My Unit --You, or someone else?

BlueLeafeon

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will you put yourself into Awakening?

• Yes
    • No

The main website makes it very clear that the Avatar is supposed to be you--the player. So, will you follow the developers' intentions and insert yourself into the game, or are you going to make up a character that isn't you?

Personally, I think I will do both. My first file shall be a fantasy world me, and my second file (and perhaps every file afterward) will be fictional. (If I can stick any of my OCs into this game's small avatar choices, I'm going for it!)

And for those wondering, it doesn't include a "both" option because it's a yes or no question. lol

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case, while I would normally want to say yes, I'm gonna say no.

Its because when I was designing my Avatars, I was designing them like I design characters in one of my stories. They may think or act similar to me, but they aren't actually me. That, and the whole I'm not actually a guy when I'm playing as a guy thing. But it still counts for Female Avatar as well even though I am actually a girl. Just my two cents.

Edited by Silver Lightning

Yes or no question, huh? I guess that does away with the problem of multiple playthroughs. :P

Yeah, I'm putting my "fantasy self" in the game once (I wants me blue hair). And staying single! Bwahahaha. *cough* ....Maybe I'll do like I usually do and make a male version of myself, too xD oh dear.... Every playthrough besides that/those will be randomly created Avatars. ...Maybe not so random, we'll see. .... OOOOOH I could put my other characters into the game! PLANS. Duuuuuuude my own personal army of MU's consisting of my characters. In a Fire Emblem setting, no less! HELL YES I SHALL DO THIS EVENTUALLY.

PLANS. NewYearsEmoticon.gif

(So no, Lyn, I don't remember you when I'm in THIS game.)

As for me: "No, Lyn, I don't know you. If I was ever actually the person you remember, I would have married Ninian in Elibe instead and never came here to meet Chrom."

As for me: "No, Lyn, I don't know you. If I was ever actually the person you remember, I would have married Ninian in Elibe instead and never came here to meet Chrom."

Dude we need to talk about this dancer fetish of yours

I'd try desperately to convince Lyn I don't remember her just so I don't have to put up with 'What?' 'Who?' 'What?' all over again...

What is it with you and dancers? It makes me wonder what you do in your spare time. Besides translating walls of text, of course.

Edited by MajorMajora

Yes, my first playthrough on my EU copy will be 'me', most, if not all, of my subsequent playthroughs will be of 'characters'

The ones I have planned atm are

Trickster, Mag+/Def-, Henry for husband. She's a healer at heart, but with some prowess with a sword to protect herself, but there's not much physically to her, so it's easy to knock her down, if you can hit her. She'd fall in love with Henry over time, first by looking out for him, and then through trying to teach him moral things, much like in the existing supports. She'd probably spend time trying to get him to give up curses, but she'd soon realise that the curses were a part of him, and while she never would be able to stop them, she could help channel them to where they could be useful. She'll spend most of her time from the point of their marriage doubled with him loyally, making sure that even the tiniest scratch is healed right away

Falcoknight, Str+/HP-, Chrom for husband. A competitive flirt who has a love/hate relationship with her pegasus. She physically resembles Cordelia, and when she realises Cordelia is trying to catch Chrom's eye, her competitive side kicks in, and she decides to make Chrom her own, finally beating Cordelia at something. She doesn't really see the damage this would cause to Cordelia as a problem, basically figuring Cordelia'll get over it, or try and beat her. Ultimately, while the idea started out as selfish, she does actually fall for Chrom, and her flirting ways would slowly cease

Sniper, Spd+/Mag-, Sully for wife. An incessantly cheerful, silly, somewhat stupid guy, who is lax about everything, and not really the type you'd expect to see on the battlefield. But, he was trained with a bow since he was young, and is surprisingly skilled at it, even if he's chatting amicably to the enemies while he sticks em through with arrows. He ends up with Sully through a combination of him teasing her for her boyish looks, and her trying to get his derpy ass in line. From then, he'd always be supporting her from afar, even if she doesn't want him to be, and acting like a gentleman whenever she's near, which would probably earn him some time on the couch XD

Demon Fighter, HP+/-Skl, Cordelia for wife. A responsible young man, who feels the weight of being Ylisse's tactician heavily, and spends many a sleepless night assuring everything is ready, and that everyone is safe on the battlefield. Even if his decisions aren't popular, he'll stick to them, and bear the brunt of the army's rage. Over time, I think Cordelia would help him out, with her being the perfectionist she is, and they'd bond providing for the army together. However, he'd be acutely aware of her love for Chrom, and would hold off on his proposal until after Chrom's wedding, while being there to support her after Chrom's wedding breaks her heart.

his name is Paul

mine is not

(he's a pretty generic default character i use for my first self insert in everything; brown hair, brown eyes, mild mannered)

(after that it's dudes whose only intent is to murder everybody and other caricatures.)

Wow, that poll is incredibly even!

I'm not sure if I'll make my Avatar look like myself; sometimes I like to do that in video games, sometimes I don't. Actually, I probably won't, because I have a beard and 'tache and I don't think that's an option in Awakening.

Also, I always give characters their default(/canon) names in RPGs, so I can get the proper, genuine, official story.

So no, I won't be putting myself into the game. In this particular game, I think it'd be weird to do that anyway, because if your character got married and had a kid, then...that'd be you...doing it with a fictional character...

In this particular game, I think it'd be weird to do that anyway, because if your character got married and had a kid, then...that'd be you...doing it with a fictional character...

then...that'd be you...doing it with a fictional character...

you...doing it with Cherche...

you may have just convinced me to name my my unit Isaac after myself

Edited by Integrity

you may have just convinced me to name my my unit Isaac after myself

Cherche? Pah. Tharja is where it's at.

...But it's still weird.

Not really. The closest would be that I plan to make my Avatar a Paladin, but that's just due to favoritism. As I'll be marrying Cordelia, I'll be naming my character Richard, since Dick Grayson has a thing for redheads.

Just keep his default name of Robin and make him a Dark Knight.

Edited by Murdok Dracul