Full Site Up

ThatNinjaGuy

I think it would still be pronounced Vahl-hart tho

Vaisssssssssssssssman

That's not too bad then. Of course, the game should answer it for us with the voice acting, so hopefully they go this way.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, at least for me, Walhart's going to suffer from the same problem as Godot or Ys Seven's Cruxie.

I know exactly how it should be pronounced, but mentally I'm always going to read it the way that I read it when I first saw it - Wallheart over Vahl-heart, Go-dot over Go-dough, Crucksy over Crew-sheh, et cetera.

Renha to Yen'fay - I'll get used to it.

Tiamo to Cordelia - WHY, NoA?! Just...WHYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Valhart to Walhart - God dammit, now it doesn't seem as badass. The king of a gigantic militaristic nation, now being reduced to the head of a shopping franchise. Just...god dammit.

Because Tiamo isn't a name and literally is just Italian for 'I love you.'

Also, because Cordelia is both a much more subtle reference to the heart and an awesome name in general. One of the best name changes this side of Morgan. Also the name of a tragic character, which is cool.

Plus, Chrom/Cordelia is now alliterative and thus that much catchier.

Valhart to Walhart - God dammit, now it doesn't seem as badass. The king of a gigantic militaristic nation, now being reduced to the head of a shopping franchise. Just...god dammit.

A giant, militaristic shopping franchise.

It actually makes too much sense.

Edited by Iridium

Renha to Yen'fay - I'll get used to it.

I have a feeling they changed Renha's name in order to make all the starting swordmasters have Chinese names. Although I'm not sure if Say'ri is a Chinese name or not. As for the others, Cordelia is okay, and I explained my thoughts on Walhart already. I'm never going to use him over Ephraim ever so I shouldn't care that much for it anyways.

So they changed 'Warm' to 'Valm' and 'Valhalt' to 'Walhart', anyone else think that's funny?

About the apostrophe names, I thought it might be a Chon'sin thing since they're essentially Chinapan, but Lon'qu is supposed to be from Ferox so IDEK

I'll join the liking Cordelia train, and WTFing at Walhart train too XD

Same here, I wished they kept it as Tiamo, but I can dig Cordelia. That sounds pretty cool to me^^

I'm still going "huh?" at Walhart though.

Edited by Ace Tactician

...Has anyone noticed Lissa is "the girl most likely to snort"?

Also Walmart. Sorry. Can't get over it.

And I really hate the apostrophes. Renha's new name doesn't sound very Japanese, which I assume Shoshin was supposed to be. They all sound more like... Some other Asian nation now. I don't know, but all of Say'ri's MU support was "Let me talk about how Japanese I am!".

dammit if I hadn't read the thread I wouldn't have made the connection to Walmart at all

Cordelia is actually a pretty good namechange though. I actually kinda like it better.

That is so lame! Ti amo = I love you. Cordelia = grandmother's poodle.

Except for the fact that 'I love you' is a terrible name and Cordelia comes from the word for heart and originates from a tragic Shakespearean character who could not inherit her father's kingdom because she refused to exaggerate her love.

And as someone else said, if all else fails, it's the name of the princess in Valkyria Chronicles which is glorious.

Except for the fact that 'I love you' is a terrible name and Cordelia comes from the word for heart and originates from a tragic Shakespearean character who could not inherit her father's kingdom because she refused to exaggerate her love.

And as someone else said, if all else fails, it's the name of the princess in Valkyria Chronicles which is glorious.

Yes, sorry, I just looked up the name's history and am able to appreciate it a bit more; however, I still don't find the name phonetically pleasing.

Cordelia.

I like it.

I like it a lot.

It's the first time I've seen a localized name and not been mostly neutral at first. I instantly liked it the moment I saw it.

This is a glorious day.

I will also be reminded of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel often from now on, which is nice.