Awakening Localized Name Discovery Thread

Lucina is the only female character who can get the skill, and she cannot pass it down to a female Morgan either (nor can any other potential female children from Chrom because they will only have Aether). If you have Rightful King, you must be related to royalty somehow even though you could be as many as 2 generations down the line, and barring Lucina, they will all be male.

That explains everything. I guess it's more a title than an actual reference to the gender. I would assume that would be the most practical choice, seeing the timeline(s) this game takes place in.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I went through the script without transcribing anything but when you first meet him, one of his very first battle cries is RADIANT DAAAAAAAAWN. He's broken the 4th wall! His voice clips are truly amazing and perfect for the character.

I didn't think it was possible but somehow I love him even more

Chrom's family is best family

Divine King was a terrible name change, did they forget that many children units (one being a girl) ALSO get that skill?

Male units can be Demoiselles (damsels, maidens.) I think it's nice that they're accepting of their gender confusion.

So disappointed that no one has made an Inigo Montoya reference yet.

That crap is happening my LP. Because I am destined to die to a guy with six fingers.

僕の息子をイニゴと呼ぶことができないぞ。

They were ASKING for that Princess Bride reference with that localization.

I think there was an error made with regards to Paris's localised name. The Japanese VAs list Daisuke Ono as voicing "Priam".

I'd upload a screenshot but I don't have a camera.

I think there was an error made with regards to Paris's localised name. The Japanese VAs list Daisuke Ono as voicing "Priam".

I'd upload a screenshot but I don't have a camera.

I would actually be very okay with Priam.

Still not exact, but at least it's from the same myth.

Apparently two more of Owain's battle quotes are Sacred Stones and Binding Blade.

There's also Ike's ghost and Nephenee's Lance!

Interesting. He gave FE7~9 references in the Japanese version, where the games' titles are played on.

Sumia and Olivia are known to read novels about FE4 and FE10. Sumia in particular gave away FE4's subtitle in her support with Robin. Is this carried over to the NA version?

Paris -> Priam

HE IS HIS OWN FATHER?! ...Funny thing is, there's time travel shenanigans in this game so it's not so farfetched.

Wait until Japan makes a Priam character later. Then it'll be the Alondite and Ettard name swap all over again.

Darn, I wanted to know who voiced Nah.

Same here.

Darn, I wanted to know who voiced Nah.

There's a "Who's on first" joke in here, somewhere...

Sumia and Olivia are known to read novels about FE4 and FE10. Sumia in particular gave away FE4's subtitle in her support with Robin. Is this carried over to the NA version?

Would you know the name of the book?

Edited by Mysterique Sign

There's a "Who's on first" joke in here, somewhere...

Would you know the name of the book?

The line from her JPN B support is

"Rufure: By the way, what are you reading, Sumia-san?

Sumia: I...Let's see..."Genealogy of the Holy War"."

Which, of course, is FE4, or Seisen no Keifu

Edited by Wheels

The line from her JPN B support is

"Rufure: By the way, what are you reading, Sumia-san?

Sumia: I...Let's see..."Genealogy of the Holy War"."

Which, of course, is FE4, or Seisen no Keifu

I haven't beat it yet to check the support library but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the name of the book