• Gregor
    • Libra
    • Henry

Best Pairings from before

Chrom x Olivia

Sumia x Chrom

Lissa x Donnel

Sully x Stahl

Miriel's son is one of the few children that doesn't parallel with his mother.

Maribelle... I really don't have anything to say for her.

Kellam for Miriel: At first they were more of a 'pair the spares', but after reading their supports they warmed up to me. They make an interesting pair for sure.

Gaius for Maribelle: They have shared history that makes them a nice fitting pair.

Miriel x Ricken (even though I like Henry's modifier spread a little bit better, I like Ricken's class options more) and Mariabelle x Donnel (it's the only way Brady can have Armsthrift and have at least 50 luck, plus the mods aren't that bad).

Miriel x Ricken- Even though Henry is better magic wise, Ricken lets Laurent learn Great Knight and Paladin skills (Luna and Holy Shield for the win!)

Maribelle x Henry- Brady gets to be an unstoppable Sorcerer. Plus he gets the Barbarian and Thief classes. Also DAT magic and skill modifier

Oh, these two... I'll be kind of a power-gamer when it comes to their their sons because I'm finicky with not getting my mages screwed when I can do something about it:

Miriel can marry whoever she wants and Laurent will end up Magic-oriented even if he will never have his mother's awesome magic growth, but I'd probably go with completing the magic guy set (Mage, Dark Mage, Priest) with either Kellam and Miriel's Hypothesis in Presence Obfuscation (aka. their cute support) or just use the whole "Troubadour --> Barbarian" exchange to build him into Libra 2.0...

On the hand, unless I'm dead set in making Brady into a mage-tanking Paladin or a balanced Dark Knight, I'd probably be pairing Maribelle with Henry because his Class Set mixes well with Brady's default...

(Also, as for why I haven't suggested Ricken as a father for any of the above: While It's good he maximizes a Child's Magic, I can't help it if it feels like a wasted bonus when the only magic-based Class he passes is redundant... Both DarkFlier!Severa and Magic-oriented!Noire actually benefit more from his Class Set)

Stahl for Miriel and and Vaike for Maribelle, because any of the magic males gives Laurent inheritence overlap, while Stahl passes on all three classes and it seems to me he had a pretty good brain in his head as well, and Vaike has much the same advantages to Brady's inheritance, plus giving him classes that fit well with his intimidating appearance, perhaps even going a ways into explaining it, and it has a certain delicious irony in having Lissa's best friend and Chrom's rival hooking up.