Summer reading.

Zanarkin

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do summer reading

• Yes
    • No

AWESOME, I can use this thread to talk about the books I've read the summer!

Anyway, YES I DO SUMMER READING. I love to read. Storylines are interesting, even if you can't play as the characters. XD

Anyway, I plan to reread the entire Tamora Pierce Tortall series this summer. So um. 15 books. Yeah.

Have reread:

SoTL: Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

SoTL: Into the Hands of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce

SoTL: The Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

I capture the castle by Dodie Smith

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Read for the first time:

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

Yeah Like Songbird I do read for fun over the summer, but some of the books I have the be forced to read by my school

I've read

Halo Contact Harvest

And the First Splinter Cell novel

I'm forced to read

The Count of Monte Cristo

And some Vietnam war book

Books...? Sorry, but pass. Our school assigns the gayest books to read. I'm probably going to start my summer reading after school starts, the summer reading test is 2 weeks afer the beginning of school.

Lucky for me, it seems i don't have to do summer reading for my school this year. :)

Last year was horrible since the honors english summer assignment made you more than i would otherwise have to do. Reading about 3 books assigned by my school, doing jounal entries on them every 2 chapters, then reading another book, from a list, and writing a report on it.

It took me the entire last 2 weeks of summer vacation to finish that, not to mention i had AP US history assignment in addition. D=

Oh well, this time i can relax... for a while. :/

I'm not doing any summer reading.

I'm lucky that summer reading for two of my classes is no longer allowed. I would read for fun, but I've been tired lately and there's always the fact that I read the stories by the writers here.

I might pick up a book (I'd like to read the latest Twilight book XD), but let's see if I'm in the mood for reading. =/

I have to read books assigned by my classes...

For English I have to read

Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller

Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

For History:

The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli (Ugh, not even a storybook)

A few chapters in our textbook

I do read for fun, also. I like the Maximum Ride books, they're epic.

I've finished most of my summer reading that I had to do for AP euro. Other than that, I don't like reading.

The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli and like the entire Western Heritage text book.I wouldn't have done it if we weren't going to be quizzed on it the first day of school.

I've finished most of my summer reading that I had to do for AP euro. Other than that, I don't like reading.

The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli and like the entire Western Heritage text book.I wouldn't have done it if we weren't going to be quizzed on it the first day of school.

who quizes you on the whole text book? My teachers don't even quiz me on the whole text book for Finals.

I no longer have to worry about reading for school, but I do do it for enjoyment...usually that is. For the past month or so I've been trying to read The Brothers Karamazov but I keep getting distracted by a certain series of video games...

There are these couple books that I was supposed to read over the summer. I haven't found them yet.....I really hope I can find them somewhere before summer vacation ends.