Killing Senators

Knife

Do you get anything for NOT killing the senators in that chapter where you burn supplies? Because a White Gem and an Ashera Icon are just too good to pass up.

extra BEXP?

How much Bexp we talking? Also, does it trigger extra dialogue or something if you don't kill them?

500 per senator in easy and normal

250 per senator in hard

Stealing is your friend. I steal both items and get the BEXP.

On my first playthrough, I was afraid if I killed one of them I would have fight an insanely large army without no EXP gain on an bonus stage or something of that magnitude. I simply stole the valuables, no questions asked. A couple weeks later, out of curiosity, I killed all of the senators just to see what my fate will come to be. Nothing happened, it it has been that way ever since.

(and they deserve every ounce of pain they receive)

I was going to say that bringing Heather would be a waste because she's not very necessary in the long run but if you think about it, the guys you choose not to bring in that map because you brought her are going to get more XP from that bonus XP you'd earn than from killing those senators. Assuming that the majority of the kills you earn in that chapter are going to other people, imo.

Plus, I think there's a couple worthwhile weapons to yoink. Considering how poor the Greil Mercs are, it's not a bad idea to bring her for that alone.

I was going to say that bringing Heather would be a waste because she's not very necessary in the long run but if you think about it, the guys you choose not to bring in that map because you brought her are going to get more XP from that bonus XP you'd earn than from killing those senators. Assuming that the majority of the kills you earn in that chapter are going to other people, imo.

Plus, I think there's a couple worthwhile weapons to yoink. Considering how poor the Greil Mercs are, it's not a bad idea to bring her for that alone.

I was never really strapped for cash during my run, since I horded just about everything that was of significant monetary value and gave it to the characters I knew would join the Greil Mercs. I definitely believed that the Hammerne staff and the white gem were too worthwhile to pass up. Like what has been stated before, this is the easiest part of the game.

I killed the one with the White Gem, and let the Ashera Icon one go.

I wanted more BEXP, but I NEEDED that White Gem.

(My forging weapons habit had sucked my money dry.)

Stealing is your friend. I steal both items and get the BEXP.

ditto. But you have to haul ass to do so because they come out really quick

They come out VEEEEEEEEEEERY quickly.

^This

To be more specific, I think the first two senators come out on turns 2 and 3, respectively. I think the third one has to be triggered by getting too close to his hut or something, I'm not sure(I usually reach the third one before he has a chance to do so.) If anyone can elaborate on the specifics I would be glad to hear them.

Edited by Donatello

The first time, I killed them. Later I haven't done that anymore. I don't know why. I use Heather to steel their stuff. I also use Haar and a mounted unit (Titania or Oscar) to block the senators way in case he tries to escape, just untill Heather reaches them.