Dark Blessing/Shadowgift

Onestep

Is this really that good a skill?

I mean, considering that Sage's only have 2 more base magic to take advantage of over Sorcerer's and much lower defence, it seems like there might be better choices for one of the five skill slots. Or is having access to Stave's on top of Dark Magic really that useful?

Is this really that good a skill?

I mean, considering that Sage's only have 2 more base magic to take advantage of over Sorcerer's and much lower defence, it seems like there might be better choices for one of the five skill slots. Or is having access to Stave's on top of Dark Magic really that useful?

Nosferatu seems like a really broken spell. I guess that's at least one good reason to use Dark Magic!

But he's asking why you would use another class and use up a skill slot just for that, when the benefits of said class aren't really worth it.

That being said, I doubt you're supposed to use it with a Sage. Probably something more mobile, like a Dark Rider or Dark Flier.

The beauty of Dark Blessing is that you can use it to have dark magic as a dark knight or dark flier, though. And you could have Sol or Life Absorb to really amp up the health recovery factor. Ruin, Waste, and Nosferatu are ridiculously powerful, ridiculously broken spells, so to be able to use them in any tome using class is just amazing.