Fire Emblem 6: Anniversary

Chocolate Kitty

77 members have voted

1. 1. Read the post on the last page, what's your opinion?

• I LOVE IT!!!!! :D
    • It sounds interesting enough, why not.
    • Meh, idk, no opinion at this point.
    • I'm not really a fan, but I'll see where it goes I guess.
    • I HATE IT!!!!! D:<

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, two character perspectives? With actual character and map differences along the way? Sounds like the Eliwood/Hector mode split, but with greater purpose behind it!

It does sound a little ambitious indeed, depending on how the whole thing is tackled. Wouldn't it basically be developping 2 projects at the same time, with each their own maps, their own balancing and all that?

Of course it sounds crazy badass to have a parallel project like that in a single game, but I have the feeling you'd end up with a two-tiered development scheme. One tier which would involve a lot of customization and creative liberties, based on a non-gaming source (Al's Mode); and the other which would have a lot of its work chewed out for you, and probably wouldn't require just as much new material (Normal mode).

On the plus side, you'd avoid the issue of ending up with a clutter of like 50 units by chapter 15, and having to worry about balancing them all out so they're all unique and decent and such.

General thoughts: If you are convinced that you'll have absolutely no problem with this and can manage both sides equally well, then sure, go ahead. But, while it's unique and hype as fuck, I don't think the payoff is great enough to necessitate such an approach.

Edit: That probably sounds way more negative than I wanted it to be. I guess my goal there was more to know what you think about that possible problem than actually deterring you from sticking to that plan.

Edited by Miacis

Because it has a poll.

Every time someone votes in a poll, it counts as an update, therefore marking it as an unread thread.

Well that's dumb

Edited by shinpichu

One question: Why revamp the old FE6 portraits yet keep the young versions of characters that should obviously be older, as Eliwood and Hector? This seems especially out of place since Lyn has a new portait.

Rutger named Rutoga is also... weird.

Other than that, it looks awesome. Will play this when it's finished and I actually get the thing to work

Well, that's an awesome idea. And to clarify, I didn't meant any harsh critisism. The story is supposed to take place during FE6 right? To be honest, I personally prefer FE6 Eliwood over FE7's aged Eliwood. Think I do the same with Hector. Even though FE7 aged Hector has dat badass frown going on.

I didn't take any harsh criticism :o

Yes, it's still fe6's time period. I like both of them as well tbh, but hector hardly looks like he's ~37, neither does eliwood.

I swear every time I see Eliwood and Hector in FE6 I think, "Wow, they must be in there 60s." But in the game there like in there 30s or 40s, right? Lol that's pretty odd..

Anyways, this project is interesting, remaking FE6 while putting in new classes in like TBA's Halberdier and the Great Knight from FE8. Nice job, keep up the good work.

I swear every time I see Eliwood and Hector in FE6 I think, "Wow, they must be in there 60s." But in the game there like in there 30s or 40s, right? Lol that's pretty odd..

Anyways, this project is interesting, remaking FE6 while putting in new classes in like TBA's Halberdier and the Great Knight from FE8. Nice job, keep up the good work.

I believe it was because most of the FE6 mugs weren't as polished as later FE games, so they weren't too good looking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So if I've read the manga and played FE6 and FE7, I should like this game I take it. And just curious...I understand the new sprites for FE7 characters, but why new FE6 sprites? I thought the characters like take Lilina for example would stay the same or do I not understand the timeline? Much appreciated.

Edited by Roy: Marquess of Pherae