Awakening Localized Name Discovery Thread

I'm curious as to the team names of the SpotPass teams. Is it the same? And in retrospect, are Mystery of the Emblem teams called as is? I don't know if the team names can be that long.

Since nobody got to this, they're "Mystery of the Emblem (JP)"

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in other languages

Lon'qu -> Lon'zu

Cherche -> Zelcher

Panne -> Palne

Could you clarify which language has made which changes? I'm trying to do that myself, but it's point-blank refusing to allow me access to translated versions of the full website, instead just redirecting me to the slightly older brief profiles. wait never mind I've got it; for those interested, French, German, Spanish and Italian

Just to clarify: these three name changes are present in all four languages. Additionally, all languages except Italian have Daraen as the default Avatar name (the Italian version keeps Robin).

Edited by bookofholsety

While on the subject of this week's SpotPass: I don't suppose Arvis mentions Velthomer in any of his three world map encounter lines? Just curious if we've potentially got an English name for it now (I'm pretty sure all the other locations the other FE4Gen1 characters come from are covered already).

The answer's no in the JP version. Nor is Velthomer mentioned in any of the DLC chapters.

They're the above on the Bonus Box menu, but just "Mystery (JP)" when parleying.

Thanks. This is what I wanted to know.

Could you clarify which language has made which changes? I'm trying to do that myself, but it's point-blank refusing to allow me access to translated versions of the full website, instead just redirecting me to the slightly older brief profiles.

I don't think I ever saw any Non-English/Non-Japanese Foreign name changes in any of the name charts from the previous games that were listed either, but I guess can ask Ayven Knight/Vincent for Foreign name changes in the Name Chart.

Edited by King Marth 64

I don't think I ever saw any Non-English/Non-Japanese Foreign name changes in any of the name charts from the previous games that were listed either, but I guess can ask Ayven Knight/Vincent for Foreign name changes in the Name Chart.

I was asking about the three changes made so far for FE13, which wouldn't be listed on SF, and I already have my answer (aka the entire rest of my post which wasn't crossed out). Formal charts on the main site listing every change for the four European versions would most likely be a waste of time and space considering the information's useful to a tiny fraction of people; for what it's worth I've kind of collated a good portion of this data already, and precious few character and location names are actually changed* so there's comparatively little unique data to report on in the first place.

*obviously weapons and skills are changed but what do you expect? not changing them would be like keeping "Tetsunotsurugi" or whatever in the English version

Cel.

CEL.

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK.

Also, why is everyone calling Helswath so damn cool? Because it doesn't allude to Hitler? Or because you're all suckng up to the mods? Because GameFAQs seems to hate that name.

GameFAQ's hates everything. Tis a common fact

Also, why is everyone calling Helswath so damn cool? Because it doesn't allude to Hitler? Or because you're all suckng up to the mods? Because GameFAQs seems to hate that name.

Wat. Swanchika=Hitler?

Helswath is still even cooler than a supposed Hitler refrence

EDIT: Ohhhhh. Swastika. Herp...

Edited by L95

That's not an answer you bastards. Why do you like Helswath and hate Swanchika?

Hell=Instant cool.

Swans=Not cool.(In the context of an axe, anyway.)

Besides, I don't remember anyone saying they hate Swanchika... they just like Helswath more.

Edited by L95

Of course I'd rather not know, I hate name changes. But, "curiosity killed the cat"; this cat is very curious.

Oh well, at least the horrendous change won't torment me while I try to fall asleep? Though not knowing will... Seriously, who is it?? Is it even an FE character...? -goes to sleep-

Edited by Tsamimi

There is definitely no "Cel". There's a Ced (Sety), but no Cel. Seriously dude, if you're going to be angry, at least get your facts straight about the subject of your anger.

what are you talking about, PS3's mythical epic processor shows up in Awakening

seriously though, i find Lewyn more annoying because the spelling just looks so....awkward

seriously though, i find Lewyn more annoying because the spelling just looks so....awkward

It's pronounced the same as Levin, so just interpret the W as a V.

shhhh Cel is a super secret bonus character and you can't just go swinging that information around in public, takes all the surprise and fun out of it