Early Release

Acacia Sgt

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Well, it's just a few more days anyway. Canadians only got it a week earlier. Everyone will live lol.

Edit: If Jerome's voice is not ultra sexy like its Japanese counterpart, TABLES BE FLIPPED. Wonder how Azure will sound. I'm playing the game tomorrow night when I go back home, so I'm gonna try to beat the main story by the end of the weekend. Might record it but no direct capture. :/

Edited by Keilis

I get a smug sense of satisfaction that I imported every time a fellow European tells me that they have to wait til April. I know it's mean, but I can't stop it.

I had an european 3DS prior to awakening's announcement. If i hadn't had it I probably would have also imported one, lol.

This hype is killing me.

That's just dumb. I never got a call from my EBgames that my copy showed up and now that just ended :( I even preordered my game too...

I'll give them a call and see what happens >.>

EDIT: According to a friend, the early release in Canada is still going on. Well...In Calgary it is. I'll confirm it with my EBgames after this class.

Edited by LeThiAnh

I can confirm that Canada has stopped selling it early. I just called EBgames and they said they can't sell it anymore.

But for those that did preorder it and missed the early release (like me), you can still get the bonus artbook on the 4th.

Well, even with the street date reinstated, the rewards have been reaped/damage has been done (depending on your perspective).

For MOST people, it's damage. For a small portion of chumps in Canada (not like EVERYONE in Canada could get it, either), they're lucky as fuck and are either playing their hearts out or too busy flaunting the fact that they got the game because EBGames thought it'd be funny to fuck everything up and release the game early... >____>'

Yes I'm extremely butthurt fuck yo tits

I can confirm that Canada has stopped selling it early. I just called EBgames and they said they can't sell it anymore.

But for those that did preorder it and missed the early release (like me), you can still get the bonus artbook on the 4th.

Hm, so EBgames did commit a wrong when releasing it early...

You make it sound like I haven't been waiting for 9 months already.

Only? I've wanted the game since... it was first announced. That was in 2011. And I'm getting the game in June. LATER THAN YOU EUROPEANS! Why do I have to be busy with school (and have strict parents)?

Ah, well... at least I have a 3DS.

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

How's the dual audio? Are all the voices dual, or only movies?

According to a topic on GameFAQs, the dual audio is actually pretty disappointing. From what I gathered, it seems the Japanese was made for the short grunts in the cutscenes rather than fully voiced Japanese.

This is the topic http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65322369

EDIT: Odd, it seems there is some oddities in regards to the Japanese language options, mentioned in that topic.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

According to a topic on GameFAQs, the dual audio is actually pretty disappointing. From what I gathered, it seems the Japanese was made for the short grunts in the cutscenes rather than fully voiced Japanese.

That... makes no sense. What.

Uhh OK, I think the person's just confused lol. Seems like it's fine and fully voiced in Japanese if you want it to be.

Well whatever, I'll check out the game tomorrow night when I play it. I was just impatient to know, that's all. XD

Only? I've wanted the game since... it was first announced. That was in 2011. And I'm getting the game in June. LATER THAN YOU EUROPEANS! Why do I have to be busy with school (and have strict parents)?

Ah, well... at least I have a 3DS.

And here I bought a 3DS when the game was announced in Japan believing that it would one day make it to North America.

Only I had to buy the 3DS bundle in order to get the art book so now I have 2 3DSes. But one is blue. And shiny. And Fire Emblemy.

The topic was updated and the OP said that the voices work fine now. Either they were doing something wrong or there is a glitch. They also said that the voice changed for the cutscenes and grunts so I'm guessing that they were still hearing English voices in the battles when they were expecting to hear Japanese.

Edited by 上昇Taiyou

And here I bought a 3DS when the game was announced in Japan believing that it would one day make it to North America.

Only I had to buy the 3DS bundle in order to get the art book so now I have 2 3DSes. But one is blue. And shiny. And Fire Emblemy.

The topic was updated and the OP said that the voices work fine now. Either they were doing something wrong or there is a glitch. They also said that the voice changed for the cutscenes and grunts so I'm guessing that they were still hearing English voices in the battles when they were expecting to hear Japanese.

*goes to the corner to huddle and cry*

I *sob* w-would *sob* g-get it *sob* too *sob* i-if my *sob* parents *sob* w-would *sob* let me... *sob sob sob*

It's not that I don't have the money... I have the money... It's just... They don't like the idea of me buying something I already have: a 3DS. And it's not even an upgrade like the XL...

*sigh*

Spending a lot of money on something you don't need and then savouring the combination of regret and satisfaction is an important part of being an adult. They should consider it a learning experience for you.

Spending a lot of money on something you don't need and then savouring the combination of regret and satisfaction is an important part of being an adult. They should consider it a learning experience for you.

Oh, trust me... I've done that before. :P

I should never have used $200 on those Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

Ah, the remorse~

But there was that immense satisfaction in picking a pack and getting a rare card. @_@

*sigh*