technically a High Schooler, or whatever, but that's 100% irrelevant, especially after the nukes. Aleph, Beth, Hiroko, etc., school children, lol. Try again. Demi-fiend, Chiaki, and Isamu, sure, but again, Conception happens and that facet of their existence is completely pushed aside, in favor of a struggle to survive. I shouldn't even have to bring up Space Marine.

MODEDIT: uh-uh baby boy. uh-uh.

Also does anyone think they may pull some stuff from the Majin Tensei subseries for this crossover?

Edited by Integrity

You would

Do you have anything to add to this discussion? No? Please Stop trying to derail threads

Mini-modding is against the rules. If you feel that what someone is doing is an issue then use the report button to alert the staff and they will decide whether or not it's worth an infraction.

Anyway, on topic:

FE

SMT games are fun, but they're very repetitive and I've never found much replay value in them.

Edited by Tangerine

I've only played Persona games, but I feel like I'd really like SMT if I gave it a chance. The different art style will take getting used to, and it still somewhat disconcerts me, as the style just isn't quite my preference.

Basically my vote is for FE. Sorry for bias qq

• 2 weeks later...

I've only played Persona 3 psp, and it's uh, enjoyable I suppose, but it just doesn't hold up to FE in my opinion. Didn't exactly enjoy the school bits that much, maybe because it's all still pictures.

What do you guys believe is the best SMT game, barring Persona 4 (since I don't own a vita and ps2 version is fucking expensive)?

I've only played Persona 3 psp, and it's uh, enjoyable I suppose, but it just doesn't hold up to FE in my opinion. Didn't exactly enjoy the school bits that much, maybe because it's all still pictures.

What do you guys believe is the best SMT game, barring Persona 4 (since I don't own a vita and ps2 version is fucking expensive)?

Strange Journey, easily, IMO. A lot of people rave about Nocturne because of Press Turn, so there's that option as well.

SMT 1 and 2 are a little dated, but still both excellent, with minor flaws.

• 2 weeks later...

Two of my favorite game series. I wonder if they're going to take a Devil Survivor approach on the crossover?

Devil Survivor is my favorite in SMT miniseries but Nocturne was my first, then Persona and SJ. FE:Gaiden was my first and I had no idea what I was doing and picked it up again for FE7 (which is my favorite with Awakening coming close now).

Gonna have to vote for FE, perhaps because I played (and finished) more of their games than SMT / Persona. And in regards to SMT, I only really played some/most of Persona 3 and finished Persona 4: Golden... and well, I think I'm on the last chapter (but I'm probably wrong if I go by how P4G is) of Devil Survivor 2. I did enter the SMT series late.... still, as much as I love P4G, I still gotta vote for FE. I've pretty much played and finished all of the FE games out in NA and played some of the translated roms. So yeah, still a biased response here.

Nononononononononono.

Shin Megami Tensei you never even set foot in school. Yeah, Hero is technically a High Schooler, or whatever, but that's 100% irrelevant, especially after the nukes. Aleph, Beth, Hiroko, etc., school children, lol. Try again. Demi-fiend, Chiaki, and Isamu, sure, but again, Conception happens and that facet of their existence is completely pushed aside, in favor of a struggle to survive. I shouldn't even have to bring up Space Marine.

I think Katarina was joking...

I think my choice is pretty obvious right? I have had minimal contact with FE though, so I will refrain from voting.

Sorry if this old news, but I wasn't willing to read every single post in the list.

If you've played lots of Fire Emblem, then a good SMT game to try would be Devil Survivor. (There's an "Overclocked" remake for the 3DS.) It's a SRPG like FE, but once you engage in a battle it turns into a single round of a traditional RPG. Very unique style, and very fun.

My vote goes to Fire Emblem, btw.